Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Co-enablers. A new COTH club! :laughing:

Alas, at this point in my life, I have to face reality and stick with just one horse.

I hope both of those fillies end up in loving homes where they can flourish.

1 Like

Actually, I was just thinking that itā€™s the perfect photo to show the real, significant improvement. If she had been dry and fluffy, it would have been harder to tell the difference. But since sheā€™s wet in both pics, you can see exactly how much she has filled out. Sheā€™s looking great!

6 Likes

Doesnā€™t the handler say the black filly is 3 years old?? She doesnā€™t look like a 3 yr old, but I think thatā€™s what he says. If she is, sheā€™s
also quite small.

3 Likes

Almost three he said the second time. They both look like the harness horses that they are to me. Neither well taken care of.

2 Likes

Does the catalog give any info on breeding? Iā€™m having a hard time navigating the website.

Never mind. It says they are ā€œOā€™ Dwyer horsesā€ which means no pedigree information (and a lot of donkeys.)

1 Like

Thereā€™s a TB Leroidesanimaux mare and her filly there. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Ok I am a sucker and had to lookā€“why does it say donā€™t bring a one or two horse trailer? (Because you are expected to take home more than that-or these wont ride in one? Thanks! )

1 Like

He did say 3 but I think closer to 2. They could have been bred late into the year.

Probably because these horses wonā€™t load unless into an open stock trailer. Thatā€™s my guess.

11 Likes

Theyā€™re going to run these on - a bigger slant with dividers out or open stock is the only safe way to do this. These guys donā€™t load or lead reliably, is my guess.

BLM adoption site says the same thing. Typical for open auctions since the horses tend to be more unknown.

8 Likes

Man oh man.

I am already buying a very special TB mare this spring who I did not anticipate and do not needā€¦ because she is very very special and needs to belong to someone who believes in her and cherishes her. I think sheā€™s that wonderful.

But this one speaks to me as well. I hope she goes to a great home.

Here is a link to her direct infoā€¦ look at the guy sitting on her bareback.

I looked her up. I think her JC name is actually Guanabara Gal. She is quite nicely bred for sport. Buckpasser, Sir Gaylord and two crosses to Tom Fool on her dam side. Leroidesanimaux brings a lot to the table for sporthorse breeding as well. Blushing Groom and Ahonoora.

https://www.pedigreequery.com/guanabara+gal

Anywayā€¦ I know I know. Nobody wants a teenaged chestnut TB mare. But this one? This is a nice TB mare. She really is.

Itā€™s good I live several states away and just signed myself up for a different project. This mare is a nice one. :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

Iā€™m starting to feel like I would be very interested to see the outtakes of this guyā€™s video marketing system.

I hope all these horses end up in nice homes.

2 Likes

I think heā€™s doing a great job with the horses coming through.

4 Likes

The most succinct and accurate summary of this debacle. The decisions she made and continues to make harm the animals. And thatā€™s unacceptable.

So her plan was to hire one dude to care for 20 mares in foal? A bloke she clearly didnā€™t even really know? And we are meant to understand she is a savvy business woman/lawyer with a great breeding programme.

Jaysus.

22 Likes

That mare is killing me. I would contribute to buying her if someone has a good spot for her.

6 Likes

Iā€™d contribute a bit as well!

She could become the horse version of Nic-the-Cat from the Menagerie threads. :smiley:

6 Likes

I wish I could add her to my farm. Butā€¦ Iā€™m done for awhile.

She really is a nice TB mare. The situation makes me so sad.

2 Likes

Great now I want the two DHH fillies, the TB mare and the SB mare.

4 Likes

oh, she reminds me so much of a mare I used to have! If anyone can arrange shipping to Ontario, Canada, Iā€™ll take her!!! Poor girl! Breaks my heart to see the slaughter date.

7 Likes

I like that his instinct at trot is to drop his neck and lift through his withers ā€¦ this guy could be great in dressage with a good trainer! Also, the natural horsemanship style disengaging of the haunches shows a little bit of suppleness that can be built upon as he ages and gets stronger. (My instinct says he is probably also suitable for eventing or other sport horse endeavor, but harder to judge from a few strides. But certainly, any of these at low level this little guy should be good to go!)

3 Likes