New filing on ecourts re MB

I think the paying for the legal stuff is a case of word play, like most things Kanarek.

Does Lauren, herself, with her own money, pay for anything? So they can say that Lauren did not pay a dime for any lawyer, because the money for the lawyer was paid by someone else. Be it her sponsor, be it the monies they mortgaged from the house… some place other than Lauren paying for it.

24 Likes

No personal injury attorneys do not usually take money up front. I haven’t paid a dime to the personal injury attorney for my dad’s case either. That’s why they are picky about taking cases lest they do all that work for nothing.

However, once you win they take a third.

Attorneys for 9/11 victims often took less. Like 10 or 20%. That’s the only case I know of that they took less as a matter of business.

9 Likes

But don’t people have to pay for certain expenses along the way? Filing fees and research hours?

2 Likes

LK and MB settled rather than pursue their claims against each other. The terms of the settlement was there they each agreed to dismiss their suit against the other.

A settlement can be any agreement between parties that is reached to induce them to mutually dismiss their claims. A settlement can involve a monetary payment, but doesn’t need to.

3 Likes

No. I have paid only the probate attorneys my personal injury attorneys referred me to. Given the anticipated possible award amount it necessitated adjusting the estate. That state has different filings based on the $$$ value of the estate. As the real estate was deeded to pass to me it wasn’t part of the estate per se. So I had to pay thousands to accommodate a possible award that way. But to the personal injury attorney I’ve paid not a dime.

6 Likes

Yeah, and the fact that an unrelated third party brought the weapon throws even more flies into it, IMHO.

2 Likes

LOL! That’s quite a reach, even for you😂

28 Likes

So now instead of someone special arguing the meaning of NGRI ad nauseum, we’re having to have her ridiculous interpretation of dismissal shoved down our throats repeatedly. No one cares! The civil suits are over. Let it go!

35 Likes

Legal terms and layman terms do not always have the same definition.

Settled and dismissed mean something different in legal terms.

The case was not settled. The case was dismissed by the plaintiff, LK, because MB agreed to not go forward with his counterclaim. THEREFORE; LK dismissed, took a Voluntary Dismissal for the case she brought forward. And MB has or will Dismiss/take/took a Voluntary Dismissal for his counter claim.

le sigh

45 Likes

One could say that the settlement IS the mutual dismissing of the complaints I suppose. But there would be no super secret OTHER settlement. If there were this document would state that the parties have a confidential settlement. It does not.

18 Likes

She can’t let it go. She just can’t. She will go on and on, spewing nonsense, trying to convince people she is a “winner.”

I’m not connected to her on social media, but if I was, I would expect to see a bunch of stupid photos of her posing with her horses while wearing full makeup, fancy outfits, and very expensive fancy heels, because she is allegedly about to go out to a swanky dinner with RG to celebrate. Cause he’s a real prize of a dinner date. It’s the pretend lifestyles of the pretend rich and famous. I’m sure there will be other posts at some point trying to demonstrate to the world that she really IS rich. Yada yada yada.

So stupid. And tacky.

21 Likes

On SM you can be whomever or whatever you want to be. I mean, I could convince people that I’m all sorts of things, when in reality, I’m a carrot.

27 Likes

But you’re not just a carrot.

You are a CANTERING CARROT.

Ba dum bum bum.

12 Likes

But what if…what if…I only said I’m a cantering carrot because it sounds cool when I’m really a…trotting carrot!

Dun dun dun.

18 Likes

Did it ever occur to some folks that MB and MHG must have stood right outside LK’s locker to “pretend” to discuss a murder plot so that it would be recorded and scare her away?

Because we know that her locker was the only recording device location :thinking:.

9 Likes

My own mediation is in less than 2 weeks. I hope to settle too and it will be for chump change. I’d rather have my dad back but that’s not possible.

Why would it be chump change? Because no amount of money is better than having my dad and in that state awards are given out based on how much the deceased would be getting/earning if they were still alive. So for a 91 year old, that’s not much. Pensions and such. There is more given their negligence that caused his death but it won’t be much.

Given LK was jobless and seemingly unemployable I have a hunch that may have played a role in the award situation for her. Again, just based on my own experience with this crap.

As for liability I’d guess a bringer of the gun would have more liability than SGF who really couldn’t mitigate the situation and wasn’t responsible for it in any way, shape or form. So I assume that should be the greater payout. But given Lauren’s immense role in this sad saga that offset would be HUGE.

IMO the plaintiff approaching asking to make it all go away wreaks of one thing and one thing only: Lauren Shay Kanarek was afraid to be deposed or further investigated and probably IMO the family was too.

Why? Because a judgment (a settlement can include a judgment too btw) is good for 10 years and renewable for another ten years in most states.

So it doesn’t matter one bit what assets MB has now. If one had a judgment they could enforce it any any time. So if he got out, and ended up branding Barisone riding shirts 9 years from now, the judgment could attach to the bank account where the riding shirt monies are kept.

MB is only in his 50s so there will be a lot of time and opportunities for him to earn $$$$.

So that whole gobblygook about MB being judgment proof is just b.s. LK is judgment proof because she is what she is. But MB has been and will be an earner once again.

And this is why they hate me - because I know this stuff.

32 Likes

This exchange reminds me of this little farm stand that used to exist in Waldo, Fl many moons ago, where you could buy these horrifying looking “mutant” carrots… they had too many roots and were misshapen, so the farmer sold them for cheap at the roadside stand sometimes. We stopped there routinely after shows with our horse trailer for a few years, and bought strange “mutant” carrots in bulk for our ponies. Because they were such a good deal. And funny looking.

I bet one of those weird mutant carrots with three scraggly roots could canter.

8 Likes

I love mutant carrots :joy: quite entertaining.

7 Likes

Maybe you’re a parsnip!

9 Likes

Better than a kumquat. Because what a word!

8 Likes