Unlimited access >

Official Tokyo Olympic Eventing Thread

So according to EN, only Colleen and QBD are eventing for Canada? Is that how I should understand the situation?

that is how I read it and Quorry passed the vet

Japan team accepted.

They are doing Aus. Hoy & horse accepted.

https://tokyo2020.live.fei.org/participants/Eventing
Is this the order of go? I’ll look for actual ride times.

They’ve said the actual ride times and order of go won’t be posted until after the jog, but the overall team draw order has been set.

Thanks. Right, forgot … fidgety waiting on ride times.

XC is scheduled to go off at 5:45 pm U.S. Central Time on Saturday.

It has been so weird to calculate the time difference, as in Japan the XC starts on Sunday at 7:45 am. :laughing: At my job years ago I used to communicate regularly by phone with Aus & NZ, and that was interesting. :slight_smile:

Looks like China has 4 riders, all accepted, so they have a full team and an alternate. Is that a first for China at the Olympics?

I’m so excited that XC is in the evening in the US that I’m having a watch party with some old barn friends!

4 Likes

According to EN, yes. They’ve only been individually represented until now. Same with Thailand.

2 Likes

L Purdy sent to the box along with a Polish horse and a Spanish one too

The Polish horse is Pavel Spisak’s, who is a pupil of Michael Jung’s. I hope they all make it!

2 Likes

Banderas not accepted

When does the coverage of XC start on Saturday night?

It starts at 6:45 PM EST.

Oh damn! That has to be awful for the rider who has devoted everything to being there. And all his connections.

1 Like

Thank you Peggy!!! :slight_smile:

I gotta get this all figured out.

There is a dressage session on Friday at 3:30 am CT. Debating that one …

Hoping these can be watched later as well. XC especially, if they put up the individual rides, we see more than livestream, when they are cutting back & forth to other riders.

don’t count on individual rides on replays Badminton and Burghley do that but I don’t think NBC will.

there is a dressage TODAY at 330 am

I’m so disappointed that Pavarotti won’t run. JP posted that it’s a minor injury sustained during the last gallop. Damn. Too bad Canada wouldn’t send a traveling alternate.

1 Like

It’s not that Canada wouldn’t, but couldn’t send one. My understanding is that travelling alternates are only permitted when there is a full team competing. So the dressage team had a travelling alternate but since there are only individuals competing in eventing and show jumping, those disciplines do not.

4 Likes