Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Sorry everyone tornado hit down in Katy, tx at the horse show I was at and power out all day yesterday. Such is pin oak every year. Sooo many comments to read going every which direction. Keep on keeping on everyone.

Calling all gamblers, itā€™s not a DHH, but a really really nice Hanoverian Gelding that probably needs some maintenance to be soundā€¦at the Bowie auction.

The relevance here is he looks nicer than what KS has bred.

5 Likes

He looks pretty sweet and fairly sound from what I could tell on a quick watch.

2 Likes

I canā€™t understand why anyone would let him go to an auction. He seems so sweet.

4 Likes

I agree. He is a really nice horse and I hope someone here scoops him up! Looks like such a fun ride. Sigh. I have to get back to work and not buy this horse. :joy:

2 Likes

You know you want to! Iā€™d be seriously tempted if he wasnā€™t so far away and we already have 3 retired ponies that have a home for life, and no farm of our own to keep them on.

1 Like

Heā€™s a really good quality horse but I donā€™t like how he uses his front feet doing the tight turns at the end of the alley. Some discomfort there maybe pastern arthritis.

2 Likes

Aww. He looks super sweet. I hope he ends up in a good home.

For anyone who did not watch the video all the way to the end, the guy picked up his front foot, which was extremely chipped and broken up. So I would bet a set of front shoes would help the horse a lot.

8 Likes

Thousands of posts later and youā€™re still convinced this thread is about being interested in you.

Pic of the grey mare?

26 Likes

Looks off in front.
Probably why heā€™s there, poor guy.

12 Likes

This grey mare, @Kasheare, in case you werenā€™t sure what mare we were referring to?

21 Likes

My goodness. That mare. Poor thing. No foal but yet the tail is chewed off. I thought the chewed off tails came from mares with babies. According to HBK. These horses are hungry and uncared for. We already know thatā€¦ Even worse, they probably get zero imprinting when born and the mares probably never get any love. They are all just baby machines which is obvious with this poor grey girl.

6 Likes

So many have slaughter dates, cute filly with the serious scrapes makes me wish I had not looked.

2 Likes

That guy - 18? - would be highly sought after around hereā€¦ why is he in a general auction in Texas!!! He may be off a bit in front - but is it fixable? Why would his people send him there!!! If his diagnosis is bad - why not give him a nice retirement?

I wishā€¦ :broken_heart:

6 Likes

That was my feeling. He could be someoneā€™s good walk trot horse.

I wonder how bad his medical issues are? Poor guy doesnā€™t deserve to auctioned.

2 Likes

This mareā€™s condition is heartbreaking.

10 Likes

I just found drunken goat cheese at the local King Soopers (Kroger.)

Will report back.

5 Likes

I am, most unfortunately, in a cheese desert. No Krogers, Wegmans, or Harris Teeter within reach. Although I might check out the local Aldi based on a recommendation here. #findmethegoodcheese

4 Likes

I now believe this shows another side of her (HBK), the control of something we want. The something is the mare that we all have been asking on updates for. She can sit back and gloat and lol to herself knowing we are waiting, that we are hoping for a wonderful picture. But no, keep posting other trivia just because she controls that. I get major creepy vibes from someone doing these kinds of games.

19 Likes

My heart bleeds for you. I love cheese.

Iā€™ve never been partial to goat cheese but Iā€™m giving this one a try.

I couldnā€™t live without Gruyere for cooking. Iā€™ve tried emmentaler but itā€™s just not as good.

For blue cheese aficionados, a good one to try is St. Agur.

Fromager dā€™Aaffinois is a good Brie type cheese but I really wish I could find a decent Camembertā€¦

Sorry for the cheese derail. :blush:

2 Likes