Unlimited access >

Most Bizarre gone wrong thread?

Wow. Cuz, you know, several, or more than several, really … :lol: Probably just lucky I never put my foot in it that far, myself. :winkgrin:

Thank you!

Some, like the Welsh pony, I’m not sure what forum they would be in. It would help if I could recall the year. But this should help hunt it down! Maybe they finally decided what to do with the pony and at last I’ll find out. :smiley:

There is the sub-forum for “Favorites”, something about “the best of COTH”. I think some of these were the worst of COTH! A sub-forum for The Worst? :yes: :no: :o

Maybe make a request for that forum in the Technical Help forum?

A good time as they are working on the new COTH forums to come right now.

I found the best thread ever, started in 2006 and still active! That is, I’m sure it will go another round in just a few short months. :yes:

“worst x-mas present ever recieved”
[URL=“https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/discussion-forums/off-course/5444-worst-x-mas-present-ever-recieved”]https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/f…-ever-recieved

:lol: :lol: :lol:

8 Likes

You’re welcome.

There’s no need to ask COTH to find the train wrecks for you when they have given us the means to research for ourselves.:yes:

1 Like

I would like to humbly submit my own thread. Man that was a weird time in my life, and the thread reflects that. Can’t believe it was so long ago!
https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/archives/favorites/18046-child-in-my-pasture-wwyd

18 Likes

Definitely a classic. Glad you got a resolution at the end of that drama.

Probably right down another rabbit hole to ask if you know how things turned out with the child, who must now be in her early to mid 20’s. Or did you never hear of her or her mom again, which would have been a blessing. :slight_smile: And the Gran who I hope has/had some peace.

That one started so innocuously, and wow … :o

1 Like

Reading it back feels so weird. Gran sadly passed a couple of years ago and I haven’t seen nor hear anything about the mother or daughter.

4 Likes

Was that the thread with all the pictures of people in costume? That was a doozy!

Dammit, I had things to do today, and things are not getting done, because I keep coming back and reading a few more posts 😂😂😂😂

Does anyone know if the Crayola posse thread is still available? And the dead baby thread (how to cook, it is a spoof)? They were very old

I’m pretty sure that one was retired to the favorites forum. Shame the OP never came back to share what happened.

Link to a previous thread about threads gone wrong. The crayola thread is listed there around halfway through. Most of the other classics are included as well.

https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/archives/reference/158816-best-threads-trainwrecks-on-coth/

2 Likes

ahhhh…feeling nostalgic reading some of these! LOL. Great fun

1 Like

Some of the old ones, I wouldn’t mind a “where are they now” update. The ones about real people, not just posters throwing brickbats at each other.

Not suggesting waking up a zombie thread, though. And there is danger in opening the lid on an old jar. A whole new set of readers may want to rehash the entire drama, thus producing another 200+ pages saying again everything that was already said, just with different members saying it.

8 Likes

Does anyone remember the Summit Injectable Thread where the manufacturers ended up looking up OPs address and sending the product to her house free to try- unrequested? Then prison records of the creator and sketchy manufacturing practices came up and a few people peddling the product cane on to sell/recruit sellers for the pyramid scheme? That was an interesting one…

1 Like

I do love a bit of synergy, this thread, prompted by the “hanging a bridle in the office” led me to the “there’s a child in my pasture” epic. Where I found this. https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/archives/favorites/18046-child-in-my-pasture-wwyd?p=1582571#post1582571

1 Like

Thank you SO MUCH for the Heather Hill thread! OMG, I’ve almost destroyed my work keyboard several times this morning already!

Some of the true wrecks make me think of a funny thread going around FB. Someone made an initial FB post (paraphrasing) ‘to prove people will argue over a stick’ and put out a photo of a short tree branch, with the statement “This is a stick.”

Random strangers are sailing in with all kinds of definitions and opinions of what a stick actually is, and if this is a stick or not, and what kind of stick it is if it is a stick, and then of course what they think of any idiot who doesn’t think what they think, and then outrage over anyone who would dare criticize their logic … just like a proper COTH trainwreck over farriers or lesson students or training advice or …
:smiley: :lol: :yes:

6 Likes

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have to report that I saw IRL at Arabian SHN and I literally ran the other way because I was cracking up remembering the thread. She was tooling around like royalty and people there actually seemed to like and respect her. She DID doma lot to promote the breed, albeit in a strange way sometimes. There is now a perpetual award in her memory as she has passed.