New filing on ecourts re MB

We still have the Krol hearing this month!

3 Likes

Iā€™m wondering now if Nagle told LK that her case was unwinnable and she jumped ship for new lawyers who told her the same after they got a better look at things.

23 Likes

So did the RC settlement happen on Nagelā€™s watch? Does that mean he would get a piece of that hypothetical financial settlement?

And then would GAS get a piece of any more recent hypothetical financial settlement?

1 Like

Good question. I forget whose watch RC settle3d on.

I did wonder the same thing.

Youā€™ve also got to wonder just what these attorneys may have seen (that they canā€™t unsee!) Did the footage turn up?

Theyā€™d have known their client had nothing going for her; not the least of which was a completely un-credible history in the criminal trial.

I very much hope that MB has a whole new sense of peace to finally have these people out of his life. I guess that might mean an enforcable no-contact type of thing going forward? I hope so.

7 Likes

They are not out of his life yet. The next Krol hearing is soon. Will any Kanarek letters get sent? Will they try to attend? Obstruct his release?

17 Likes

Sadly, we know that nothing is beyond them.

4 Likes

There are no winners here, especially poor MB who was deliberately driven insane by Lauren Kanarek and her faux Christian family.

The Kanarek name will never be forgotten in the circles in which she wishes to mix, but it doesnā€™t feel like nearly enough justice was served in this case.

I do wonder how quickly RG and Shelly Nelly Belly will be thrown in the bin though - theyā€™re not needed any longer.

I hope MB can find peace and move on with his life, with the support of his partner, friends, family and animals.

32 Likes

Wow, I did not see that coming. Yes, most suits end in settlement, but I did not think this one would nor that it would at this time.

They were clearly all terrified about depositions, complying with those subpoenas, and all that would come out at trial. And I donā€™t blame them. Shame they didnā€™t think of that BEFORE they filed suit. Or, better yet, before they decided that :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:ing with someoneā€™s life and business and all those who depended upon it was a fun, funny thing to do.

Knowing just a fraction of what MB had in his possession as explored here, I will bet she got not a dime from him in settlement. That they turned tail and ran from their own suit would be hilarious if they hadnā€™t hurt so many people and wasted so much time and so many resources, both financial and judicial, in the process. This is an EPIC FAIL for them, not a win-win. They started this suit. They wanted something out of it. But they caved when faced with their own behaviour coming to light and ran away. Thatā€™s a solid loss not a win in any way, shape, or form. It is humiliating end to their grand plan to sue him and get even more out of him.

While I wish MB had gotten his day in court with the civil trial, I think the real punishment is the Ks will still have to wake up tomorrow and be the Ks. Nothing will change that except them themselves and they seem incapable of change, especially if it is for the better.

54 Likes

When Silver et al showed their hand to make their point in the motions about what kinds of things they had on Lauren, the Lexis Nexis report, the family texts laughing at making MB and his family homeless, whatever happened in NC, etc., it was exceedlingly clear that the Kanareks would not be getting one sour penny from MB.

When GAS leaned hard on a motion to restrain Silver and Deininger from ā€œembarrasingā€ Lauren in her depositions, it was her own attorney confessing that she was running scared, and if ever there was a time for Silver et al to come down on her with an offer to walk away with nothing and count herself lucky to do it, that was the moment.

There would be no money paid to the Kanareks in ā€œsettlementā€ with MB and I cannot fathom that there was anything paid to her from SGF in settlement with what Silver had on her. I would not be surprised if Lauren owes SGF for loss and damages for what she did on their property to them as property owners.

I wish MB had gotten his day in court with the civil trial too, but I have feel almost as happy just knowing that the Kā€™s have been made aware of what Silver and Deininger have for evidence on Lauren and how beaten back they must have been in the end, to want to walk, nay, run away.

Hope MB has good recovery now.

38 Likes

So we have no idea if there was any exchange of money in either direction, correct? Is there any evidence that anyone was paid ā€œmillionsā€ to walk away?

2 Likes

I guess people connected with Lollypop on social media could see if she announces a new horse or small farm purchase sometime soon. That would indicate a payoff. Otherwise? I doubt there will be public information released.

4 Likes

There is not a hint of evidence that anyone was paid millions to walk away. Just the movie in the head of someone who likes to pretend.

I still stand by what I said earlier. In my opinion, between Michael and LK, there is nothing being paid. Lauren realized she was going to embarrass herself and her family and wanted it to end. She begged to walk away.

25 Likes

I think in this case/situation both parties ā€œdone f-ed upā€ so really, a settlement isnā€™t a shock. Thereā€™s fault on both sides. Mistakes were made all around. So it was risky for both sides to go to trial. Nevermind the financial component(s) and just wanting to move on (if that was a driving force for anyone involved).

10 Likes

Iā€™m glad everyone decided (finally!) to drop their claims. It had become abundantly clear to those of us who were looking at the filings that the Kā€™s were very, very worried about what was going to be revealed if they proceeded. I can even conjecture that ā€œembarrassmentā€ was the least of their worries and they were more concerned about possible criminal action against one or more of them.

And I agree with whomever said upthread that whatever Silver provided to GAS in the last few weeks was what triggered the capitulation on the part of the Kā€™s. I have no doubt that when GAS saw that bit of evidence, he told his client - ā€œThatā€™s it. You are toast.ā€

Now MB can focus all his attention and energies on preparing for his upcoming Krol hearing and on trying to regain his ā€œgood standingā€ status with USEF.

17 Likes

I wonder if the involvement of both K parents was possibly going to become apparent, and was leveraged to this end?
Maybe they told LK they wouldnā€™t pay for what could be their own undoingā€¦?
Lots of possible reasons for this turning tailā€¦

6 Likes

I wonder if the case against the PD could be picked back up?
Not sure it should, from the pov of MBs future, but certainly their lack of diligence helped create this mess.

It would be *nice if this case made them, and the mental health facilities involved do better.

• I know, I knowā€¦
5 Likes

I know. Wouldnā€™t it be nice

2 Likes

Have there been any SafeSport suspensions or bans that didnā€™t involve minors?

2 Likes

And - FWIW - the case is still showing as Open on the court site. I am guessing that is because the dismissal stipulation was filed so late yesterday and the court hasnā€™t yet had a chance to close things out on their end. I assume Weaver has to sign a dismissal order - correct?

3 Likes