New filing on ecourts re MB

The topic of the thread is the civil suit, which was just settled. I have been discussing with a few people whether that means LK got zero monetary compensation from MB or whether she may have received $$$$.

That’s obviously pertinent to the thread.

Sdel’s claim that the dismissal tells us that LK received no money from MB is just wrong, as actual lawyers have already indicated.

2 Likes

Yes, duh, the settlement agreement involved all parties agreeing to dismiss their claims.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be up to the DA/ Schellehorne??

2 Likes

Thanks for that info
So, if she wanted to withdraw her claim/suit, but he disagreed, it would still be going forward?
While he could withdraw his counterclaim without her agreement to that?

6 Likes

23 Likes

I’m not thinking he is likely to lift a finger. So what if the Ks broke the law repeatedly? :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

I have the same questions, how far would be too far, such that their alleged egregious acts would see some correction

3 Likes

The primary winner in this latest development has to be poor old Mom Kanarek. The naive little lady doesn’t have to sweat turning over the transcripts she so lovingly typed up for dearest darling. It was apparent for most that she was shielded from the truth of her husband and daughter for a long, long time, and probably still can’t grasp the magnitude of their actual behavior yet.

16 Likes

Nice update on the GFM today.

35 Likes

Pretty interesting, isn’t it?

21 Likes

Ummm…and I am delighted to spend my money on this one…you are completely, 100% wrong. Check out the update on the GoFundMe.

42 Likes

Yes, and yes.

And…the new GFM update pretty much confirms that is what happened.

30 Likes

52 Likes

@ekat it sounds like the deposition scared her enough she tried to DROP the suit, but needed MB’s cooperation to do so. Am I understanding that correctly?

44 Likes

Well, well, well. What a fabulously interesting update! You go girl!

39 Likes

Yes, you are! That is exactly what I thought.

And, the GFM update pretty much confirms that.

42 Likes

Thank you @MorganSercu for posting this!

Hey @CurrentlyHorseless, did you read this? You were wrong. We were right.

I have quoted the lovely screen shot of the GFM update below so it is easy for your to read so you can see that this all happened because Lauaren Kanarek wanted to back out and no monies were given to her.

37 Likes

Anything to get out of that deposition. Maybe some day the rest of the story will come out and we will know what scared her so badly.

48 Likes

I am pleased to see that we’ve kicked in a total of $650 over the last couple of weeks in penalties…maybe we should keep it up? :smiley: :grin:

31 Likes

Knowing that the K’s got zero dollars is the best possible news! They lose in more ways than one.

52 Likes