Unlimited access >

Ok, the Taco Truck cat toy - who got that and how did you reinforce?

I got that for my cats. (Yes, there were others but I figured they would like that one the best.)
It clearly needs to be reinforced before I let Mr 17lb party hearty play on it.
What did you do to reinforce? Someone mentioned balsa wood?

I can’t find the thread with the advice…

I used a copious amount of packing tape. Without it, there was no way it was staying together. Even so, I kept losing the little ledges that go along the sides at the top.

And after all that, the Jerk has no interest in it. LOL!

If you’re on facebook, have you seen the group dedicated to cat with the taco truck? If not, I highly recommend it. It’s called Bad Service: El Gato Edition

4 Likes

This one

post 83

That was the answer to my own post. :roll_eyes:

I thought that someone had posted that they reinforced with balsa wood so the roof would not fall in.

@shiloh it was me!! I guess we both are guilty of loving big chuckster kitties.

I just went to the local craft store and bought some flat balsa wood slats like THIS

I then cut them and lay them across the carboard 'beams" length-wise and then put the top scratch pad on top of the new balsa wood slats. I can take a pic of it tonight.

That, combined with a bit of extra packing tape on the corners has made it quite strong. Don’t get me wrong, it wont last forever, but the cardboard is surprisingly sturdy to hold by big chonker boy.

I’ll also add that the taco truck will get parked in temporary storage since I picked up the new Christmas Locomotive! choo choo - all aboard for Holiday cheer!

good luck!

9 Likes

Mr. Carrots would like to thank you for putting more crazy ideas into his wife’s head. Just when he recovered from the impulse buy of the taco truck…

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, that is just too stinking cute!

We will need pictures of the train and your kitties for sure!

3 Likes

Mr Tom definitely needs a holiday train.

5 Likes

thank you! the kittehs will love it!

There were so many others to choose from but even though I thought they were cute, they cats might not have agreed.

@AllTheCarrots - :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

absolutely! Although I told the kitties they had to wait until after Thanksgiving to ride their train. Its going to come out with the rest of the Christmas decorations.

5 Likes

Nothing useful to add, but “taco truck cat toy” is my new favorite phrase.

3 Likes

That Holiday train is adorable! I wish I had a bigger house so I could justify getting it. And some more cats, of course.

2 Likes

Conductor Milo is far less successful than Taco Truck Chef Milo. He crashed his Christmas Choo Choo within 48 hours. In fairness to his chonkey-ness, the 2nd story of the train is much smaller than the Taco Truck or Halloween Candy House, so I was not able to reinforce it with my existing balsa wood slats. SO when this 15 pound beefcake jumped on the top of his Choo Choo Train, I guess I should not have been surprised when it buckled.

One dissected amazon box and yards and yards of packing tape later, I brought forth “Meowy Christmas Engine Mark II” hopefully my double-layered cardboard construction proves sturdy enough to last us to January.

milo train ! looking suitably contrite after breaking his train and grateful for the rebuild. “I’ll be careful with it momma -I promise!”

dis my fren (2) This reindeer hoof is delicious!

16 Likes

I got scared off by the reviews of the train’s lack of structural stability. Tom will be serving tacos for Christmas.

4 Likes

Oh my! He did smash it. I can see the scrunch marks. And yeah, that’s off the list. Cute but no. Though Milo is selling it very well with his adorable chonky self. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

that first shot is Christmas Card worthy.
Milo is such a star!
thanks for sharing such cute shots.

3 Likes

Look at the cute little chunker in his train! I’ve got to wander over to this part of the BB more often.
Where does one get the taco truck? I picked up a “taco truck toy” for my kitties over the summer that was essentially a double thick paper bag with decorations but they LOVED it anyway. Shockingly, it lasted a few months before being torn beyond repair.

10 Likes

The taco truck is from Target. If it’s not in your local store, I just searched the Target website and you can get it on the website.

I looked at it several times in the store. Really wanted it, but I didn’t think it would last long with Roughy (he’s very destructive). I recently got this one for him. It’s not cute like the taco truck but it will last longer.

8 Likes

ahaha Thank you! He certainly agrees with you. He loves attention as much as he loves food - which is how I was able to train him to do some tricks, like shake hands, ring a bell, and lie down. He is an absolute fool for Temptations Treats. We joke that he is a big loud Labrador in a cat body.

3 Likes

Love the avoCATo! Too cute!

2 Likes