Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

@Kasheare, so glad you’ve come to participate in the discussion again. I’ve checked your profile a few times and have seen that you’ve been reading the thread daily.

Since you are so tired of the misinformation floating around, why don’t you clear things up and post current pictures of your broodmares? The photos on your public FB are going on 2 months old. The mares should be much, much improved. Prove everyone wrong and set the record straight by providing current pics of your broodmares.

Or you could ignore this request like you’ve done every day so far.

19 Likes

It’s amazing how each of these photos has a shadow over the ribs or the horses are at a point in time that hides sunken in haunches and sides.

Kate could clear all of this up by showing her current animals in fabulous condition.

But she refuses. :roll_eyes:

24 Likes

The poor thing in the middle photo, the shadow is not big enough to hide the exposed ribs.

17 Likes

I noticed in the earlier pix that the ribs even showed when it was slightly bent towards the camera.

5 Likes

No. I posted her photo a few hours ago. KS has dark hair and she was wearing a burgundy/wine colored shirt and black pant. And flip flops - yes, while in the ring walking a mare with its foal at side. Luckily the foal was on a lead and handled by someone else otherwise KS may not have been able to wear anything but flip flops for weeks or months. :wink:

8 Likes

The entire problem is she thinks this is fabulous condition.

16 Likes

I’m going to leave that typo in there just because it’s so funny!

2 Likes

I don’t feel it’s my place to speak for the organization as a whole.

Re KWPN foal premiums - the very first keurings I ever attended were sometime back in the 80’s where a local farm run by a Dutchman held a Holsteiner keuring, a KWPN keuring, and a Belgian WB keuring.

The KWPN jury was from the Netherlands and I saw them award a Third Premium to a foal who had been born with a very significant amount of lordosis. The breeder/owner had bred her upper level (dressage) mare to a Holsteiner stallion that had been approved for KWPN breeding and I am sure she was devastated to get a foal with that kind of abnormality. I always wondered what became of that poor baby. I gathered from comments by the jury that Third Premiums were exceedingly rare, esp. in Holland where breeders generally did not take such foals to keurings (no one wanted to disclose that their breeding program included horses with those types of genetic faults).

7 Likes

sigh us COTH idiots can spot yours a mile away.

8 Likes

Gotta ask since this is a DHH thread. The WB Toronto or the KWPN Tuigpaard approved sire, HACKNEY Toronto. We owned a KWPN Tuigpaard gelding by the Hackney Toronto

6 Likes

Is that what we lay people call a swayback? In my youth knew a swayback filly -by Breeders Dream -called Win a Classic. The young racing lads claimed it was easier to get low in a racing position on her to work her and she did get to the races!. She was the only swayback in the yard of owner bred racehorses- so I was never sure what was the cause.

1 Like

@omare - Yes, lordosis = swayback. I think I read somewhere that it is a recessive gene. Even when responsible breeders refrain from breeding individuals who exhibit the condition, if both parents carry the recessive, the condition may be manifested in the offspring.

Nope not me

1 Like

Thank you for the answer.

You are the person in the flip flops, correct?

2 Likes

I have posted many videos on my fb page if you can’t see it then that’s a you problem

Of your broodmares?

Guess you must be blocked… :wink:

Is that your way of saying Yes, the videos are of your broodmares?

We had this discussion before, it is much easier to simply answer these simple questions.

I personally do not go spend time looking at your page so you could very well have put new videos of your broodmares up and I would not know it.

5 Likes

All the KS photos from her FB have turned up here and all the horses look crap.

14 Likes