New filing on ecourts re MB

Maybe it will be literally a dime. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

As much as I am going to miss Silverā€™s extraordinary mind and brilliant writing, I am glad that this ordeal is over for the Lundbergs. I canā€™t imagine what an absolute PIA this has been for them at their stage of life. They must be so relieved to finally get this over with.

29 Likes

If they worded the settlement right maybe THEN itā€™s over. The Ks need to be barred from mentioning them again.

8 Likes

I feel that either JK told GAS to put a stop to the spending, and/or, GAS took his own advice (as per his ā€œhintsā€ list on his website) to take a settlement: The case will not fly in front of a jury.

5 Likes

This is really a question for anyone, but will the money for the presumed settlement come out of the defendantsā€™ pockets?

3 Likes

Youā€™re generous.

I hope that all parties walk away with the outcome they deserve.

19 Likes

Probably insurance will pay but my concern was it reaching plaintiffs pockets. Iā€™m fine with it going from homeowners insurance to medical insurance but I never want to see a FINISH THE BASTARD plot enriching those who in my mind, conspired.

36 Likes

^^ Bingo

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was thinking. Wasnā€™t that covered in the Insurance Lecture Series/Bludgeonings a few months ago? HH was obsessed with the SGRā€™s & MBā€™s insurance coverages.

4 Likes

I was just going to say that a lot of insurance companies prefer to settle. I was involved in litigation a couple of times when I had to terminate employees in my previous lifeā€¦one of them was a lot like LK and I actually asked the company to settle because I was going to have a nervous breakdown if I had to keep dealing with her. 15 years later she messaged me through facebook and was just as nasty so I blocked her and reported it to the company I used to work for just in case she kept it up.

14 Likes

Yes. I posted awhile back with nuisance claims usually settling. Itā€™s worth paying the lesser amount instead of piling up tons of billable hours of work even with companies who staff litigation attorneys.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s what was going on hereā€¦I dotted the iā€™s and crossed the tā€™s with all her warnings but she just would not give up. Her previous supervisor had dragged his feet on her blatantly not following policy and creating a lot of drama with her associates. So that gave her a small edge

1 Like

I thought Silver was working for SGF, not the insurance company. This might just be general confusion on my part.

2 Likes

The latest flurry of filings and hearings was pretty expensive. I wonder how much financial drain and dragging out played into considerations. Itā€™s unfortunate that the system allows such abuses, but it does, and it makes the playing field very adverse to those without a lot of ability to pay a mortgage worth of $ (or more) to an attorney.

In essence, itā€™s not justice.

22 Likes

Justice has always been about who can afford the best defense and delays. Always.

16 Likes

Iā€™m betting he was retained by the insurance company.

6 Likes

Iā€™m going to continue to hope that if not in a court of law, that justice will come via karma.

Never sell karma short.

22 Likes

Can someone explain what the settlement means? Is it better news for LK or the others involved?

I think itā€™s hard to tell unless the details of the settlement come out.

From a reliable source, that is.

4 Likes

That is why Iā€™m curious because Iā€™d hate for someone to pay LK just to go away because itā€™s going to encourage continued behavior but I also understand the desire to make her go away.

19 Likes