Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

You should try cava with your cheeses if you like that sort of thing.

No clue about any of that. I live in a different state.

I do like cava.

There are specialty cheese stores in some cities, but if you donā€™t have that and have an Aldi, then pay attention to their cheeses. The one here has a good selection and has various imported specials. I may or may not have bought their cheese advent calendar this past Christmas :rofl: would recommend.

13 Likes

Is this what I save in my dictionary as gaslighting? Oh, I called you ā€˜very agedā€™ but I wasnā€™t insulting you because you are old, Iā€™m saying you should be wiser and more polite?

So, Iā€™m still insulting you, but not in the way that you took it the first time?

22 Likes

Darn, ALDI? Hundred dollar Harryā€™s (aka Harris Teeter) was out of the Gruyere I use on special occasions at Easter. Actually, they had it on special but they were sold out. I tried the LIDL but I didnā€™t think the Aldi one block further would have special cheesesā€¦
And I am very blessed to have HT, LIDL, and Aldi within 2 blocks - thatā€™s even an exaggeration, they are nearly on the 4 different corners of the same intersection.

4 Likes

Wow, finally this thread has become useful - a wine and cheese discussion.

I will suggest, however, swapping out the aged cheddar for aged goudaā€¦

Me thinks I shall have to make a road trip to the gouda store (yes, there is such a thing)

19 Likes

Oh millerra, we must not limit ourselves to one cheese!

5 Likes

This morning I enjoyed a Florette Goat Brie on a toasted Everything Croissant. Soooo good. I could be on my last dime, but there will be decent cheese in the house!

6 Likes

A gouda store??!! :yum:

2 Likes

Yep, Aldi. I do miss Lidl. There arenā€™t any near me.

Some of you mentioned Gouda, and I also like Gouda. Mimolette is good too.

2 Likes

Aldi has a cheese advent calendar? Oh my, I have to remember that. Yum.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll just leave this here and bid you good day. I said good day, (maā€™am)ā€¦literally just learned this weekend where that quote came from, so now Iā€™m entertained by itā€¦

That being said I think that maybe, just maybe, cothers could maybe figure out why their horses are so expensive these days when they dwindle people with the right intentions and a good eye and those people (yes I know a few that have stopped because of online harassment) leave and stop. This is not a conducive thread to including anyone in anything. You can go after as many people as you want on coth but so far everyone that you all have started massive threads about are still succeeding in the horse world? Name one person who you have managed to shut down with your internet warriorism?

1 Like

Ah, yes. Such ancient wisdom. It is reminiscent of the famous and much celebrated haiku -

Flippity flop, here I come
Magical western alfalfa fixes all my problems
Except for my itchy bunghole

31 Likes

Just got off Walkabout Stations website. Wow a lovely breeding farm with healthy, fat broodmares with excellent records and lineage. Not sure why HBK wants to throw them under the bus??? Oh, a dear friend of mine has a WS horse and he is lovely.

8 Likes

Smoked Gouda with a nice Pinot Grigio! Now I have a craving, but I just came home from the storeā€¦

5 Likes

Whether you are observing or participating in a kuering or any other horse related activity, flip flops are never appropriate footwear around horses. That is pretty much common sense. 1200 horses vs bare feet is not a winning combination

24 Likes

Question 1: Do we need to dress up in our Go To Town clothes or can we stay in our bathrobes?

Question 2: As a shortcut to drunken goat cheese, can I encourage Nana, my Nubian goat, to larp up a nice aged Merlot and then create cheese from the next dayā€™s milk?

:thinking:

16 Likes

Guess who has not filed any of the pretrial paperwork that the court asked for in 2022?
A hintā€¦ one of the people is the person who filed the lawsuit, but somehow is not filing what the court has asked for. So weird. So very weird.

26 Likes

physician, heal thyself

6 Likes