New filing on ecourts re MB

When the insurance company denied him representation the criminal trial had not happened yet. So, it would not be re-litigating that since the decision was made before that happened.

16 Likes

Too easy to cheat and certain posters clearly have honed that skill for decades.

4 Likes

Not true. The insurance company lawsuit involves, yet again, different parties and different questions from either the criminal trial or the lawsuit involving SGF and RC.

I bet they would be eager to rehash the trial. But maybe theyā€™ll just opt to settle.

13 Likes

If, in fact, Tarshis ever actually said anything negative about MHG.

Do we have any evidence of that? Or just IM/JKā€™s word?

16 Likes

Can you claim you missed something if you never looked?

12 Likes

I can totally imagine being on the fence about that one.

On the one hand, I would think it would be very satisfying to take immediate legal action.

On the other hand, it might be such a relief to finally, finally, finally have these people in the rearview mirror legally, without dragging it out for so much as one more single second.

12 Likes

I would never trust IMs word as gospel on anything.

I suspect gross exaggerations are the norm - at the very least.

Imagine being with friends, hanging out, having a few drinks, maybe a cigar at the golf club, just shooting the breeze making small meaningless comments about a few folks in the area. Now imagine years later having to rehash before a court and in public, someoneā€™s gross exaggeration of innocuous comments made years ago at that event, just in furtherance of someoneā€™s stanky grift.

12 Likes

Lies left standing are lies that overtake the truth ($100 - April)

14 Likes

Very often, yes.

2 Likes

I agree. I can understand if ST wants to stay far away from them in order to avoid the associated stink.

Also, heā€™s probably quite confident that no one will believe the claims mentioned in these posts. The Ks have no credibility.

With that saidā€¦ I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he chooses to send them a strongly worded ā€˜cease and desist with your BS comments about me on COTHā€™ letter. I would if I were him.

17 Likes

Without any specific knowledge of what happened in this case, but many years of observation of working students in the horse business in general, I can safely say that the possibilities are endless. Lol.

9 Likes

Yes, the working student who did actually testify at the trial looked like she had plenty more to say on the subject of both RG and his dog.

But Judge Taylor stopped her in her tracks.

27 Likes

I wonder how that could ever be proven, though? Which person was on the keyboard at that particular moment?

2 Likes

There is a way.

3 Likes

Two ways.

4 Likes

Where is the evidence that proves intent, though?

Where is the evidence that proves he ever actually touched that gun that day? No fingerprint evidence, no gunshot residue evidence. No one who saw him with a gun in his hand that day, other than the two people who both displayed their lack of credibility on the witness stand.

It will be interesting to see if the ineptitude of the police department that day ends up costing the insurance company money, on top of everything else.

18 Likes

How so?

What is Track 1 with regard to how cases are assigned?

Let me clarify something, which I guess was not as clear as I would have liked it in my post that has been quoted here.

I was simply saying - So what if Mr. Tarshis did say this stuffā€¦ I am not saying Mr. Tarshis DID say it, I am saying that Jonathan Kanarek trying to make him bad for saying it is just stupid because even if he did say it, it is not a huge deal.

16 Likes

The case that the prosecutor was trying to make was that MB shot LK. No one was charged with conspiracy. Establishing premeditation is not required for a charge of attempted murder. The prosecutor succeeded in making his case that MB shot LK.

Bilinkas had the burden to prove MB was insane when he shot LK, and succeeded.

An OJ type verdict would have been straight NG on all counts, which didnā€™t happen here.

1 Like