New filing on ecourts re MB

If we had 100,000 $10 donations over the course of the next few years we could significantly pay down the attorney fees, however we would need more contributors because the EIM will likely be on fixed incomes with their pensions by then.

9 Likes

You guys have pensions? I want to get in on this. Iā€™m retired with no pension.

Rebecca

6 Likes

Yes, but much better than if the fees stayed out of her pocket, if that guy had only been awarded $5 instead, but did not have to cover her seven yearsā€™ worth of legal fees.

1 Like

I worry and want to know how you do it.

3 Likes

And just imagine all the fun, thinking up clever donor names! :laughing:

5 Likes

Well personally, my husband says I married him for two things. #2 was paycheck. #1, well you can guess what that is!

I say I am getting shorted on both!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Before anyone gets upset, I am joking!!! Well, not about getting shorted!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

21 Likes

#1 is his car! Yes, thatā€™s my guess. :rofl:

12 Likes

I made good money and stashed every penny I could into 401(k) accounts. I had one employer who would match up to 10%, and I was there for seven years, so that helped a lot with retirement savings. I also contributed as much as I could to IRAs.

I retired early at age 59. I started taking Social Security at age 62, because I probably wonā€™t live long enough to make it worthwhile to have waited. Plus we have DHā€™s Social Security, which isnā€™t a lot because he stayed home with our daughter, but it helps.

I joke about not having a pension, but Iā€™m doing fine. DH and I spent a lot of years living very frugally, and it paid off. Now we have good financial freedom.

Rebecca

27 Likes

Everyone could work their way around all the bingo cards for a start. Lol.

6 Likes

Eh, he drove a mini van when we met. I, on the other hand, had a brand new VW Jetta and an F-350 with the cherished 7.3 liter PowerStroke!

Heā€™s currently driving a RAM 1500, and I am driving a RAM 3500. I think that still makes me the better catch, if I do say so myself! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

19 Likes

Ram 1500 looks pretty but itā€™s like a tricycle LOL

5 Likes

I just canā€™t see any ā€œfunā€ in any part of this disaster. Iā€™m sure you donā€™t mean that as it sounds.
I think that reality television has warped some peopleā€™s ability to distinguish real life from entertainment.

Many peopleā€™s lives have been affected in an horrific and nightmarish fashion by the Kā€™s who, while claiming to be victimized, at the same time have no compunction about writing online, words that make obvious their unabashed greed.

LKā€™s crowing about having ā€œsolid goldā€ evidence and JKā€™s (?) mention of a ā€œcool 250Kā€ make their mindsets quite clear.

Word to the wise for the Kā€™s. Your naked greed will do you no good in your attempt at social climbing at the WEF, or anywhere else in any equestrian community.

There are some sleazy people in the horse business, and at this point in time someone might take your money (however limited it is, because you had to drive a hard bargain for MB to take LK didnā€™t you?) but since, at this point in time every good trainer knows what you will bring to the table, you will not find a trainer that will be helpful in your social climbing aspirations.

I hope that if you are following along here JK, that you will do right and rein in this whole debacle (if you have any influence with your daughter whatsoever.) Nothing good is coming to your family from this.

LK can enjoy her horses, without all of this drama and difficulty. Horses are healing. Your daughter is lucky to have horses and instruction. I hope your family can realize this, be grateful what you have, and move on with your lives.

It will be interesting to see how this civil suit unfolds. It is such a terrible situation. I can only hope that MB is released soon and that everyone can get back to their lives. The Krol situation, in MHO, needs to be solved ASAP.

28 Likes

Oh my word - I wish I had a 10% match at anytime. That makes a serious difference. Good on you for taking advantage of it! May you & DH have more years, in better health, than expected!

ETA - $95

4 Likes

CivilCaseJacket (1).pdf (143.4 KB)

I wonder if this is available to watch online. It says the judge is Sceusi but that could be an error.

5 Likes

I was just coming here to post this odd news.

I HIGHLY doubt it will be available to watch. Those case management conferences are not public.

7 Likes

Darn! Oh well.

2 Likes

Wellā€¦I wonder if history repeatsā€¦.

2 Likes

Do the attorneys whose clients have settled have to show up?

1 Like

They all got noticed. Itā€™s in front of Judge Sceusi. And, this one is in person. That doesnā€™t seem optional to me.

5 Likes

What do you think its about?

2 Likes