New filing on ecourts re MB

We don’t know if there would be a gag order or what provisions it might have.

3 Likes

To my understanding, this was how Tom Girardi was able to scam so many clients out of their money. He’d win a big case, the clients (who are usually victims or remaining family of major tragedy) would be awarded money, but Tom would either take more that he said, or would con the poor victims into letting him put the money in a ‘trust’ that Tom controlled which he would later drain.

Sorry for the RHBH side track - back to our regularly scheduled programing.

6 Likes

Unfortunately for them, though it has been explained repeatedly, they have a very odd, skewed perspective on the costs of this sport.

The idea that $5k a month for board & training for her horses, plus her housing was “fair” or anything but a bargain basement price… made their disillusionment quite clear.

23 Likes

Don’t forget Alex Murdaugh!

6 Likes

Will we hear what happened on Friday?

2 Likes

We do not typically hear what happens at them, so not likely to hear what happened at this one either.

3 Likes

We may not know what agreement was reached, but I think we can be very confident that whatever was settled with SGF, it didn’t result in money paid out to LK or one of them would have crowed about it. Not a peep, in fact. I would be willing to bet the settlement is in SGFs favor.

8 Likes

You think that meeting on Friday was to discuss the settlement with SGF?

2 Likes

Given the family’s history of and propensity for all forms of defamation, as we’ve all witnessed here firsthand, I have to believe any settlement would include ironclad language barring all of them from carrying on with their inflammatory behavior towards MB.

13 Likes

If so, I hope it would include a hefty specific dollar figure as a penalty for every time they do it anyway, as they inevitably will.

7 Likes

If Friday’s conference was to sort out the terms of the deposition, i.e. the motion to limit the topics, would we see a court decision in writing?

3 Likes

I could be completely wrong, but we might only if a motion gets filed about it.

1 Like

I would be willing to bet that the settlement resulted in money paid to LK. It was described as a confidential settlement, so it’s not surprising the details have not been disclosed.

1 Like

Um, does this mean LK and MB have dismissed their respective civil suits?
https://portal.njcourts.gov/webcivilcj/CIVILCaseJacketWeb/pages/civilCaseSummary.faces?cid=1

6 Likes

Yes.

5 Likes

If so, wow.

I don’t see a signature from MB’s lawyer, though.

4 Likes

I would think nothing has been agreed upon by Michael Barisone as it is not sign by his attorney.

5 Likes

Could somebody please refresh my memory as to the difference between with prejudice and without prejudice?

2 Likes

With prejudice means it can’t be brought back up again in the courts.

8 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like