Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

I was under the impression that people were lining up to buy these horses.

14 Likes

15.1 is my favorite size these days :rofl:

I do like her angles but it was the trot video that sealed the deal for me. Lovely loose toe pointy trot in a concrete pen.

24 Likes

Groceries are usually a pretty easy fix, but you canā€™t change the underlying bone structure, which she already has going for her. Yay.

6 Likes

Thank God you have managed to avoid prosecution and prison!!! :smile: :heart_eyes:

20 Likes

Wait. Is she saying she bred the other two horses too?? If theyā€™re full siblings, and Truly a Rooā€™s dam is KSā€™s mareā€¦

Am I missing something??

2 Likes

Does the DNA test tell you the age?

My question tooā€¦

ETA:

Mandiba (Jackaroo / High Kingdom): https://sporthorse-data.com/pedigree/mandiba

High Dolly: https://sporthorse-data.com/pedigree/high-dolly

If sheā€™s registered they can match with the DNA on record or, maybe, they can at least match the sire and dam you can probably figure out the age.

4 Likes

High Kingdom, Mandiba and Jackaroo are full siblings

3 Likes

It can narrow down the sire and dam and breeding reports can tell you who the foal has to be which can tell you the age.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks. Iā€™m guessing that only works if the DNA of the sire and dam are on file somewhere.

For JC TB, they should be

2 Likes

They should be, yes.

So Kateā€™s saying that this 2023 foalā€™s sire is a full sibling to Jackaroo, Mandiba and High Kingdom.

Thatā€™s all very well and good - but what about this foalā€™s DAM?

9 Likes

Wow, can they really determine sire and dam these days based on no other data than a DNA report on a horse?

When I was breeding (admittedly several decades ago), they had to know which possible sires and dams to use for the DNA comparison. IOW, they couldnā€™t run the foalā€™s DNA against the DNA of every stallion in the database and/or every mare in the database.

It sure seems as though it would be possible these days though, given the speed and power of modern computers, and maybe aided by AI (as in artificial intelligence - not artificial insemination - LOL).

The Jockey Club has been DNA typing since 2001ish so you would have to have a pretty old sire/dam not to be in the database. So with JC TBs you can usually narrow in on the sire/dam using DNA and then from there you can typically figure out the foal. They will run the DNA against all the sires/dams on file. Itā€™s a closed studbook and very into bloodlines so being able to do searches like this is a priority for JC.

13 Likes

Yes, and if this particular horse was a gelding Iā€™m not sure I would bother with DNA testing, but with a filly, knowing her bloodline could give her a little safety net if needed down the road.

8 Likes

Funny, those FB ad pages wonā€™t show up for me. Is it just me, or were the ads deleted?

I guess ā€œLow low fives.ā€ is a price. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ah, got it. I was thinking of the way the WB registries handled DNA comparisons for parentage verification. They wouldnā€™t even try to ID a horse if the age, sire, and/or dam were unknown - there were too many thousands of variables. But with TB being such a closed studbook with strict breeding record / registration requirements, I can see where it would be easier for JC to run a DNA report against thousands of records.