Official Tokyo Olympic Eventing Thread

Thank you skydy & initiate1987 … !!! :grin: :grin::grin: :grin::grin:

My notes get pretty confusing as I am cramming in course notes & scoring & trying to do math while watching the next horse go round … A real-time leaderboard has been a blessing. :slight_smile:

I think I have this livestream ramped up through NBC & my cable provider. All looks good, but I’ll be peeved if I miss any instant due to livestream issues. :upside_down_face: :grin:

1 Like

Doug Payne is third to go.

Is it bad to wonder if he’ll pick up a shortcut here & there? :smirk:

3 Likes

Sweden just substituted a horse.

I doubt that. We need a CLEAN CLEAR trip. No skylarking!

:rofl: :rofl:

any indication why?
only a 20 penalty for substitution? i thought it was 100???

Someone tell Doug. And then tell him again. :wink:

1 Like

Team is different from Kentucky. You are responsible for doing what the coach sez and I bet he sez no short cuts!

1 Like

2.75 miles course and OT is 7:45

So this is about 60% of the usual 5* course. Sounds like a Hong Kong style speed derby to me.

Took only a cursory look at the jumps … seems to be a lot of flying spreads.

1 Like

Boyd can handle pressure.

4 Likes

i hope i dont accidentally close out the live stream while switching between tabs, and then be unable to get back into live stream

Link?

and does Ludwig step into Sara’s 35 dressage score and just add on the penalty for the substitution?

i did not quite understand the substitution rules and penalties

1 Like

thanks and more thanks for including the horse sport link

i cannot access Horse and Hound … apparently i have exceeded my monthly allowance

Oh no. Ouch.

First horse tried to land on the grass at the first fence into water and legs buckled, for anyone that can’t watch.

2 Likes

Is it ok?

any canadians able to access CBC live stream?

it doesnt appear to go live until 7:45?

or have a french CBC link?

Who are the commentators?