Unlimited access >

New Forum Fun, Questions and Glitch Reports

Nope, not right now. It was an option at launch but wasn’t working very well with some of our elements, so was removed. It might be a theme option in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Simkie Thank you! Hopefully soon. My eyes hurt so much less using dark mode. I do have the rest of my computer settings on dark mode, so it doesn’t affect this site at all.

1 Like

It was really nice aside from quotes not showing up at all the type was the same color as the background so you had to highlight the quote to see it etc. Hopefully they fix it and bring it back because after all day of looking at a computer, I have everything I can set to dark modes.

Not sure if this has already been asked (any way to easily search threads??), but is there any way to add pagination? Reading long threads is downright painful now. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

That has been the main complaint from everyone from the start.
The standard answer is, this platform is built around no pages.
It is it’s distinctive feature and is just the way that is.
It is a big difference with other forums have been and are.
Hard to get used to new things, is it.

So, we make do and learn here a different way to manage.
Many of us are just doing that, while enjoying the other new interesting choices we didn’t have before.

4 Likes

See the little magnifying glass that’s to the left of your avatar and the three line hamburger menu, in the upper right? That’s search. Click it when you’re in a thread, enter your search term, click the “search this thread” toggle box. Search here works much better than the previous board.

Have you seen the FAQ? There are numerous tips for navigation there. Here’s the link:

“How do I navigate within a thread” should be helpful.

4 Likes

I thought I’d seen this issue before, but know I saw it for sure today:

A new notification of someone quoting me. But, while the notification was for a new reply on a Watched thread, the last time I was quoted was back in October, before the move.

It’s not a huge deal, the number of times that’s likely to happen can’t be that big, and at least it is (also) a notification of a new reply. It just shows up as a new quote.

Was this on farrier thread? If so, I think that’s because the person who quoted you recently edited the post in which you were quoted (along with posting an update to the thread), so I think you were probably notified when the edit was submitted.

I had the same thing happen, I think.

Yes, Farrier A or B… And that would make sense, and if that’s the case, then that’s kinda cool! I don’t think we ever got any inkling of edits to threads before. I’ll peek on that, and pay attention to it the next time this happens. This isn’t the first time, but I never really paid attention before.

1 Like

I must say, if I decide to cancel my reply to a thread (usually due to the realization that it will take a lengthy post to make myself understood and that I don’t care enough about the subject to take the time) I’m a little taken aback when I am asked “are you sure that you want to abandon your post?”
Abandoning one’s post is something that is just not done by an honorable person. The verbiage gets me every time. :grinning:

5 Likes

yes it is the little things that gives a poster an uncomfortable feeling that contribute to lack of warmness.

Subconsciously the wording makes me think of the Baby Moses Laws or some destroyed building

1 Like

The wording hasn’t affected my subconscious. :thinking: I just laugh at it when it pops up, and agree to “abandon my post”.

3 Likes

Nope… nothing bad :stuck_out_tongue:

I was looking at a forum’s Unread list and noticed that there is a little green dot to the right of the topic title that I hadn’t noticed before (so, new or did I just miss this)?

Indicates the topic is new :smiley:

They’ve been there, but I hadn’t really comprehended their purpose until relatively recently myself! :grin:

1 Like

:rofl:

@Moderator_1
I’m back to getting logged out any time I leave the forum.
iPhone 11, safari

Also, this time when I logged back in my notifications were all messed up…
all of the “unread” posts are ones I’ve read before.
Same with most of the “new”
I also don’t have any unread comments/threads in racing, yet according to my current notifications I do.

Thank you, mods, for your work on the new forum. While things have mostly worked smoothly for me now that it is underway, I have two ongoing issues:

-The “return to top” button is SORELY missed. No, the green slider is not an effective replacement, especially on a mobile device.

-Please, oh please, make it so that when opening the topic dropdown list on a mobile device, it does not automatically activate the keyboard/cursor in the search box. If the keyboard that takes up half my screen pops up one more time when I don’t want it, I might throw my phone at the wall & break it & I can’t afford to do that. :wink:

Thank you.

1 Like

If you click on the thread name at the top it will take you to the first post in the thread. Does that get you where you want to go or are you trying to do something else?

4 Likes

Click the thread title to go to the first post in a thread.

4 Likes