Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Why would I need to talk to him about using his name as someone who has lost multiple mares and foals? I mean you don’t think twice about mentioning my name for losing two mares in my complete breeding time. It’s public knowledge. Am I not supposed to mention names when asked questions? Please definitely mention this to him that you were asking if anyone had ever lost mares multiple years in a row. He will be honest about it.

And funny you mention it….many of mares came from him and Wim and Jesse. Guess they only sell shit Dhh then right? If mine are shit yet they came from them.

What’s up with the mares’ super short tails? Is that a DHH aesthetic thing?

Absolutely but thought I would start sharing all these breeders that are spoken so highly of and their mares and foals conditions. That way you all can definitely talk to them about their care and malnourishment of their breeding stock as well. You definitely definitely should contact them for sure!

Well the. Again you didn’t read. I commented about a single prevalent individual not in general. So still took the context wrong and then chose to respond as if I were speaking about you.

Many broodmares have their tails munched on by foals. Look at mare above by 5 star Eventer. Also feel free to google it.

I guess you meant to type “many of my mares came from him …”

I think any former owner would feel sad that they sold anything to you.

23 Likes

For reference feel free to read this article. This year was the first time it’s happened to me.

https://ker.com/equinews/discourage-foals-chewing-mares-tail/#:~:text=Several%20commercial%20products%20claim%20to,into%20the%20mare’s%20tail%20hairs.

I hope you have a screen shot of that post. I don’t see any of Shearer’s posts. (She is ignored after sending me a PM.)

I did look at his website. It seems he is breeding for dressage with accomplished keur and keur pref mares.

14 Likes

Stop prevaricating, Kate. Other people’s skinny mares don’t excuse YOUR starving stock.

29 Likes

Contrary to this short forum on coth, I’m actually in communication with every single person and have been offered more mares/foals. Because unlike here, people are quite intrigued and happy with what I’m doing. Again I think this forum negates to think that I actually have good working relationships with many that have supported and guided me through all of these breeding decisions. But hey remember I’m just backyard after all right

Absolutely not but I’m very happy to continue to post all the amazing breeders and their stock so you all can definitely, as horse welfare activists, bring them to light here on coth as well. You wouldn’t want to single out just one person right? You are here after all for the welfare of ALL broodmares. I will continue to add pictures and names for you all so that you can create forums with their care and please I do ask that you make a difference in their breeding and care as well! Please. Desperate times for these mares posted so you need to jump in and help them asap!!

I read. I didn’t care who you were talking about.

That’s kinda different. But you do you boo!

7 Likes

Lol sure, just keep ducking the questions about the health of your own stock. No surprises there, you’ve been well proven to be totally incapable of admitting responsibility for your actions.

29 Likes

Thanks boo! :kissing_heart:

How many times since the very start did I admit that something happened, I tracked down what happened and changes made immediately after I was out of town. But you continue to lament. How about these horses with people in town all the time? Not an eye for an eye at all but I definitely want to showcase all these other individuals for you all so that you can lament on their care and horse welfare. You are here after all about horse welfare so you definitely need to say something first and foremost to these people!!! I mean it is absolutely unacceptable! Please please you need to say something as you are about ALL broodmare and foals welfare here right?

Now that sounds like a plan! /s

9 Likes

Absolutely please make sure to contact the people already shared and let them know about their horse welfare and your concerns on their treatment.

It seems like this thread took a turn , but I thought I’d chime in on the original topic if it’s still relevant……

My friend has bought a couple DHH horses. She was wooed by their flashy high knees and I think imagined she was getting a high class WB for a low price. Personally I didn’t understand the appeal with the DHH at all, and everyone of this breed I’ve seen looks like a harness horse with a bad canter and very tight backs (no one rides Hackney horses….).

Anyway the couple of DHH my friend bought turned out to be super spooky and had their eyes bugging out of their heads at all times and she didn’t feel comfortable or safe with them so they got sold on.

Having said that, I am someone who likes an underdog. I had a 14.1h downhill-built Appaloosa who turned out to be a competitive 1.20m show jumper. But I think it comes down to the horse you have in front of you. And also the brain, which I believe is one of the most important elements!

18 Likes

Uh, once? I think not. And no, you been all over the map denying the condition of the foal.

Again. What others do is immaterial. YOUR neglect and abuse is the topic.

22 Likes