Unlimited access >

My Horse Is So Beautiful!

I’ve owned mine for 12 years, and I still can’t stop staring at him.

27 Likes

I couldn’t help myself :blush: this thread is wonderful!

26 Likes

I lovelovelove this thread- it’s a happy way to start the day:)

I have laid six horses to rest in my lifetime. I lost 26+ TWH Joker last February to colic.

My remaining two horses: on the left is Duncan the 27 yr old Dutch Warmblood who was a hunter/jumper until injuries ended his career. After I lost Joker, Fate intervened and sent him to me as a companion to my 28+ TWH Rusty on the right.

Rusty has been with me since he was two and is a diehard 4-wheel drive trail horse. He saved DH’s bacon twice when DH didn’t listen and almost got both of them injured or worse - DH was banned from riding after the second incident:)

I ca. take a thousand fotos before I get lucky with a shot like this. This was in October, the day after their dentist visit - none the worse for the wear and breath takingly handsome for the elder gents that they are:)

22 Likes

Squee!!! A good App will stay with you forever! This is mine that saw me thru all my teen years and into college. He was pretty good at the title of this thread :grin:

29 Likes

I love this thread! Here is my most beautiful boy. He is a saint too! Love him so much! I have had him for 13 years. He’s an OTTB (Irish lines). His grandsire was a UL eventer named Theatrical. He will be with me 'til the end.

24 Likes

15 years together and still going. I can’t believe he’ll be 19 next year!

![image|375x500]

23 Likes

might as show Charlie, he was donated to my daughter to use on her summer camp riding classes. He was “said to be” 25 at that time… he lived to 45

this was at about 40

he was leased to this young girl for awhile, he remained here during that time, he would have been about 27 then

22 Likes

What a face! Kissable.

2 Likes

From his first breath til his last, my best boy

22 Likes

@Benwick1 I love that look in the third pic.

@Risuena he looks quite proud of himself too!

@Curly_Feather WOW… really gorgeous appy pattern! I love him!

@barnesthenoble love your screen name and lovely chestnut!

Me too! I’m adding you to the list of people that if I’m ever reincarnated as a horse, I’m coming to your place to be taken care of in my old age.

@JBCool love that blanket appy!

@shamrock your smile says it all there.

@lenapesadie such a sweet face!

@clanter That is a very old pony! Wow. He must have had great care.

5 Likes

the last four years he was fed very carefully using a mash made of Equine Senior three to four times a day to help keep his weight up. He was in a special paddock that allowed him in/put of his stall at his will. Also on good days he was turned out in the pasture.

We had five horses pass away before he went…each time the vet’s first comment was is it that pony?

2 Likes

So many beautiful horses!

My late mare, Ruby, on her last day this spring. She was so beautiful, with the most wonderful forelock and mane. I could never bring myself to trim her mane so we went for the au naturel look:
IMG_5415 copy Small

My new Appendix mare, Ginni, with an ear on the terrifying pig coming down the barn aisle. I really should take a nice photo of her one of these days!
IMG_6467 Small

And Ginni and I on one of the last nice autumn days a few weeks ago:
307115830_411304541208252_8629832355495077168_n Small

21 Likes

My girl Brenna

28 Likes

Gorgeous!

I love that nose and her glamorous mane so much!

1 Like

So loving this thread :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Keep the beauteous pics coming!
Salting the mine :sunglasses::
3 Amigos in Summer:

Winter:

19 Likes

Omg the nose marking! ADORABLE!

5 Likes

So today was something I have never seen in my nearly 40 years… a rainbow in the snow. Of course I had to get a photo.

Also… Miss Ginni is clearly a unicorn. She farts rainbows.
(I did not INTEND to get this photo but how could I not share it?)
IMG_6610 Medium IMG_6614 Medium

22 Likes

Looks like one wants in that door lol.

LOL… great pic!

1 Like

well need some smaller one I guess,

Romeo who is a mighty 6.2h

IMG_0364 IMG_0384

he is a professional model

photo-2

and works as a Unicorn when needed

IMG_6950