Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

I think you can cash out the Bitcoin into an offshore investment haven :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please make paragraphs.
This Wall Of Words makes it hard to wade through what you write.

See? Like this…easy!

11 Likes

I mean, that’s great and all but it doesn’t change the fact that she still has a full braiding book of some of the best BNTs in the biz—and don’t think they don’t know about how her horses are kept and her personal dramas. Many just don’t care.

10 Likes

That’s nothing new.
See: George Morris, Paul Valliere, et al

9 Likes

There are too many.

2 Likes

Hard to believe that BNT do not care that someone who files lawsuits like KS does, someone who brags/threatens on a regular basis to file more lawsuits, is in their horse’s stalls at night wearing flip flops.
Do they think they are not going to be the trainer that gets sued when she has her foot ruined?

7 Likes

Dr. Corey Miller is my bet…

I have used him too. Great vet

2 Likes

She can braid till the cows come home. In fact, I wish that is all she did. I still believe, even if she finds another low rent hidey hole, so many more will be aware of her than before she landed in Ocala. It’s my hope anyway. We will never stop these thug like people but getting one down is better than nothing. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Have you met a horse trainer? :rofl:

5 Likes

Didn’t K Shearer insist people don’t jog babies in hand??

https://fb.watch/ptinJRYb_0/?mibextid=Nif5oz

10 Likes

You know that’s a low-class operation because the entirety of the ring is made up of fencing. /s

32 Likes

Lol, not a truck in sight!

4 Likes

That man has an amazing stride to run along with that baby so easily. He is just as impressive as the baby is. Wow.

18 Likes

I agree he’s very impressive in a host of ways.

8 Likes

That’s Dressage at Devon and you can usually hire a professional handler that is a Dutch or German guy. They have seen EVERYTHING and are super athletic. And they will RUN with the horses in hand. Not lightly jog, like hunter breeding, but absolutely RUN so the horses can really show off.

I’ve sometimes been doing my own youngster in hunter breeding but I will for sure hire someone for DAD this year (assuming Zone finals doesn’t decide to pick the same exact date after changing their announced date with no warning) for this very reason. You have to be prepared to RUN.

18 Likes

There are fewer handlers now. This past year, Quinnten and King weren’t handling outside horses (ISF and HTF, respectively), so it was mostly a Turtle & Co show, and he was BUSY. I don’t know how he does it. If you can book him ahead of time, I would.

Mo was reaching out to folks who have handled in the past to see who can be a mentor to get more young blood in but it’s a hard sell on both sides.

8 Likes

I appreciate the head’s up. THANK YOU

1 Like

I have to say I really appreciate the fact that the guy is wearing a helmet. It’s never a bad idea to wear a helmet around horses, but especially if you’re handling young ones you don’t know for somebody else in a show environment.

I also like the way he is watching that baby like a hawk as he goes around the ring, which is really noticeable in the still shots at the end. Good for him.

17 Likes

There is a nice article about Quinnten here.

And this meme has become a bit legendary (photo taken at Devon before the helmet requirement for handlers).

44 Likes

USDF started requiring helmets several years ago for handlers in sporthorse breed classes (no doubt mandated by its insurance carriers.)

7 Likes