Unlimited access >

New Forum Fun, Questions and Glitch Reports

Yes, I’d wondered if maybe it was moved or something. Thanks

They temporarily disabled the Search feature because it was bogging down the site performance. I expect it will be available again later today or tomorrow. I did also inform them of the issue with Google search results, so that’s on the list to address as well.

1 Like
     ?

just saying .. what might I be looking for ?!

please

I’m a little slow on the uptake, but I also just realized there’s a clickable date at the top of the navigation slider on the right side of the thread that will take you right back to the first post, just like the time at the end takes you to the end.

So, you can click that or the thread title at the top of the page to return you to the start of the thread.

Whatever could you be referring to, @Zu_Zu?

Adding color is a little more awkward here @Zu_Zu. Simkie made up a tutorial for it here.

(FAQ -- Tips for Using the Site)

Oh my heavens… performance is much improved!! :star_struck: :pizza: :wine_glass: :birthday: :cookie: :beer: :clinking_glasses: :tada: (whatever is appropriate).

All I gotta say is for those who have been majorly complaining about perceived problems (I know, our perception is our view of the world) have never lived through using a heavily application daily and gone through a major platform or application release. One can test and test and load test and it just isn’t the same thing as going live.

FWIW, there is load testing software that can be used to simulate user work load… they are often expensive and take a lot of work to use effectively… for this application probably not worth the time and effort it would have been on COTH’s side). So back to the ads and know the devs are working and we’re seeing the results.

I do have one snively whine… the forums that show up in the main forum list (a la the old style presentation which I have configured) are not in the same order they used to be :blush:

3 Likes

I can’t seem to log out today. I tap on my avatar but only my notifications come up, nowhere to tap on log out.

Will I be logged out automatically after a certain amount of time of inactivity? Between crashing and not being able to find the log out…I give up.

Things were a lot better this morning for awhile but now my iPad is constantly crashing again…

no paint palette on the ^ possible selections

Click your avatar, click your username, click logout.

1 Like

Awww Zu! We had pretty good discussion about you and color in the beta site and how sad you’d be! :kissing_closed_eyes: :laughing:

Definitely check out the FAQ on how to do that. Hex numbers work, and you can actually type in color names like cyan and fuschia

I did that by typing (without the spaces) the following:

[ color = cyan ] cyan [ / color ]

1 Like

Derrrr…thank you!

There’s so much new stuff to remember that it’s easy to forget.

1 Like

I read the FAQ part

?

Where is the color palette ^ it’s not on the above tool bar

please

Can you show us what you see and attach a screenshot? What platform are you using to access the board?

But you don’t have to click the color palatte. All that does is insert this text for you to work with:

[color=#]Text[/color]

You can also just type that. If you type in this:

[color=red]Hello this is red text how fun![/color]

You get this:

Hello this is red text how fun!

Am I the only one who was enjoying the zoominess of the forum today who is now dealing with it being less than fast again?

do you see this?

Slightly slower for me, but still pretty zippy

no

last symbol on tool bar is the setting wheel after the calendar icon

12 possible symbols

paint palette is not in there

So you’re using a mobile device? It looks like this?

You’ll be able to add colored text by typing it out, like I described above :slight_smile:

I recognize we are so very lucky to have this forum and all the wonderful people willing to post, but the current format is terrible. Like super bad. DMV level stuff here.

It’s like…the horse forum now…All tacky and ads galore and hard to navigate; it looked so much better before. I love the wealth of knowledge here, but hate the changes. If everyone leaves, please let me know where you all go.

Begrudgingly, I can say my house is going to get a lot cleaner…

*Trying to just post this was so frustrating, I just want to say thanks to all of you for some wonderful reads, I sure have enjoyed the years spent on this site. The simplicity has been lost, and myself along with it.

6 Likes

What are you having issues with? Have you checked out the FAQs?

I see ads just as they appeared on the old board, other than the last few weeks when there were none

what was frustrating about posting your reply? Right this minute, things have slowed down again, but I’m sure that’s because developers are in there working on stuff

1 Like