Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

That is wonderful! I’ve heard many good things about her. How much did you pay her to take him? Is she going to market him for dressage vs eventing?

16 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

I think you misunderstood. She bought him from me for low 5 figures lol!

Oh pardon me :flushed: The Jessica Wisdom I’m familiar with takes off breeds and puts some dressage training on them. They are all for sale. I thought you meant she was marketing him for you.

Editing to ask: is the pic him?

6 Likes

Funny how different they look when they are fed. sorry. not sorry.

13 Likes

Yes that is him with her at 6yo now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Funny right? 2yo to 6yo….only good made him look that way :wink: wink wink

makes no sense, but ok. I guess it is ok in your mind that it looked like a skeleton at 2 .

5 Likes

I think she means food and correct training. But that’s just my interpretation. He really does look very nice in the ridden picture.

And no she bought him for herself. He is available for the right mid 5 figure some as all horses with trainers but she doesn’t actively market him and calls him “mommas boy”. So while many of you take a single screenshot here and jump on the bandwagon there are those of us out there that are actually able to see what can be down the road with baby pics/videos. It’s ok. My two half Arabs went first premium at the Dutch warmblood keuring yesterday and shocked everyone. So I’m pretty comfortable with what I’m
Doing. Also I never bred Nick. I bought him as a weanling because I loved his conformation

What training do you do on an 18 month old? Other than basic handling, trailering etc? I sure as heck don’t lunge them or anything. And he was as very awkward young horse growing randomly. But that is fine! You said you would love to take him down the trail. If you have 50k you can definitely take him down the trail now if you still so want lol

This picture was taken the exact same day that the “skeleton” picture you say was taken. Just so you have a comparison. Same day within 20 minutes of each other.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I wouldn’t pay 50k for anything. As for training young stock, with that horse’s propensity for ewe neck I would work with him to relax his head, neck, and shoulders. Get him to not invert himself when he’s tense or worried. It’s something that you could learn from a trainer like Warwick Schiller.

3 Likes

No 18 month old needs to be trained at all. If you think training an 18 month old horse is acceptable then you are a problem.

Can you see the tension in his neck? I’m guessing you can’t since you think that pic is good.

4 Likes

It is nice to see that he landed well.

Is he showing at all?

4 Likes

He is actively for sale on her website. js. Mid 5’s starting with a 3. Sooooo, selling him for what she paid. hmmmmmm.

19 Likes

And oh no you are one of them the natural horsemanship peeps that pay for their monthly subscription. Yikes!

Badda bing, and now we know why her horse’s look and act so poorly when young.

10 Likes

yup. ZERO handling or ground work. Hey Kate, when was the last time you actually sat on a horse and rode? And not like that worker on that poor grey mare.

12 Likes