New filing on ecourts re MB

This is an incredibly dumb assertion. SS would only have an “issue” with that relationship IF MHG filed a complaint. She has not. LK did. Coming from LK, any such complaint would be hearsay and not generate an investigation. This is a moot and specious hill to die on, CH.

27 Likes

Yes, I am. I’m pretty behind on this thread and insurance isn’t exactly my area of expertise, but it appears from a brief skim that MB’s insurance company denied him coverage based on the nature of what he was charged with. Now that he’s been acquitted and the civil case has been dismissed, he thinks his insurance should pay his fees because he was acquitted, therefore no crime was committed, and the company’s decision not to provide a defense/pay his fees was in error.

Many insurance companies will not cover someone if a crime has been committed, so the denial of coverage based on the charges seems normal. It looks to me like his argument is now that he’s been acquitted, he’s asking to be reimbursed by the insurance company for what the insurance company should have covered to begin with because he did not commit a crime.

I’m not fully surprised that MB’s insurance company defended RC, depending on the nature of their business relationship and the nature of her charges, it’s possible they were required to defend her.

22 Likes

They needed to keep attention away from his trigger finger injury because it was a TRIGGER FINGER INJURY.

39 Likes

I predictict Michael’s issues with SS will be eliminated quite quickly and quietly.

21 Likes

Here’s some very basic reading on bad faith lawsuits. Barisone’s complaint is technically a 1st party claim.

The damages portion is interesting.

2 Likes

I’m actually quite interested in MB’s case with his insurance though, don’t get me wrong.

8 Likes

If you take the argument out to it’s fullest conclusion, I think they are attempting to make a veiled stab at MB/LO’s relationship.

5 Likes

Michael’s attorneys have been very savvy so far.

12 Likes

I am shocked - SHOCKED, I tell you - to learn that RG had a trigger finger injury. :roll_eyes:

(Apologies to Captain Renault. :smile:)

18 Likes

I wonder how long it will take before the insurance companies respond? A few weeks? Less?

It does seem like MBs claim about a failure to investigate, and bad faith - both seem to be the central issues. I’d imagine the NGRI verdict, and the dismissal of the lawsuit are also helpful to MB’s case.

7 Likes

Oh, that’s right. I had forgotten about that.

A bit of a pattern, perhaps, based on recent posts.

9 Likes

If MB does get a substantial settlement from his own insurance companies that also involves damages?

The irony of it all will be remarkable.

4 Likes

Anyone else recall it being said that RG had to have surgery on that hand?

12 Likes

Yes, still trying to Finish the Bastard, I believe.

Of course it won’t of been a problem if she just left, but could have would have and all that. I mean the whole murder plot, come on. My tack trunk would of been packed and rolled to the bottom of drive waiting for pick up, not hanging around plotting and laughing how to make someone homeless, sabotage generators,. recording conversations, ninja veils and what not.

It’s such a a sad reflection on them.

I am just a horse of course and some humans are just silly beings.

14 Likes

Apparently the Ks claimed that. But we haven’t found anything about it in trial testimony yet.

MAYBE discovery in the new lawsuit could seek information about this.

3 Likes

They apparently were required to defend MB. According to this lawsuit.

Any claims that he didn’t deserve to receive the terms of his policies were made moot by the outcomes of several legal proceedings.

6 Likes

That’s what he’s arguing, what the basis of his claim is. They will respond that the weren’t, based on any number of things.

If MB didn’t think they were required to defend him, he wouldn’t have filed this suit.

6 Likes

You would if it was totally the result of an honest accident.

If you were trying to hide details of a trigger finger injury? I bet your memory would get hazy fast.

6 Likes

27 Likes

Awe. Poor Lauren. Nobody believes her.

4 Likes