New filing on ecourts re MB

Wow, that’s interesting. Thanks.

I can see the logic of avoiding family members for that reason, but that still kind of stinks for families who just want to spend time with the person, not pull a fast one.

5 Likes

If you read the steps for this facility that they claim to follow, they do allow family visits outside the facility. @3PonyFarm, aren’t you who originally posted the family paperwork packet that included what was offered at the various levels?

3 Likes

Should we start a pool about how long it will take for the Ks or their minions to come on here and try to spin this as a win for them?

14 Likes

How about we just leave them out? Does anyone really want their input?

26 Likes

No, definitely not. But that’s never stopped them before.

6 Likes

Because when the notice was filed that SGF had settled, other parties remained in the suit and there were cross claims and counterclaims still outstanding between various parties. They could not file a stipulation of dismissal of the parties that settled as the settling parties were still parties to the lawsuit because of the cross claims.

I am not a litigator, but I am a (now retired) lawyer, and served as general counsel to many of my corporate clients. When a settlement to a lawsuit was reached, at least in our jurisdictions, a stipulation of dismissal was filed with the court. I take the “adjudicated by and between the parties” to mean that some sort of settlement agreement was reached. Like I said before, it may or may not involve that payment of money, but there would not be a stipulation of dismissal unless some type of agreement was reached.

21 Likes

Thank you! I hope this gets approved for him at the next hearing.

@trubandloki, I’m not sure if that was me or someone else. I’ve lost track of what all I’ve posted!

2 Likes

All sides have agreed to settle out of court and drop the claims and counterclaims in the suit.

This is hardly a surprise, or “bombshell”, as the vast majority of civil suits are settled without going to trial.

We don’t know what amount was awarded to LK by SGF and MB in settlement. It could be millions.

3 Likes

I am very happy for MB that the civil case is over. I am also happy that Judge T won’t be able to use the civil suit any longer as a reason for MB to stay confined. I’m sure he will find other reasons but I hope not.

I hope the next Krol hearing is a move in the right direction for MB.

16 Likes

48 Likes

I’ll still donate to the GFM. I just couldn’t let that go.

37 Likes

I don’t see anything that says the terms can’t be discussed. If that’s correct and LK was awarded any money I am confident she will crow about it.

8 Likes

I could also be the next president of the USA. So there’s that.

19 Likes

See what you did?

2 Likes

SO I have to ask: This document refers to LK as plaintiff. What about Michael’s countersuit where she is the defendant? It doesn’t seem clear to me that the first covers the second. Wouldn’t there be a second doc if that was part of the settlement?
Edited to add after re-reading slowly: Does the last sentence re counter claims cover his suit against her?

3 Likes

It says all claims and counterclaims.

8 Likes

Can someone please post a link? I can’t read that tiny print when you do a screen shot of the document and I can only see one page.

Also, does this dismissal have any bearing on the settlement with RC or was that an entirely separate action? I think it’s awful if LK’s claim was dismissed and she still got money out of RC. That doesn’t seem fair at all.

4 Likes

It’s only one page.

2 Likes

Or SGF. Just think, if they’d held out for a few more days….

9 Likes

The settlement agreement itself could say the terms are confidential. The settlement agreement was not filed with the court, just the agreement dismissing the court cases.

1 Like