Unlimited access >

Official Tokyo Olympic Eventing Thread

L Purdy sent to the box along with a Polish horse and a Spanish one too

The Polish horse is Pavel Spisak’s, who is a pupil of Michael Jung’s. I hope they all make it!

2 Likes

Banderas not accepted

When does the coverage of XC start on Saturday night?

It starts at 6:45 PM EST.

Oh damn! That has to be awful for the rider who has devoted everything to being there. And all his connections.

1 Like

Thank you Peggy!!! :slight_smile:

I gotta get this all figured out.

There is a dressage session on Friday at 3:30 am CT. Debating that one …

Hoping these can be watched later as well. XC especially, if they put up the individual rides, we see more than livestream, when they are cutting back & forth to other riders.

don’t count on individual rides on replays Badminton and Burghley do that but I don’t think NBC will.

there is a dressage TODAY at 330 am

I’m so disappointed that Pavarotti won’t run. JP posted that it’s a minor injury sustained during the last gallop. Damn. Too bad Canada wouldn’t send a traveling alternate.

1 Like

It’s not that Canada wouldn’t, but couldn’t send one. My understanding is that travelling alternates are only permitted when there is a full team competing. So the dressage team had a travelling alternate but since there are only individuals competing in eventing and show jumping, those disciplines do not.

4 Likes

Ah! Thanks for the explanation!

1 Like

Official “intended” riding plan of the XC—hopefully a version works out for all at each obstacle.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that - I can hear Derek diGrazia’s voice in the fence descriptions. Lots of questions to be answered and positive riding required!

1 Like

I read EN’s breakdown with Derek and I really appreciate how he planned the long routes. Basically, he said that instead of doing what most long routes do where you turn back on yourself a few times, it’ll just kind of arc around the outside of the complex vs the direct going straight through so the horses don’t have to kind of start and stop so much with the heat and humidity.

5 Likes

The order of go with ride times has been released: https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/resOG2020-/pdf/OG2020-/EQU/OG2020-_EQU_C51(C)B_EQUOEVENINDV----------DRSS--------.pdf

Giggle. They have Ballaghmor Class listed as a stallion.

It’s really too bad Karl didn’t get to go, it was a huge gamble sending Pavarotti and frankly I can’t understand why they went ahead with it at all in the first place. Bogue I could have gotten behind.

5 Likes

So what time does the Eventing dressage start? Nbcolympics.com says they are streaming it at 7:30 PM EST Thursday. I’m not sure if that is live? It would be 8:30 AM Friday in Tokyo. Seems like a reasonable time to start. I went to the page with the stream and it has not asked me to sign-in or sign-up.

1 Like