Unlimited access >

Nick Peronace Dressage

[QUOTE=kellydressage;7340039]
Yes there are pictures and to the best of my knowledge Chevy is the only horse he has trained to what is considered Grand Prix but also to do some of the air movements. In his pictures, you can see how light he rides, even doing airs without a bridle! Peronace gives several clinics around the world every year so he must be doing something correctly! He has been working with my two horses and my mothers horses, and we will be at his clinic together in NJ in February[/QUOTE]

Kelly, the challenge with the pictures is that the horse is not through his back and his muscling shows that he is not ridden through his back most of the time. His topline should be more developed and he should not have that large underneck. So - doing the tricks is one thing but doing them with correct engagement is another. Light or heavy, they must sit and engage their core muscles. The pictures on the black horses look better - but those are not the ones he claims ownership to their training - hence the debate.

But thanks for weighing in. It is good to hear from someone with firsthand experience.

Peronace is always telling us to ride forward. Maybe what you are seeing is a confirmation flaw in the horse itself?

[QUOTE=kellydressage;7340104]
Peronace is always telling us to ride forward. Maybe what you are seeing is a confirmation flaw in the horse itself?[/QUOTE]

No…no topline is not a conformation flaw. Even the ugliest necked horses can have beautiful toplines if ridden properly. I am no dressage guru but it was the first thing I noticed in the photos also. I am also an Appaloosa owner and lover. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=katarine;7339965]
Meh, I don’t see anything in those photos that would inspire me to pay him for an opinion. He can’t ride well.[/QUOTE]

This.

Why on earth would this guy, who traveled the world and trained with the Masters and have fabulous students all over, only have a few crappy pictures on his website/facebook pages. I’m not a pro but have better quality pictures than that. (and I hope shows better quality riding as well!)

This guy and the Bucking Rev. are of the same cray box.
May the best lawsuit win this case!

[QUOTE=kellydressage;7340104]
Peronace is always telling us to ride forward. Maybe what you are seeing is a confirmation flaw in the horse itself?[/QUOTE]

forward does not equal engaged - although it can be a good start.

Must agree that his website needs a make over lol! But on his facebook you can see pictures and video of him riding at all levels, even Grand Prix. There is video of him riding my horse, and also pictures of him starting a Paso stallion that I think he did a really nice job with.

What is with the crazy grammar/writing? I ask this seriously, this guy AND his clients— is English not their native language?

I found this: https://www.facebook.com/Eurodressage/posts/10151533157071602 Read to bottom. Apparently Peronace was just a kid when he first got Chevy. I wonder how old he is now and how many other horses he has trained?

[QUOTE=kellydressage;7340192]
Must agree that his website needs a make over lol! But on his facebook you can see pictures and video of him riding at all levels, even Grand Prix. There is video of him riding my horse, and also pictures of him starting a Paso stallion that I think he did a really nice job with.[/QUOTE]

No, there is not.

ETA :

Chevys Cup is awarded each year to the highest scoring Non-Warmblood horse in the Prix St. George through Grand Prix. (…) September 29 ,2013, and shows the first winner of Chevys Cup

Everyone can decide to buy a trophy and sponsor a class for whatever reason. It is a nice thing to do but that’s it.

1 Like

I am going to try and get Peronace to come on here
And answer questions. I know that because of some of what has been said, he might not go for it, and feel it a waste of time. But I have my own work to go do and can not be here with all of you all day. I only joined when I read some mean things being said about someone I think very high of and I have seen ride and train like a master. What Peronace gives is very real. One lesson with him and you will understand. I think he should come on here and answer questions. I feel it would only help him, but if all you are going to be is rude and say mean things to him, I can not see it lasting long.
I will try to talk with him later today.

[QUOTE=alibi_18;7340235]
No, there is not.[/QUOTE]

thanks - I was just looking…

Maybe Kelly could provide a link?

Yes, yes there is lol. Not on his business page but on his personal page under videos. I took one of them lol

[QUOTE=kellydressage;7340251]
Yes, yes there is lol. Not on his business page but on his personal page under videos. I took one of them lol[/QUOTE]

So, his best pictures and videos are on his personal page where no one can see them?

2 Likes

[QUOTE=alicen;7340218]
I found this: https://www.facebook.com/Eurodressage/posts/10151533157071602 Read to bottom. Apparently Peronace was just a kid when he first got Chevy. I wonder how old he is now and how many other horses he has trained?[/QUOTE]

What has he been doing since his late teens and the haute-ecole Appaloosa? Current pics are mid-30’s at least…

Anyone here know Lorinda Lende? Apparently, he worked for her as a WS. Can that be confirmed?

[QUOTE=kellydressage;7339455]
He is a master of dressage, I have worked with him for 8mths. Great results, light riding. Give him a try before you bash someone who is not here to see it…[/QUOTE]

Not here by choice.

One wonders how much the exhortation to post to his page on FB instead is due to his ability to zap unfavorable commentary there, but not here.

1 Like

[QUOTE=alicen;7340218]
I found this: https://www.facebook.com/Eurodressage/posts/10151533157071602 Read to bottom. Apparently Peronace was just a kid when he first got Chevy. I wonder how old he is now and how many other horses he has trained?[/QUOTE]

Based on the photos (he looks like a short Vince Vaughn) he looks in his 40s.

1 Like

Good point, Ghazzu.

Kelly, how much experience have you in dressage? Is Mr. Peronace your first trainer? You are correct in that few (or none) of us have first-hand experience with his teaching, but to taste the ocean, one only needs one gulp.

Evidently there are no videos of his riding/training on line for public viewing. All we have to go by are some (mostly) poor quality images, most of a very young man on an Appaloosa who has a very pronounced underneck and virtually no muscling over the back. The “Levade” or “Pesade” he demonstrates in the photo is unbalanced and the horse is inverted.

Good for the young man for teaching his horse cute tricks, but this is not dressage. The side by side images of Olivera and Mr. Peronace are unflattering to Mr. P. Granted, he’s obviously still a young fellow with much to learn on the photos with Chevy. I’m willing to give anyone some slack for less-than-perfect riding as a youth. Probably we all have cringe-worthy photos in the closet – but we don’t use them to advertise our riding skills – except for comic relief!

What’s he done since those early days? Most of the later photos show horses going BTV. What horses has he produced since his youth? What riders, whether showing or not?

These are questions ANY rider would ask before signing up for a clinic with an unknown clinician.

Mr. Peronace’s personal Facebook shows a picture of him on what looks to be a Friesian. One of his comments is " Femtio is admired by many!! Can’t WAIT to see him at FEI! !". There is no record on Centerline Scores or USEF for any horse named/containing Femtio. Wonder how they plan on getting this horse to FEI without showing him in any recognized dressage shows.

However, I found a page connected to Mr. Peronace’s for a horse named Sweet Femtio’s, which I’m assuming is the same horse as the photos show a very similar looking horse. His accomplishments are listed as follows:

[TABLE=“class: _5e7- profileInfoTable _3stn”]
[TR]
[TD=“class: data”]2010 Training Level Test 4 Champion
2010 In Hand Reserve Champion
Several Open Show awards
2011 Friesian Heritage Horse Performance Champion

Clearly on the direct track to FEI level dressage in the near future, amiright? :rolleyes:
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Photos here: https://www.facebook.com/nick.peronace.5/photos

[QUOTE=oldernewbie;7338469]
The way I look at it, someone had to take dragonharte/spirithorse’s place after he got banned. We got us a winner! :yes:

ETA: I guess he didn’t get banned did he? But he did take his bitless bridle and go home…[/QUOTE]

LOL, I thought the same

[QUOTE=kellydressage;7340251]
Yes, yes there is lol. Not on his business page but on his personal page under videos. I took one of them lol[/QUOTE]

“Thank you for your interest! Unfortunately myself and technology such as computers do not get along very well. I am sure there is a way to upload video to my business page, but I dont own a computer, dont want to own a computer, and work internet from my phone only. A student of mine is very tech savvy, and should be making a youtube acnt soon.
As far as clinics go, I travel and I could come out to you, or, chances are I’m getting a clinic in your state somewhere sometime in 2014. I am booked all over the world for next year!
Thanks again, Id be happy to help you”

Why are you lying about this?

There are no videos.

End of story.

I’m starting to feel bad because I started something when I really have no dog in this fight, but seriously?