New filing on ecourts re MB

It would seem there was no settlement, just a mutual agreement to dismiss the suits with no monetary payments on either side?

I’m guessing LK’s attorney finally told her in terms she could actually understand that she would lose.

29 Likes

Finally…a bombshell.

In all seriousness, I hope MB can move on with his life and put this in the rear view mirror. What a horrific life experience.

25 Likes

I hope it also includes a stipulation that LK is not allowed to EVER mention or allude to michael on social media. EVER

27 Likes

Sorry, did not see that!

Guess it sucks to be LK, who thought she was going to get millions!

Shall we take bets on what she actually settled for?

13 Likes

So maybe @ekat or one of the other attorneys will know… but if there actually really is a monetary settlement on the party of RC (per IM’s claim)… will and of that money go to reimburse costs incurred by LKs health insurance company in relation to the shooting?

For some reason, I thought I recollected someone speaking about that possibility earlier in a prior thread. I might be misremembering though.

1 Like

I am VERY happy for Michael that this chapter is finally over. Now let’s hope the judge lets him get back to his life. Will lift a glass to him this evening.

21 Likes

It does say that the matters have been adjusted between the parties, so does that mean there could be agreements about her not mentioning him, and a restraining order and things like that?

2 Likes

It does say without costs to either party…

14 Likes

I will do just alittle happy buck fart today

I am just a horse of course.

30 Likes

This is not a settlement. This them dismissing with prejudice. This document looks very different than the settlement document.

11 Likes

That usually means that each party pays its own attorneys’ fees and out of pocket costs, including filing fees to the court.

11 Likes

There will be a separate settlement agreement between the parties that is not filed with the court. This stipulation of dismissal is what terminates the court proceedings themselves.

8 Likes

Would a restraining order be filed in some court?

2 Likes

The ONLY winners in this whole sad affair are the lawyers. Which is often the case.

15 Likes

The other settlements were filed with the courts (that they exist). Why would this one be any different?

I very much think you are incorrect here.

5 Likes

My experience with settlements is in a bankruptcy court and all the cases that closed were done so with the filing of settlement paperwork like what we saw with RC and SGF.

This was not a settlement.

7 Likes

So this was just and end to the cases?

4 Likes

According to the paperwork filed, I would guess so.

2 Likes

If by cases you mean the civil cases, then yes.

There are still lots of things going on in the world of Michael. He has another Krol hearing coming up. There is the appeal of the original Krol hearing.
There is SafeSport.

7 Likes

I can answer this from my experience working in a mental hospital. Patient can go most anywhere. As long as there isn’t a target group. For example you wouldn’t take a child sex offender to a swimming pool where there were kids. Or a recovering drug addict where they could easily be triggered. Other than that pretty much anything is ok. I’ve taken many trips shopping, walks, eating out, etc. but going with family is a huge no. Too easy to elope. We don’t even let them know exactly where we are going because family has been known to show up and try to take them.

6 Likes