Unlimited access >

Nick Peronace Dressage

And frozen is indeed the correct descriptor.

This is a good example of why I think we need some sort of qualified schooling and certification process in the US for trainers. We need a program that not only trains our instructors/ trainers, but also our riders, barn managers, grooms, etc.

Alas, doesn’t everywhere? :no: Some are just totally over their heads, at best, others I’ve seen actually can get the work, it just involves a lot of abuse to get there, at worst. I think this may be a case of the former, rather than the latter.

[QUOTE=Blume Farm;7338973]
This is a good example of why I think we need some sort of qualified schooling and certification process in the US for trainers. We need a program that not only trains our instructors/ trainers, but also our riders, barn managers, grooms, etc.[/QUOTE]

And a program to train intelligent people to see through charlatans that seem to run rampant in the horse world. But that is another thread altogether!

[QUOTE=NJRider;7339027]
And a program to train intelligent people to see through charlatans that seem to run rampant in the horse world. But that is another thread altogether![/QUOTE]

YES! I am often stumped as to why people are sucked in by charlatans. I would hope that if I was beginning to learn a new sport, a new skill, a new language etc I would do a whole bunch of research before I jumped on anyone’s bandwagon. I hesitate to jump on any bandwagon no matter what (except for Carl Hester who I adore).

I seriously think there must be some underground class or maybe youtube videos teaching budding dressage trainers how to dupe the general public. The local heifer we are burdened with here is brilliant in the sense of how she manipulates people and uses her psycho skills to create the need the them to depend on her.

We’ve removed some posts regarding comments posted elsewhere online by someone sharing this trainer’s name. We have not been able to determine if these people are the same, and have found multiple people with this name, so as the comments are quite heinous, we’ve removed them pending a definitive link between them.

Feel free to share your opinions re: his training philosophy, comments on his websites, etc., but let’s try to keep things productive.

Thanks,
Mod 1

He is a master of dressage, I have worked with him for 8mths. Great results, light riding. Give him a try before you bash someone who is not here to see it…

Mr Peronace,

You could have at least run that through spell check so it wouldn’t quite be so clear that it is you.

Edited: Appears the post I’m referencing has been heavily edited :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, call the waaambulance. I have very nice Appaloosas who are very breed characteristic. I’ve also been incredibly fortunate to ride them with some of the very best dressage trainers around. I’ve never met one worth their salt who gives a flying flip about the breed of the horse if it’s capable of doing the work, the same with judges, so that non-warmblood stuff in my experience is just a smokescreen.

OK. Whatever. Dressage world is full of these people, but don’t besmirch the name of Appies. I trained and competed mine through FEI, and despite prejudice, did just fine, as with anything else. If this dude did the training in any way correctly, he would have done OK showing. I’m sure there are people who don’t show and put themselves out there to prove their talent who are great, but if your goal is really dressage, you want someone who has walked the walk. DeKunfy is the same way–never shown, various, ever-changing history of accomplishments.

I’m all for anyone who can get what help they need from someone, but don’t make stuff up.

Oh my… Another Spirithorse/Dragonhart…They could go into business together…

[QUOTE=Nick Peronace;7338065]
Dear reader,
It has been brought to my attention there is some negativity being said about me here on this page. My contact info is public, so there was never any need to hide behind a screen name, if you have questions Im easily found and I would be happy to answer them. The best way to contact me is on facebook at my page: Nick Peronace Dressage. Please feel free to forward all your questions and I will be happy to respond.

The truth is, NONE of you nor YOUR SO CALLED TRAINERS have worked with me. I know this because everyone who works with me gets positive results and they speak very highly of me. This is why Im booked for so many clinics.

I dont playing some of you for being skeptical simply because I do not compete. I did once, but was on an Appaloosa and after one schooling show at Grand Prix and scoring very low, I realized politics were against me and I became more focused on the art of dressage, not so obsessed with ribbons and trophies.

I would be happy to work with any of you, and I welcome your challenge. My style of riding is forward led by reins of silk. The pictures on my website show this, and if you truly wish to learn equestrian art, please contact me.

Unfortunately, people will always criticize. However, if I wasnt getting positive results then I would say your criticism is warranted. But thats not the case here. I ALWAYS get positive results, and I have never worked with a single one of you on this forum. So lets me fair, I invite you all to contact me NOT HERE BUT ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE, I WILL NOT REPLY TO THIS FORUM.

Seek the truth before you talk.[/QUOTE]

I am sure that you would “be happy to work with” any of us, and I can only imagine how you would love us to “contact you”. However, don’t hold your breath. You won’t find many COTHers as easy to bullsh*!t as you seem to find people on facebook.

Of course you will post here, but then again only the one time. Hmm… Why would you come here at all if you are unwilling to have a discussion?

You are doing yourself no good at all with that marketing strategy.

Did anyone else get a PM? “It would be who of you to go to his clinic Feb 23…”
And the whole thing where they call him Mestro (is that like Pesto?) is too funny, reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine was dating Bob Cobb the conductor of the Fireman’s Volunteer Orchestra and insisted ALL call him “The Maestro”

[QUOTE=NJRider;7339729]
Did anyone else get a PM? “It would be who of you to go to his clinic Feb 23…”
And the whole thing where they call him Mestro (is that like Pesto?) is too funny, reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine was dating Bob Cobb the conductor of the Fireman’s Volunteer Orchestra and insisted ALL call him “The Maestro”[/QUOTE]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

For a group of people who claim not to admire Peronace, and bark at the notion that all of you are actually deeply jealous, you sure do go on and on about him. Could of fooled me! Am I to understand you people also liked his facebook page?
So let me get this straight. You all are saying Peronace is a fake, can not ride, does not know what he is talking about and you hate him, but yet not a single one of you has ever taken one single lesson, will not go to his clinics, and will not contact him directly like he has requested but will continue to bash him behind his back here on this forum?

But your not jealous?
Could of fooled me! That is like criticizing a movie you have never seen

[QUOTE=kellydressage;7339865]
But your not jealous?
Could of fooled me! That is like criticizing a movie you have never seen[/QUOTE]

Haven’t seen enough of his riding to be jealous of. Perhaps some youtube videos of his riding would be helpful?

Meh, I don’t see anything in those photos that would inspire me to pay him for an opinion. He can’t ride well.

Houseguests have arrived!

[QUOTE=katarine;7339965]
Meh, I don’t see anything in those photos that would inspire me to pay him for an opinion. He can’t ride well.[/QUOTE]
Yes there are pictures and to the best of my knowledge Chevy is the only horse he has trained to what is considered Grand Prix but also to do some of the air movements. In his pictures, you can see how light he rides, even doing airs without a bridle! Peronace gives several clinics around the world every year so he must be doing something correctly! He has been working with my two horses and my mothers horses, and we will be at his clinic together in NJ in February