Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Getting my bingo card out.

15 Likes

Yeah, I hate to say it but when I lived in Virginia, there were so many good-jumping horses around that we wouldnā€™t have started jump training on one who jumped like that.

11 Likes

I canā€™t like this enough. Thank you.

Kate, you can post pictures of your beautiful braids. Post pictures of well-fed, well managed, and happy mares and foals and we will all be much happier.

12 Likes

Your farm is in Ocala, correct? Iā€™m going to be in Ocala next weekend for the Equitation Cup at WEC; I am more than happy to come by to visit and report back here. Iā€™ll even take photos and post them so you donā€™t have to.

Whatā€™s your farmā€™s address and when is a good time to come out? Iā€™m going to be there for several days so Iā€™m pretty flexible. Thanks!!

64 Likes

Donā€™tcha know sheā€™s so very busy?
Waaay too busy to take her own photos and post them?

But itā€™s very nice that you can be flexible in deference to our astute business woman/hobbyist. Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll appreciate your offer and thank you profusely for your assistance.
/s

10 Likes

She issued an open invitation - over and over again. I hope you do get to go see her operation and please report back. I am hoping all this attention might mean she decided to feed the horses and they are all looking much improved.

I mean that all genuinely. I hope someone can accept her invitation, stop by, and provide a good follow up report and that all the mares and babies are doing MUCH better.

28 Likes

That was my thought too @FitzE. I hope that @chicagojumper does get to visit and the babies and mares look better than they previously did. That would be a great thing.

16 Likes

If KS is too busy to respond to you, I can give you directions to her farm. Sounds like weā€™ve all got an open invitation to stop in.

33 Likes

We should make it a day. See her horses, go to lunch, visit tack stores, hang out at WEC .it would be fun.

21 Likes

Got real quiet in here all of a sudden.

22 Likes

Iā€™d just like to point out that he will actually have to qualify to make it to the finals in Tyronā€¦since KS seems to have omitted that small point.

23 Likes

I think Florida has the Castle Doctrine, so any visitors please keep your wits about you.

8 Likes

I would expect they wouldnā€™t show unless she gives the clear go ahead - that would be super out of line.

2 Likes

Maybe you and @chicagojumper will even find a nice young horse to buy from KS. :laughing:

5 Likes

I have a bunch of family in Ocala. hmmmmm, impromptu weekend trip???

5 Likes

We can form a human chain, linking arms together, and create a fence line. Someone can volunteer to chase and whoop at the babies. Iā€™m sure KS would appreciate the help.

11 Likes

Iā€™m sure the mare will choose to jump the tallest person in the chain.

10 Likes

Grown up field trip! It would be a blast to do something like that. This is my first time visiting WEC Ocala so Iā€™m planning on being a huge dork about it.

Kate, if Feb doesnā€™t work for you, Iā€™ll also be back in Ocala in March for the judgeā€™s clinic then staying and hanging around the rest of the week for funsies. Like I said, Iā€™m super flexible.

34 Likes

I thought she was getting out of breeding and selling all of her horses. Guess that was just all make believe.

17 Likes

Wish I was in the area as that sounds like a great day!!

5 Likes