NEW Barisone Court Filing - 7/15/21

They were sleeping in the clubroom.

5 Likes

Thanks.

Speaking of the facility. Did the farm ever get sold? If so, does anyone know who bought it?

About the guest or tenant etc distinction.

If a house is deemed uninhabitable and the people living in it refuse to move, the town officials need to follow a process that could involve deadlines for fixing things or a court ordered eviction.

If there is no immediate danger to life, they aren’t going to make you haul out right away. That’s reserved for really serious structural failure events like in Miami.

The verbal discussion about tenancy status is still not a true legal decision. That requires a court hearing where both parties can present their version of the living arrangement agreement and the judge decides.

1 Like

In my state 30 days establishes residency. After 30 days the formal eviction process MUST be followed. Instant evictions can be done by the building department if a place is determined to be uninhabitable. Again, this is my state, not necessarily NJ. Maybe the same, maybe not.

Also, LK attended a Poulin clinic held at the farm at the end of July. She seemed ecstatic then. Between this case and the simultaneous George Morris thing I took 1000 screenshots to keep up.

2 Likes

Re: the SUV. And it may or may not be true.

The police were clearly getting competing 911 claims of increasing wackyness from both parties. When that happens they do tend to take an “everybody simmer down” approach because they can’t possibly untangle it all.

6 Likes

That does not explain the claims that the police failed to report that MB was claiming he was in fear and purposefully left out his side of the story in the reports.

6 Likes

It sold in August 2020, but it does not say to whom.

https://www.longandfoster.com/homes-for-sale/411-W-Mill-Rd-Washington-Twp-NJ-07853-282364432

With weapons mentioned and threats suggested, you’d think they would send them to opposite corners to simmer down.
Since one is part owner, sending the other parties offsite would seem wise.

2 Likes

Sold to “Broadway Paving Inc”. The address listed for Broadway Paving Inc. looks like a private residence. You can find the owner of that property’s name through a few more searches.

1 Like

As I recall (knock it off autocorrect) its pretty nice with a full kitchen, bath with shower, etc.
Nicer than most viewing rooms.

I can’t recall if it had a bedroom(s).

Iirc the pics of “cat feces” or an overflowing cat box was the kids bedroom in the house, but maybe it was in the barn?

Yes, seriously, we need a chronological order of “facts” (likely a short list) and then “claims”

2 Likes

That is the barn lounge, not an apartment. No bedrooms in the barn. (Information learned in the old threads, never been there.)

1 Like

Good luck to the brave soul who attempts that project.

4 Likes

So many claims by LK have disappeared in the last two years you can’t find them all.

4 Likes

The current owner of Michael Barisone’s previous farm is the Broadway Paving Company, in Belmar, NJ. Don’t ask me to explain it, it is what’s there in the property records.

1 Like

@Sdel

Well, we will have to wait to see the police reports and hear why they didn’t take more action.

I do think that police have a tendency to discount both parties when they are getting multiple competing 911 calls, both sides claiming their lives are in danger etc. If they can’t find a gun or a black SUV they do tend to dismiss it all.

I’m not saying this is a good thing. And every once in a while they misread a situation and someone is actually hurt or killed.

But that’s because they are just not very good at mediating interpersonal disputes in the absence of obvious criminal activity. If no one is waving a gun or a machete or bleeding or driving a stolen car, they tend to discount both sides.

So I am not particularly surprised at the police responses outlined in the court document.

5 Likes

Does anyone from that area know if there are horses on the property now?

1 Like

I’m sure someone still has them

1 Like

Agreed, which is why I’ve usually qualified most of my statements as “if as claimed” or said something about hoping there was a paper trail to back up a claim.

I will say that I listened to the call where they say that if the dispatcher had listened they would have heard the screams
.and thought they overstated what you could make out. I think this is more about leverage for the criminal trial than anything else because it is incredibly difficult to take on a municipality.

1 Like

Looking into the Broadway Paving Incorporated takes you down a rabbit hole. Some random old lady with no connection to horses lives at the address on the deed and there’s no real information about the company in any records, except they got a PPP load for $231,473. There’s a similarly named company in NYC, which is confusing, so this looks like some sort of weird shell company used for odd dealings.

3 Likes

Okay, I took a closer look at what’s going and the former Hawthorne Hill Farm is now known as Lotus Equestrian Center. Why the **** that never came up until now, I just don’t know, but they have been up and running for some time. “Owned” by a young-looking couple named Brian and Brooke, with Brooke being an Endurance rider and the daughters doing H/J. The more I look at this, the less it makes any sense.

2 Likes