New filing on ecourts re MB

Oof.

3 Likes

You have to go to this page, click through to Civil, enter party name as Michael Barisone. Then click on the LK vs MB case and scroll all the way to the bottom - last document.

https://portal.njcourts.gov/webcivilcj/CIVILCaseJacketWeb/pages/publicAccessDisclaimer.faces

3 Likes

It refers to RC in the heading LK vs. Mb, rc, etc. Then says all parties in the text. I believe there can be settlements between the parties. This just says the case is closed.

1 Like

CivilCaseJacket (35).pdf (28.7 KB)

Here’s the pdf itself.

7 Likes

Oh, come on. That was inevitable.

I’m just sorry it happened before we had a chance to get a pool organized with donations to the GFM.

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Do you know the terms of the settlements between LK and SGF/MB, VHM?

I know you’ll push a narrative that LK settled for a token amount because she was terrified of being deposed/ going to trial etc, but there’s no evidence to support that particular flight of wishful thinking.

I’ve expected all along that the case would be settled, just because that’s the outcome most of the time.

This is a win for both sides to be able to avoid the expense and the risk of a trial.

3 Likes

The suit was dismissed because all parties have now settled out of court. SGF settling last week was a major move that set the overall settlement in motion.

2 Likes

This is not a bad outcome really. Settling also wasn’t unexpected, to me, anyway, and statistically wasn’t exactly against the odds either.

Now MB can focus on whatever his plan(s) may be, and LK can focus on hers. She’ll always have the love and support of CH :heart:

38 Likes

I put in a little extra, so I am replying to you again.

Of course I don’t know the terms of the settlement.

I do know that Lollypop didn’t sit for her deposition though. I don’t know if she was “terrified.” But she CERTAINLY had a lot of stuff she probably didn’t want to speak about under oath.

I’ll eat my hat if you can provide any concrete proof LK was awarded millions in damages. That’s wishful thinking on your part.

It’s onto the Krol hearing and following up with SafeSport for MB. He’s got a ways to go, but it looks like he may just get his life back. As for LK? Everyone has seen her for who she is. Where does she go from here?

44 Likes

On to her next target? They should be afraid.

22 Likes

This is not my personal experience. My understanding is that the courts have to sign off on the terms of a settlement (I am currently going through this process as well). If there is no filing of a settlement agreement, then there was none above and beyond that both parties agreed to drop all the claims.

11 Likes

At least every professional and barn owner in the entire North American Dressage community now knows that she’s one hell of a toxic client.

I can’t think of any story that is quite as wild as this one. Seriously. I’d be really curious if anyone else can come up with an example of a worse boarder/client situation.

27 Likes

Why would the court have to sign off on what was mutually agreed by the parties?

Please read the posts by I_dratherbe, which indicate that there will be a separate settlement agreement between the parties. Part of the settlement agreement will be that all parties dismiss their court claims. We don’t know what the other aspects of the settlement are in terms of monetary payments, agreeing not to contact or discuss, whatever.

1 Like

I bet @Moderator_1 is all like

:partying_face:

54 Likes

They were probably at the negotiations! :laughing:

5 Likes

I’ve been posting my opinions on the case. I don’t come to it with hatred for LK, so I guess I can see that to you my opinions would look like “love and support”. But that’s only by virtue of the contrast with the majority haters.

3 Likes

While it is true that the lawyers are the winners, I would also say that so is Michael. He survived the plot to “FINISH THE BASTARD”.

I predict that he will continue to work on his mental health, and with the help of those who love him, he will continue to learn, grow and thrive.

32 Likes

Amen.

I pray the Krol hearing is positive, and that he is home for Christmas this year.

I also hope this dismissal of the civil suit, combined with his NGRI verdict will help his situation with SafeSport. I’d imagine he has to get through the entire Krol process with NJ first though.

11 Likes

I don’t know what the settlement with SGF was, or the settlement with MB, just as you don’t.

It could have been tor millions.

Of course LK would prefer to settle with the defendants rather than go though depositions, trial prep, and testifying. Of course.

Both parties are better off having settled. The fact of the settlement gives us zero information on what the dollar amounts were.

I hope MB can move on with his life, and settling helps in that regard.

Characteristically, you seem to hope LK cannot move ahead in hers. That’s why I see you being motivated by hate rather than by support tor MB.

2 Likes