Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

I can see Dream Boy in the foal (pics). I also think De Niro is one of the best dam sires.

IMG_5742

9 Likes

Drool.

2 Likes

Hope youā€™re not planning on Tonyā€™s Sushi :stop_sign:

15 Likes

My point isā€¦. I donā€™t care if someone thinks theyā€™re producing the next unicorn.
You leave it all up to debate arguing about breeding decisions or foot wear. Whatā€™s understood is the problems with upkeep, finding help, a good barn, proper foaling staff, veterinarians ā€¦ā€¦ get my drift. Kate acknowledges all that. All that points to is to just Stop. Because itā€™s not tenable. After almost 3,000 posts do you really think the other facets matter to her? They do not.

13 Likes

See, the thing is that the delusions of grandeur run very strong with KS. She is convinced that everything she breeds is an upper level prospect of one sort or another. Andā€¦ she advertises and prices them as such.

Unfortunately, it seems like a few people have believed this stuff. When the posts about the starved Chacco Blue filly started circulating on FB, I saw one indicating that this filly had been purchased in utero, and was allegedly ā€œbred out the ass.ā€ Apparently that meant very well bred for jumping.

I was curious, so I dug a little more, and realized that the filly was actually not ā€œbred out the assā€ because of the dam. Andā€¦ I felt badly for the person who bought the filly, as they clearly didnā€™t know what they didnā€™t know, and relied upon the representations of the breeder.

So as long as KS can get away with these grandiose claims about what sheā€™s breeding, and inflated pricesā€¦ this sad starvation circus will continue.

Hopefully this thread (and the many many other discussions on social media about KS) will help other people avoid being duped in the future, and hopefully that will result in KS choosing to get out of the breeding business.

12 Likes

All my mares are Kwpn with a very known pedigreeā€¦.

Not a fan of that place since he died. But still go every so often

You miss the point. But carry on beating the dead proverbial horse.

Except I donā€™t. The amount of people that see through the ridiculousness is overwhelmingly larger than this small pool of coth keyboard warriors

Except that it was on video and was not a fight and he pled guilty lol

Yea. You just avoid detailing it because the mares have zero performance record under saddle, and the second and third dams have been 100% used for harness breeding, and between the lack of ANY under saddle record of performance in the mares themselves or the dam line further backā€¦ wellā€¦ there is no reason for anyone to think these mares are likely to produce upper level offspring that can legitimately be marketed for sale for the prices you ask.

19 Likes

Except the buyer fully knew everything about the mare and loved Ulandro mares. She 100% knew exactly what she was getting and has been offered much more than purchase price for the filly since. You all fail to realize there is a totally separate world going on outside your little coth forum

I donā€™t need an under saddle record. I would rather breed quality that I know has produced lovely foals before purchasing. I would never breed these broken Down show horses. Half of them are genetic flaws clear and through yet Americans love breeding those since they canā€™t show them anymore. Thatā€™s backwards thinking

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11 Likes

Your ignorance is strongly showing here.

But Iā€™m sure Americans are mostly breeding broken down show horses and youā€™ve found the golden ticket in breeding unproven harness mares. /s

38 Likes

You do realize that people ride horses, right?? Now, If I wanted a cart horse, I would def give you a jingle!

4 Likes

These arenā€™t desirable harness horses either. Itā€™s very unfortunate.

26 Likes

Not at all. Iā€™m saying nothing about any other breeder just that I personally would not breed a broken down show mare. Of course pasture accident fine, freak thing ok, but most are broken for other reasons. Thatā€™s all. We all do what we do. You all spend your time on here obsessing about me. Thatā€™s fine. I spend time working, analyzing everything about horses and what I know works and does not, and just enjoying life. You should try it

Exactly. None are. They are old work horse bodies which is why I specifically chose them. I wanted the blood but not the ā€œharnessā€ that has been transitioned to fine and super not work horse type.

I canā€™t bang on too much about unproven mares since my breed of choice (PRE) is built off of unridden mares. The difference is that the Spanish, generally and historically, were thoughtful about their breeding and preserving the breed as well as their roots.

I actually donā€™t know that my own horseā€™s dam was ever ridden, and Iā€™ve met her, but just cannot recall. She has great bloodlines though and is a well put together mare.

When Iā€™m looking at Warmbloods, especially at foals with a price tag of low/mid 5ā€™s, Iā€™m sort of expecting the dam to have done well undersaddle, and if not, they better have damn good bloodlines and conformation.

11 Likes