Unlimited access >

Need an "S" name :-)

Favorite composers: Rachmaninoff (Sergey), Beethoven (Ludwig), Schubert (Franz)
Sir Schubert, Sir Schubert G

Dixie Chick Songs: I don’t know much about their music other than what I hear on the radio, but here are a few additional songs that might be workable, translated into German
Sir Wiegenlied (Lullaby)
Sir Erdrutsch (Landslide)
Sir Lieblingsjahr (Favorite Year)
Sir Wahrheit 2 (Truth No. 2)

My brother said (1/2 seriously) that if I named him after a Bob Marley song then he would pay all show entry fees. Little brother has no idea…lol He likes “Trenchtown Rock” but I don’t know about that…

Sir One Love: everyone knows this song but maybe this sounds silly. Same when translater into the German Eine Liebe

Out of everything above, the following feel like they have a stallion ring to them:
Sir Schubert or Sir Schubert G: not super exciting, but not blah either
Sir Wahrheit 2 sounds cool.
Sir Trenchtown : I bet people would think this is weird, but my shows would be free. Little brother is an attorney and if he signs off on this, he knows he has to pay, or should. lol.

1 Like

Goldmaedel comes from the G-line and trying to incorporate it. As I said, some of those suggestions were not good ones, but I threw out a bunch in the hope they would trigger some better ones. :slight_smile:

Or DanzSir if the swap will do.

2 Likes

Easiest way to honour the stallion and reflect the personality of the young horse would be Sir Heinrich´s Sparkling Joy or something like that.

1 Like

There’s a Bob Marley tune called “Sun is Shining”–no “Sir” needed.
Or “Satisfy My Soul”.
Or “Stir It Up”

1 Like

Sir Komiker (Komiker is German for comedian)
Salvo
Senator
Shipshape
Slipstream
Slapstick

Sirendipity/ous
Sirenade
Sirenity
Sirvility
Sirvant

and so on.

1 Like

Sir With Love

Names that stick with Sir and incorporate The Dixie Chicks:
Sir Tangled Heart
Sir Heartbreak (or Heartbreaker)
Sir Live Wire (from the song Let Him Fly)
Sir Slade

Bob Marley name ideas:
Sir Shot the Sheriff
Stir It Up
Satisfy the Soul
Sir Revolution
Sir Rebel Music (or just Sir Rebel)
Sir Crisis
Burnin’ and Lootin’
Sir Shakedown (Shakedown Party)
Sir Simmer Down
Fussin’ and Fightin’
Midnight Raver

(Not for a stallion but I’d totally name a mare Easy Skanking and be highly amused every time her name had to be announced at shows.)

1 Like

I am liking Sir Tenlee, very whimsical

1 Like

I like all of these a lot.

Sir Lancelot

The registry said I have some time to come up with a name since the forms won’t go back to the German office for a while.

If I had a pony, I would definitely go for “Sir Tenlee” - such an adorable name!!!
It makes me want to buy a pony. lol.

For the colt, I’m looking at the suggestions thus far and have pieced together a couple of thoughts:

Sir Heinrich’s Revolution
(A nod to the sire and to the music theme from the dam)

People might not get the Bob Marley theme until we do a freestyle to reggae, but that type of music totally suits his personality.

3 Likes

“Donner” means thunder in German, so you could go with Stürmisch which means “stormy”

It not only starts with an S, references the damline, sounds dressagey but also provides the cute, retro barn name Stormy and has an umlaut which, really… :grimacing:

(another one is Sir Orkan - orkan meaning hurricane)

2 Likes

Ooooh from made up or mispelled words…discovered here:

Syvally

Looks like a great stallion name to me. LOL

3 Likes

Sir Syval

:rofl:

3 Likes

Yasss.

Sirocco

Sir Prising

Surge