Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Yeah, it would’ve been fine as an honest question without the weird undertone. I could see someone asking why these numbers changed, as in why could this occur, if they really didn’t know or understand.

4 Likes

I think Jos Mottershead posts on COTH, or used to.

1 Like

Used to.

I hope a friendly colleague or two fills him in regarding background information on this whole situation before he engages with KS on the phone and agrees to provide her consulting services. After all, there seems like there is some sort of potential legal action between KS and EMCO…

9 Likes

Another genius move on her part.

I hope that Jos Mottershead gets her cc details BEFORE his office provides any consulting or I wouldn’t like their chances of collecting for their services.

7 Likes

Oh JFC, someone was asking for stallion suggestions and KS tagged one of the other well known “do not do business with this POS” WB breeder :see_no_evil: birds of a feather and all that I guess.

17 Likes

OMG!!! NOoooooooo

It has to be birds of a feather and all… that is the only thing that makes sense. :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

For those that don’t know of Allie Helinski
Tye dye equines - Sport Horse Breeding - Chronicle Forums (chronofhorse.com)

This is only a small piece of the BS and fraud. She also was selling doses with no semen in them along with numerous other things.

13 Likes

Jos is a nice man. I hope he doesnt get sucked into her nonsense.

11 Likes

It’s not the first time she’s trashed them publicly. If they are choosing to continue to do business with her, they ought not be surprised by anything she says or does.

13 Likes

Reading this reminded me of another COTHism, “My Little Anchovy”. Love that one.

4 Likes

Wow that was an adventure. I wonder what happened to the buckskin, he was actually really cute and looked like a fun ride. Hope he ended up in a good place.

I know a handful of Twin Valley Ranch horses (seems that was likely the buckskin’s breeder?) - all of them good eggs with varied conformation but cute and comfy. I’d buy one if I was in the market!

2 Likes

prevalent

(prevələnt IPA Pronunciation Guide)

ADJECTIVE [usually verb-link ADJECTIVE]

A condition, practice, or belief that is prevalent is common.

This condition is more prevalent in women than in men.

The prevalent view is that interest rates will fall.

Synonyms: common, accepted, established, popular More Synonyms of prevalent

prevalence UNCOUNTABLE NOUN

…the prevalence of asthma in Britain and western Europe. [+ of]

Synonyms: predominance, hold, rule, sway More Synonyms of prevalent

Synonyms: commonness, frequency, regularity, currency More Synonyms of prevalent

7 Likes

I’d forgotten about that thread. I remember now that I was astonished and very ticked off about that fraud. I still can’t get over what Allie Helinski (SporthorsesRUs) did. It was inexcusable.

11 Likes

Is this Allie person still breeding?

Sounds like it, if KS is tagging her for a stallion she’s standing :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Hopefull not a QH/Draft cross being falsely represented as a Polish Warmblood complete with another horse’s pedigree.

In response to an inquiry from a COTH member, regarding the "buckskin pinto Polish Warmblood"s pedigree that was presented to mare owners (whom Allie had pay a 1K stud fee.)

From original thread:

Dear Julia,
Regarding this pedigree, in our data base there is a horse named WEZYR registered with passport number 616009630084109 parents Wotum – Wendeta by Arlin, breed polish warmblood, colour chestnut. If the owner doesn’t have passport or any identification document for this horse, there’s no reason to believe in the horse’s origin and he has no right to use it in breeding.

Best regards,
Agnieszka Szymańska
Dział Ksiąg Stadnych i Identyfikacji /
Studbook & Identification Department[/I]

5 Likes

Yes! That was crazy pants.

The horse in question did seem to be a nice little draft cross who was well trained… but he was NOT a Polish Warmblood and the whole thing was nutty.

2 Likes

Twin Valley Ranch in Manitoba? That is where my horse came from and a mare I sold. Agreed, both very different conformationallly, but rock solid temperaments. The mare was smallish, maybe 15.1 but could jump the moon. She went to en eventing barn where I am sure she had a blast. My guy is retired now at 23 due to my health issues but is such a sweetie. He cut cattle and showed dressage. A very fun ammy horse.

2 Likes

That’s the one!

I doubt it, he’s now owned by someone in Texas and doing upper levels in the low 60s - not world beating scores but respectable for a paint-draft cross. (according to USDF he left Allie’s ownership sometime between 2013 and 2015)

4 Likes