Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Being rude to Drew is the outside of enough. Drew is one of the most helpful, kind, and supportive admins I have ever had the pleasure of working with. #teamdrew

39 Likes

Well - even though I imagine it’s pretty miserable to see that someone took a screenshot of a private email and posted it on COTH

Drew cemented her reputation as an exceptionally gracious professional with that communication. Good for her.

36 Likes

Thank you! What’s the P stand for?

P = paard (horse)

2 Likes

Maybe “paard” ?

ETA - Zlotych beat me to it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you all. New pot of coffee, stat!

5 Likes

I agree. What I gathered from the email is that Drew is exceptionally kind, gracious, and professional. Based on Kate Shearer’s publicly posted communications (here and otherwise), I can imagine the preceding email to Drew from her was
 not kind, gracious, or professional. To say the least.

31 Likes

Others beat me too it. That abbreviation is for the non-English phrase Belgische Warmbloed Paard. It’s just a coincidence that the first two words would have the same letters in English (Belgian Warmblood).

4 Likes

An unsurprisingly miserable act which will likely have the opposite effect she was going for.
#teamdrew all the way!

10 Likes

Hey there’s an idea. Kate, since you had no problem posting their email, why don’t you post your message to them? Make it even stevens.

36 Likes

A friend of mine with a Fjord who does both dressage and SCA medieval mounted games refers to her mount as BWP–“Baby War Pony”

16 Likes

So she is miffed at KWPN because they didn’t gush enough over her foals. And is therefore going to take her business to BWP? What is she going to do if BWP also declines to gush over her breeding program? As @Virginia_Horse_Mom said - KWPN at least has a bit of understanding about harness bred horses. I am not sure that is also true of BWP.

26 Likes

I’ll get the popcorn and margarita’s ready! What a poop show!

3 Likes

It’s obviously a conspiracy.

6 Likes

Kate, since you are so proud of your “unique” breeding program, why don’t you tout your DHH pedigrees in your sale ads? Why the deception and why make potential buyers pull teeth to get the mare line information? See attached example.

19 Likes

Another Big Eq horse!!! What’s next? Mounted shooting? Civil War reenactment?

24 Likes

My neighbor does this with his horses. It’s a riot when they’re at his house rehearsing, complete with black powder cannons.

11 Likes

I am confused, KS says in the comment back that the “bloodlines are listed” but I only see the name of the stallion in her ad, not the mare.
Did she mean they are listed on some other site that the person asking can go look them up?

12 Likes

That may also be a $64,000 question.

5 Likes

Not something I want to package at 20k. Price does keep going down, so maybe he will land softly. Wasn’t this same horse 45k at one point?

6 Likes