Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

But upthread, you said this. Which is it?

I think you should definitely message her and ask what the price is. I mean since she updates things super often and you seem interested

9 Likes

You should message her for sure! Ask what his price is!

No, I mean, I know her personally and actually could literally just ask her whenever I see her. (I wonā€™t because A) Iā€™m in good horseflesh already and donā€™t need to add a grab-bag to my herd and B) I donā€™t really care) I just posted the above to point out that you talk out of both sides of your face.

23 Likes

My favorite part is you say heā€™s KWPN (intentionally misleading) but at least this seller is honest and advertises him as DHH, which is what he isā€¦

45 Likes

I was about to comment that - good for her. He looks like she has done good work with him.

12 Likes

This is confusing. You continuously pay people who canā€™t properly feed, yet we are to believe theyā€™re being worked with on the ground on a daily basis??

Malnourished horses tend to be more docile, fyi.

16 Likes

Ainā€™t no mistaking that harness horse trot he has lol. Be pretty foolish to try to lie.

11 Likes

Jessica Wisdom is running a business and I am quite certain she purchased the gelding for significantly less. And typically the horses that the trainer wants to stick around are priced HIGH.

15 Likes

Do you think that after Kate starts getting them all registered BWP, thatā€™s how she will start advertising them?

BWP doesnā€™t even have a harness book. Itā€™s going to come across as even more deceptive than her notably vague description of her youngstock as ā€œDutchā€

12 Likes

I guess that depends on what you mean by ā€œtrainingā€. I do a ton with my young horses starting as soon as theyā€™re born. But then Iā€™m
There.

9 Likes

I think she said mid fours. I doubt anyone is paying mid 5 starting w 3 for any of those horses but I might have misread.

You didnā€™t misread! You too can own this horse for 30k plus! Whoo hoo!

also, half the fun of the young ones is to bring them along in hand. Especially for Kate, to get them ready for the Big Eq!

2 Likes

Mares approved for breeding by the BWP are entered into one of two studbooks. The Main Studbook is for select registered mares of a recognized sport horse breed, including, but not limited to most other Europe Studbooks recognized by the WBFSH, Thoroughbreds and Arabs. The B Registry is for other select mares of unverifiable pedigree that are acceptable and pass inspection by the Belgian jury. All mares must be over 15.1 hands to be eligible for inspection and inclusion into either book.

For a foal to receive BWP papers it must be by a BWP stallion out of a mare that is in either the Main or AUX studbook.

If I am reading this correctly, all of the dams must be presented and accepted into a BWP studbook. I wonder if they will accept the DHH into the AUX studbook.

7 Likes

Exactly! A hot dog is a hot dog, not the filet you think it is. Just because you walked your hot dog by the meat department doesnā€™t change what it really is. I do love a good hot dog, but not paying filet prices for it.

9 Likes

ā€œI know heā€™s listed for 30k, but would you take 50k for him?ā€

ā€œwellā€¦ uh, yeahā€

ā€œThere it is folks, sheā€™s selling him for 50k!ā€

21 Likes

Heā€™s literally Kwpn so how is that misleading

@Kasheare Then tell me, why is Jessica Wisdom advertising him as DHH?

18 Likes

Weā€™ve literally gone over this ad naseum.

11 Likes

Jessica is a smart seller, Iā€™m guessing sheā€™s listing him as DHH instead of KWPN because heā€™s a crappy example of that registry and is much more readily recognizable as DHH.

14 Likes

You know she is actively marketing him. You replied to her advertisement.

27 Likes