Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Wasn’t the excuse once that her flip flop broke or something like that? That one stands out in my mind as the funniest excuse to not braid ever.

9 Likes

Yeah that sounds vaguely familiar. My encounters with her have luckily been minimal. I’ve blocked her and her business pages from my personal FB and the braiding page that I run, so I only get the stories from here or over the stall wall from others at 2 am. And the stories are so outrageous and numerous.

23 Likes

To be totally honest with you, I ate a delta 9 gummy a bit before watching the video and commenting, hence why it’s not the most intelligent comment I’ve ever made. :sweat_smile: I think the foal is lovely though and is an interesting cross using Cum Laude on a Friesian damline. I’m really not well versed with Friesian breeding but I’ve been keeping an eye on Cum Laude to see what he produces now that he’s in the US.

ETA: I also very much agree that they did a great job preparing the foal and the foal showed beautifully in hand!

13 Likes

How does someone who has such a ridiculous history keep getting hired? Doesn’t word of the incredibly drama percolate out? Are there enough jobs that there’s always someone new willing to risk it? Not enough supply to meet the demand, so some just have to take the risk on her?

I’m just so curious!

8 Likes

I ask myself this when it comes to the horse industry from time to time. Especially with bad and/or difficult farriers, they seem to stay gainfully employed.

It’s just not a very professional or customer service oriented industry. Or if they have good skills such as good braids, people will still fork over the cash and hope it works out.

I’m not sure how many braiders are out there these days, and I always just braid my own anyway, so have never employed anyone for that. Or you get the people that wait until last minute and don’t exactly have much choice if they want it done, so don’t have the “pick of the crop” so to speak.

There are a variety of reasons. We even see notoriously difficult and/or straight up cray still find places that take them on as a boarder or riding student :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

Ha, I had to google “delta 9 gummy” to learn what that was. I think I need one for my dog - LOL.

5 Likes

The delta 9 gummy did make me lol though :rofl:

4 Likes

I boarded the cannabis train a couple of weeks ago because I’m so tired of dealing with certain side effects of medications I take. So I take a combo of CBD/delta 9 (legal version of THC). I have to say, it really has helped me immensely, the side effects are much more manageable and it makes a lot of mundane things just totally awesome (such as videos of foals at Devon). :joy:

25 Likes

I think one of my product managers does those things before she composes emails. They are often pretty nonsensical and even contradict previous emails. LOL!

3 Likes

Not enough, is my general impression.

I believe some of them switched to other jobs with the big horse show slowdown during the pandemic and didn’t come back to it afterwards.

The money is good, but it’s not an easy life.

1 Like

I know there are trainers she’s left behind in her wake, as she travels from one horse-centric region of the country to the next, who stopped using her and swear they will not use her at shows they travel to. Without going into details, there was just too much drama and too many times that KS posted personal insults and criticisms of easy to identify people online.

I’m not sure why KS thinks she has the license to bad mouth people online without any repercussions to her reputation or braiding business.

There’s no denying that KS braids well. But so do a lot of other people.

22 Likes

There are a lot of reasons to love that guy, but his intellect and articulateness are in the top 5.

What a breath of fresh air! He and his husband are the people the industry needs to be breeding and showing horses.

23 Likes

Hunter breeding does not require helmets.

When I was at Tryon two braiders were talking about her in the stalls across from me. Nothing positive. Word definitely gets around the “braider pipeline.”

15 Likes

I truly don’t know either. Because like I said, my very first night of braiding professionally, in a world where I know practically no one (A circuit, while I show QH), I was introduced to her dramatic bull crap.

It’s like a really bad apple of an owner was making her rounds a while back. Putting 6-10 horses in full training at a time for a few months, then stops paying bills, and pull horses out in the middle of the night. When the trainer would go after unpaid bills, she would threaten to sue for whatever stupid reason. She did this to many many many trainers, and managed to get mine as well. Every time it happened, I would question how poor unsuspecting trainers didn’t already know about this yahoo.

It’s baffling that either word doesn’t travel, of those who get caught in the wake are woefully oblivious. I truly don’t know.

8 Likes

So now she’s online offering to sell semi loads of Arizona Alfalfa to people in Ocala and Aiken.

Is this just her helping friends from Arizona who are in the hay business? Is this a new line of business for KS?

I don’t understand what is going on with this. I do understand when farms near me arrange to get a semi load of alfalfa in for their horses, but don’t need that much, and then sell half of it locally to others who want to come by and pick up ten or so bales here at a time (because they also don’t need a full semi load)…

But KS seems to need the full load (at least) in order to actually feed all her horses. And it seems she’s just trying to sell entire loads to others.

Oh well. Maybe this is a new line of business for her.

3 Likes

Maybe she is aiming to sell the Arizona Alfalfa for $$$$, use some of the proceeds to buy shit hay for her own horses, and then use the profit to buy more ICSI doses.

11 Likes

She has a new post up on FB advertising the alfalfa, the photo shows an 18 wheeler loaded with square bales.

1 Like

She was doing the hay broker thing all fall on FB while we now know her own horses were being starved. Maybe her defensive claim that she has lots of hay on hand is based on her having sales hay that is spoken for by customers. I could imagine a scenario where a low end hay broker points to sales hay when AC comes calling about skinny horses even though that hay can’t be fed to the horses (unless dealer is ripping off hay customers too).

12 Likes

Also, am I the only one who thinks her super speshul AZ alfalfa looks rather lackluster? Sure, it’s green, but it looks VERY stemmy to me compared to the locally grown CA alfalfa I buy. I dunno. Overall not impressed.

7 Likes