Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

And here I thought all of Kate’s babies were so friendly naturally that they are impossible to get away from you and that is why they have to chase them so aggressively to get photos/videos of them moving about…
Now we are to believe that these babies are not that friendly and it was lack of training by someone else (not the fact that have been chased around to get photos/videos).

The halter thing had me laughing so hard.

She clearly turns some horses out in halters so would those same halters not have been out in the elements anyway, on the horse in pasture board?

29 Likes

No attachments that I could see outside of two e-filed summons. The entire thing sounds like a mess without documentation. There’s also a lot of things that lack dates. She didn’t list when she moved her horses to the farm so I have no idea how many months it was before she was kicked out. Some barns have clauses stating they can ask a boarder to leave for any reason within the first 30 days, which I’ve seen enforced. $250 seems pretty cheap for field board where the BOs have to do anything outside of throwing hay into the field.

I also am wondering how old the two foals mentioned were when the chasing happened. Assuming they were 2023 babies foaling season was March-May, they were anywhere from 3-5 months old. Were they already weaned and uncatchable? What about the rest of the foals from that year, were they just not as feral?

In this thread, Kate claimed this was all just a “hobby” and “passion” for her, but I’m trying to see where that is. Her plan was to be out of town for all of this (which is apparently how she missed the BOs not feeding/stealing her hay, not deworming her horses, and the foals’ lack of training). What part of this does she enjoy is she’s not there most of the time?

The halter thing has me scratching my head. Firstly, I’ve seen many a leather halter that basically lived outside 24/7 that didn’t disintegrate in the wind, so not sure why her’s apparently went from brand-new to trashed in what sounds like a couple of months. My mare’s leather halter spends most of it’s time hung outside on the fence during turnout, let alone when she was on field board. Then, the only time it wasn’t exposed to the elements was when she was in the barn getting worked. Secondly, I would simply not use a full-leather halter (that I expected to stay nice) for an outdoor 24/7 halter in the Florida summer. I’d go with nylon or rope because they don’t degrade in the sun like cowhide will. They’ll fade and get ratty, but they won’t dry out and crack.

13 Likes

So, was she foaling out mares in field board?

I mean, there is no way that $250/month would cover a stall, stall cleaning and bedding, grooming, training, and foal watch.

16 Likes

I bet the “missing hay” was fed to Kate’s horses, trying to get enough calories in them.

20 Likes

This bit is the best. The Plaintiff is KS. Typo perhaps? But ironic nonetheless

33 Likes

:rofl:

Good catch @Old_Mac_Donald!!!

3 Likes

Yeah I saw that too and wondered where the proof reader was that day

2 Likes

What do you want to bet Kate got the babay lawyer who drafted the petition, and she didnt proof read it. Or that’s in fact wat she told them, because I smell privatization.

Also, she probably has to allege lots of money lost or they won’t take it on contingency. She’s only doing this because she herself has flayed her reputation by posting about how awesome everything is then posting pictures that show the opposite.

3 Likes

She seems to be very sue-happy. Have any of these lawsuits worked out in her favor financially? Because that’s a lot of hassle and lawyer fees to shell out for bogus claims.

Maybe she’s had some success scaring uneducated people with the threat of litigation.

That and the old “it’s NEVER my fault!!!1!1!” nonsense.

Please just get out of breeding, Kate. You’re just bad at it in every way.

17 Likes

Kate’s attorney is a horse person herself. I would be surprised if this was a contingency fee case.

1 Like

Oh wow, this surprises me.

I figured the person who was willing to state those claims had to be a non-horse person who did not know what they were talking about.

4 Likes

WTAF. So… are these foals weaned and then left in a pasture, totally unhandled? Who is buying these feral babies? What kind of backyard redneck shenanigans is this? :sob: This is the worst breeding model I’ve ever come across and that says a lot.

It does not matter if someone else failed to train a horse, whatever. The fault lies with Kate, the breeder. She choose to breed all of these horses, she is 100 responsible for their training and care.

38 Likes

maybe someone should look in Maricopa County AZ for a DUI arrest from a couple of years ago

I parked my ponies at a local agistment paddock. Two horses, one paddock, I supplied all hard feed and hay for AUD $280 / month per horse… and I got a deal!

There is no way anyone is taking on foaling-down mares for $250 a month a horse for anything other than a paddock.

The fact KS apparently doesn’t supplement her hay with any sort of ration balancer would be enough to turn me off her youngstock. Where are the increased minerals and vitamins required in the last 3 months / first three months? Calcium, lysine, Vitamin E…. So important for a preterm fetus or feeding a foal.

For $250 a month these horses cannot possibly be getting the individual nutrients and ration balancers required.

13 Likes

Yeah, if I were on a jury for this, I’d want to see a signed boarding contract that clearly stipulated what, exactly, KS was getting for $250 a month. She is not an ignorant woman when it comes to the cost of horse feed and care. How could she possibly think that some entity could provide appropriate feed, care, foaling-out services and halter breaking and handling for that mere pittance?

This might be yet another Real World example of “you get what you pay for.”

I’ll be interesting to hear what the defendants have to say. What was the final straw that caused them to terminate the elusive boarding contract with a 7-day notice?

8 Likes

That is what I am wondering!

7 Likes

She was going off here and elsewhere about how she was a savvy business woman who subcontracted out the foaling bit. She made common cause with other folks who send their mares to specialty facilities for foaling and speculated, wasn’t everyone here so stupid that they think there’s something wrong with that?

Except, she didn’t do any of that. She parked a couple dozen mares on bargain basement field board with the ‘understanding’ that the property owners would ‘assist’ in, among other things, delivering the foals.

Assist. That means to help someone by doing some of the work. If they were to ‘assist’ in the foaling, who was the person they were assisting? That could only have been KS.

So this is another lie: she did not put them at a facility set up for and dedicated to foaling. She put them out in a pasture with people who offered to ‘assist’ while she fecked off out of the state.

That’s some :ox: :poop: right there.

30 Likes

Can someone remind me. Is this the facility that the starved filly shipped out of, the place that was primarily a TB facility renting dry stalls to trainers? Where Kate claimed she’d hired help to look after her horses?

We now see that she was evicted when things blew up. Not her narrative at the time

I would expect Kate to be filing her own law suits. You don’t need to actually be a lawyer to mess around in civil court. Perhaps she wrote her own briefs and paid a small amount to a lawyer to be involved.

Civil cases like this are very much a “throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.” They have a strong nuisance or revenge aspect because you are forcing the other party to lawyer up and think about you, time consuming and costly. When you get a nuisance law suit like this you still need to defend yourself and explain why it’s insane.

The hope may be to extort some cash settlement from the exhausted and exasperated defendant to avoid the bother of court.

Such filings also carry a psychological benefit for the complainant of making a narrative record of their side of the story. They can go on forever saying “I was done dirty and it’s not my fault” because there is a court record of their claims. Even if it’s dismissed or settled out of court.

I have known folks on both sides of what I’d call “nuisance civil cases,” coincidentally all in Horse World. A nuisance civil case is where you pursue a civil claim mostly to make trouble for the other party and to save face yourself by making your narrative public, in cases where you actually have some culpability in the situation, but want to deflect.

As far as the stolen hay, I agree: it was most likely fed to Kate’s horses. A bunch of big nursing mares and young stock? Ten horses at 2O lbs a day are going to run through a ton of hay in 10 days. Three tons a month. Hay just evaporates in herd situations. Kate may have assumed that “pasture board” meant they’d live off grass. That’s one of those disastrous assumptions that can very quickly lead to starvation. I’ve seen people get caught out both high summer drought and mid winter mud on this.

21 Likes

Is the timeline right for this to be the place where the starving fully shipped from, where AC and the sheriff were called and Kate promised she would disperse her herd? Or did this happen before all that, at a previous place?

1 Like

This happened before that whole debacle.

1 Like