Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Some people run with or employ poorly functioning people because they can exploit them easier. Or that’s who will associate with them. Some people regularly reach the end of their association and blow up at the poorly functioning person.

Then when something bad happens to one of these chaotic people they can go “oh karma.” But it’s not.

When I hear the term parent applied to a horse owner, it makes me think of a translation of a curse from another language. “You, woman, you are the mother of a horse!” Doesn’t that sound like an insult? Being told you gave birth to an animal is never a compliment.

2 Likes

She’s just added a brand new mare for breeding, so there’s that.

3 Likes

From the auction?

1 Like

Well, she is lovely. I just hope she stays that way in KS’s erm, “care”.

24 Likes

She will be a bag of bones in no time. Poor thing. This is how it all begins.

9 Likes

Ugh. Who wants to contact the breeder to let her know where this pretty mare wound up? :frowning:

11 Likes

Haters gonna hate. wow. I don’t think KS could write anything that would make her sound like a mature, stable, person…with an education. lord. Here you have an opportunity to showcase a new mare and you blow it by sounding like you are 12.

33 Likes

I was just about to update this thread.

I find it interesting how she mentions that the mare is “Gelderlander” … when it’s more accurate to say that the mare has some Gelders blood on the dam side.

She then talks about “haters.” And seems to be conflating people’s criticisms of her breeding program which was centered around DHH mares, and now implying the same people would criticize a much better bred, RIDING TYPE mare with some Gelders blood.

It’s silly.

Above all… people are appalled by the lack of care she gives broodmares and foals/weanlings. Hopefully this time she does better, and feeds adequately.

38 Likes

who would sell a mare into that mess??

17 Likes

Someone who either doesn’t care or has no idea what’s going on

7 Likes

I’ve never in my life seen a reputable breeder roll out a new mare this way. I feel sorry for this poor mare.

I think it’s odd that KS is using such a dressage bred mare for a hunter foal, but KS could be incorporating unicorn lineage and none of that would matter. Let’s hope this poor mare is not locked in a stall for 23 hours a day and starved.

SMH at whoever sold her this horse.

19 Likes

All of this.

Kate has yet again demonstrated a lack of understanding of bloodlines. It would be no big deal… except she’s breeding LOTS of horses.

7 Likes

Delete

13 Likes

If you google the name and bloodline of the dam you will see her last foal on a for sale site. It has the last owner of the mare listed also.
I thought she looked familiar, she was listed on one of the WA for sale pages on FB… either free or very low price as broodmare only.
This mare doesn’t seem to have any predicates, wonder if she has been to a keuring?

6 Likes

I expect the mare has a career ending issue and someone got fast talked by Kate into doing a free lease to get her off the payroll. There are many many horse people who don’t read COTH :slight_smile: and could get scanned by Kate. Especially if the mare was way up in WA.

9 Likes

From the 2016 ad: She was injured as a weanling—caught her head between a gate and post—and has fused vertebrae at the C2-C3 joint.

5 Likes

So Kate probably got her for free.

4 Likes

I am not so sure she was free. She was not sold to KS by the breeder. And I am pretty sure she had to ship her from the West coast.

I have seen hunter breeders in this country using Sandro Hit lines, and there are jumpers in that mare’s pedigree as well. She’s for sure a step up compared to the other mare she used repeatedly.

7 Likes

She looks lovely but I doubt she will
Look like that much longer