Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Of course, that makes sense. But I was hoping Kate could explain . .

2 Likes

That is weird wording. If KS sold this horse to Jessica Wisdom, why would Kate Shearer still have his KWPN papers? Why would KS not have already given those papers to Jessica Wisdom so they went along with the horse that she sold?

44 Likes

Iā€™m confused. If the the half arabs are register B then how did they get first premiums?

I thought register Bā€™s couldnā€™t get premiums? Am I wrong?

6 Likes

Good question!! Canā€™t wait for the answerā€¦which will never happen.

3 Likes

She (KS) explains this on her FB pageā€¦that they canā€™t be premiums but that their scores were good enough to be premium.

Little facts need not be included here.

25 Likes

KS bacon slices a lot and from what I know of Wisdom and her training for sale I wonder if she never actually purchased the horse, just training and selling it.

@fenwai any idea if Jessica bought this horse for resale or was she training for owner sale?

7 Likes

I am waiting to hear back on that very question :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Sigh. Another free tip: people will be (even more) reluctant to do business with you if you continue to be so indiscreet that you give out their name and a strong indication of what they paid. Please show some respect to your buyers and a shred of decorum about the process.

In plain terms: act like youā€™ve been here before.

47 Likes

I was going to speculate to this effect , but deleted my comment before posting. Because honestly, it looks like Jessica has done a nice job with this horse and is marketing him accurately (heā€™s a harness horse cross) and for a fair price at $30k, given his training.

And it would be unfortunate for the horse and Jessica if a sale to a great home fell through because of Kateā€™s antics.

Last thingā€¦ Kateā€™s comment on Facebook has the odor of desperationā€¦ as though she is an owner or partner on this horse that Jessica is representing, and she just canā€™t manage sitting on her hands and letting the professional handle marketing him. Honestlyā€¦ this is ridiculous ammy hour behavior. Kateā€™s sales tactics rub many many serious buyers the wrong way.

30 Likes

This is so true. If I were in the business of buying and selling horses, I would be pissed if someone was blabbing about how much I paid for a horse while Iā€™m actively trying to sell him for (presumably) some sort of profit. I mean, come on!

29 Likes

And I want to say again I think these are sweet horses, they seem to have good legs and feet, cute faces with soft eyes and any ammie owner would be happy with them. Whether they have the talent and the chops to go higher, who knows, and honestly having a kind, sane, sound horse is a blessing to lower level riders.

10 Likes

A lot of these foals are sired by sires known for their difficult temperaments. The damlines KS uses are completely unproven in sport. I think saying they are ammy friendly is a stretch, especially since so few have been proven under saddle.

30 Likes

This is true, I was hanging my hat on the horse thatā€™s with Wisdom.

1 Like

She literally calls everything she breeds ammy friendly.

She also says stuff like: Itā€™s bred for dressage, but also looks like it could easily be a Grand Prix jumper, or 5 star eventer. Perfect move up horse for a young teenager looking to be competitive in equitation. Also suitable for endurance riding, or for a career as a hunter derby horse. Buy it now or suffer defeat at Devon later.

I jest. Sort of.

29 Likes

KS didnā€™t breed that horse. Do agree though, the horse is lovely.

6 Likes

I read one ad where she described how a foal would be under saddle. The ads read like a tween describing their Breyer horses.

20 Likes

So oddā€¦Kateā€™s comments are no longer on that post.

Ps, while the horse looks kind and willing, that trantering hind end takes a LOT to fix. Ask me how I knowā€¦that type of hind end is incredibly hard to get fit for jumping and keep it that way.

My heart horse literally travels as if pulling herself with her front end (as other posters have described above about cart horses). Guess what? Soundness issues and no lead change. But she IS amateur friendly.

Iā€™m considering breeding her and trying to be super selective - I want an uphill canter with a strong hind end, and less blood (LOL). But sheā€™s also proven to be competitive at 1.10m and has Olympic show-jumpers on BOTH sides.

I digress.

1 Like

Facebook must be playing tricks, because I can see KSā€™s comment about her having the KWPN papers.

Screen shot I just took.

I am not sure what having clean X-rays as an unbroke 2yo for a horse that is now in training and is a 6yo has to do with anythingā€¦ but that is still not the weirdest part of that post.

19 Likes

:joy:[quote=ā€œVirginia_Horse_Mom, post:5845, topic:789934ā€]
Buy it now or suffer defeat at Devon later.
[/quote]

:joy: Thanks for the morning chuckle while having my coffee!!

9 Likes

I guess ā€œclean X-rays at 2ā€ sounds nice, but if I was looking at buying a 6 y/o, I would certainly want new X-rays done.

As for the KWPN papers - reading between the lines tells me that the papers were never transferred to Jessica for one reason or another. Either she never actually bought him or she did buy him but the previous owner neglected to turn over the papers.

I am wondering if she took the horse in a training arrangement. Iā€™ve known several breeders who do things this way, including someone who was making waves with her dressage breeding program. She would put young horses out with various trainers for development and sale. Specifics of the deals varied from trainer to trainer and horse to horse, but they were often along the lines of trainer absorbs most or all costs and when the horse sells, trainer gets an amount equal to what they have put in plus minimum commission, breeder gets anything left over. Deals of that sort are not uncommon, and esp. with breeders who are becoming known for the quality of their products. Put a 3 y/o out with a trainer and let her develop it and its value goes up - and sometimes WAY up if the horse shows a lot of talent for the Y/H classes.

14 Likes