Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

The mare you breed over and over again.

So too big to be a 2023 but then too starved to be a weanling; nicest foal but now all the issues. Iā€™m so very confused right now. Youā€™ve seen her move and you full well know what she is. Thatā€™s fine but you really need to stop responding to yourself with tons of posts and then remember what you are actually posting

My sister was a small scale backyard breeder. Bred her pony and got a sweetheart rock-solid citizen. Upped her game by purchasing a 3x (weanling. yearling. 2yo) futurity (conformation) winner that had also been a winner under saddle. Before that, she bought a mare that not only won everything in the halter classes, but had also already produced several winning foals.

What we didnā€™t know in the late 90ā€™s was how color came through. She SPECIFICALLY needed foals with Appaloosa characteristics. From that cross, most foals were solid and therefore not able to be shown. Well, I sure wish she/we had known and not bred so many solid colored foals.

But KATE - they were still beautifully conformed! Even on our little beef cattle farm, they were able to eat and develop into solid citizens. I wonder what your miracle hay might have done for them?

Iā€™m going to reiterate here in case you missed the point:

You seem like you breed for pretty colors. Even when that is LITERALLY the only requirement, be responsible and try to breed the best foals you can, so there is a good chance they can find a happy life. My sisterā€™s solid POA foals have been quite successful as Welshx whatever ponies.

Oh. I have been a little too nice here, so: FFS feed them!!! Jesus Mary and Joseph, STFU and take care of your horses.

Sorry Mods, Iā€™ve been holding that in forever.

35 Likes

You have proved that you are dishonest many times over. Give it up. Just take proper care of the animals you have brought into the world.

19 Likes

You do realize almost all my foals are solid right?

Actually Iā€™ve never been dishonest you all have just deemed that without proof. Thatā€™s on you. As I said above welcome to the farm, my number was listed, come see for yourself! Lots of trainers trust and rely on my eye for their own horses. But yes cothers definitely rule the world and everyone listens to the people on here :rofl::rofl::rofl::see_no_evil:

If any indication from me and my vet they are malnutrioned. Just my experience.

Why did your vet not tell you that your horse and its foal were on deaths door? And I literally spoke to your vet who spoke very differently than what you are saying. But thatā€™s neither here nor there. Fiona go live your life. You can go round and round with me but it doesnā€™t hurt me. You just look crazy here with all your posts

I do, actually. I canā€™t help wondering why you choose mares without performance history or excellent conformation.

Also, as expensive as everything else is nowadays - FEED is the cheapest part of your business plan, and the one you fail over and over to provide. Or - at the very best, fail to ensure your employees are providing.

18 Likes

As Iā€™ve said so many times before Iā€™ve only ever bought a mare after either buying offspring or studying offspring of theirs. Bianca has horrible conformation but all her offspring have lovely body and movement. It was never uneducated or backyard whatever you can buy. But again Iā€™ve said this sooooo many times and no one listens. I donā€™t need a performance record to know what works! Hell half the imports I braid are out of no name parents and sell two months in the states for 100+! A good horse is a good horse.

You spoke to him? thats super interesting because he said from the the condition of the foal you were a lunatic? He will be out here soon for preg check to super fat mares. Can you say that? Shoud I tell him you call (According to Rebecca) ā€œDr Deathā€ Stop your crap. You have never spoken to my vet. And if I were you I would be embarrassed to after he saw your filly on arrival.

1 Like

Yes I spoke with him. Sarah asked me to. But again you still donā€™t seem to understand. Thatā€™s fine. Have a lovely night.

LMAO. Seriously vague.

And he wont give you info on a horse vet bills are paid by someone else. Try again.

Donā€™t engage donā€™t do it shut up Alex.

The imports you braid were not accidents or unplanned breedings. They lose their history because the majority of H/J trainer donā€™t care and wonā€™t bother to keep their breeding*. They are highly valued because of their performance ability.

*The ā€˜Welshxā€™ foals from my sisterā€™s small breeding program went to good homes because of their attitude and talent. Re-read if you fail to understand that they were successful in life despite the fact that they were not exactly as planned - because they had EVERY OTHER THING going for them.

17 Likes

Lemme guess - the reason the ā€œ5-star eventerā€ who made the offer isnā€™t named because you donā€™t want to ā€œdrag them intoā€ this thread.

It couldnā€™t possibly be because you made that story up.

40 Likes

I mean, why on earth would you turn down a ā€œgood offerā€ on a foal?

17 Likes

Because it didnā€™t happen. lol

6 Likes

No she didnā€™t, she sent you the invoice for the fillyā€™s care after she got to Fionaā€™s and you said you would reimburse her. Mind you she was scored at a body condition 2/10

19 Likes

Curious, was she reimbursed? Or did that promise go unfulfilled?

1 Like