Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Is that your filly Sascha?

What? :rofl:

15 Likes

I totally agree with this thought. I was simply stating what I was used to.

2 Likes

Well that is an interesting twist you made of my post.

Good try, thank you for the laugh and you once again showing how you live in your own reality.

9 Likes

I am an active member of the community and when horses were lunging at 3:30am at the Hamptons you better believe I went to usef. So yes I find it odd that people are not more actively involved in the organizations they are a part of!

Yes and I meant her dam is 3/4 sibling to Reba. So the gelding above with the less movement also closely related to Reba foal through damline. Although gelding is by Figaro b for a hunter.

Wasn’t Sascha’s dam Ivanka?

Yup just like that gelding above.

Well it’s nice to see the gelding getting started under saddle. And he looks happy and healthy. So thanks for sharing that. Hopefully he goes on to be a well loved riding horse that someone really enjoys.

19 Likes

He was purchased as a weanling by a movie star. He’s very much well loved. lol

1 Like

Seriously doubt it was the first ride. I only say that because your favorite lies are the ones that can’t be proven (until they always are :rofl:). There is nothing ironic about the movement being smooth. Like CC said, they are leg movers, which is all you see and care about. Nothing wrong with that but please, they are not “the hot new thing”. Again, glad to see you have figured out the whole feeding thing. It’s really something, isn’t it?

17 Likes

I’m sorry, but I have to call this out because it’s so weird you are lying about this. Your mares Reba and Ivanka are not 3/4 sisters.

I looked up both of your mares in the American Dutch Harness Horse Association online stud book way earlier in this thread, when there were claims they were Saddlebred or had other outside blood. And I vaguely remembered that their breeding was really different. Drew came onto this thread at one point months ago and clarified that Ivanka came from a well known DHH mareline that was colored - related to a ster mare named “Paula”.

Sooooo… I went back into the ADHHA online stud book just now and took screenshots of their original registration information, as well as the pedigree outlines.

Here’s Reba’s original registration information. She was by Ulandro, and out of a mare named Malinda who was by Majestiet

And here’s Ivanka’s original registration information. She is by Dondersteen, and out of Paula who was by Heineke

So the two mares - Reba and Ivanka - literally aren’t closely related at all.

It is very strange for a breeder to:

1. Not know their own mares’ pedigrees
  2. Lie about their own mares’ pedigrees

ESPECIALLY when the breeder has produced multiple foals from these two mares.

35 Likes

Believe whatever you want that would be the first ruff per the trainer that the client hired. As to feeding it’s funny when my animals are fed exactly what I want right? Rather than people stealing and not feeding. That magical alfalfa from az is all my horses get :wink:

So you go to USEF and tell them what COTH is saying?
Which is what I said… I have not gone to any organization telling them what COTH is saying or what you are saying.

I realize the point I actually made makes it harder for you to crow about yourself, so carry on.

10 Likes

Look back in their pedigrees. The relation they share is substantial as do most older lined Dutch tuigpaards. I never professed they shared parents but lines yes

I only mentioned coth to drew because you guys were all over it about how my foals didn’t do well. But then when they did you all went the other way to say well keuring results don’t matter. You guys can’t get straight what you want lpl

I think she was just bringing up the reporting of early AM lingering thing, because it demonstrates what a good citizen she is.

Kind of like the story about Traverse City this summer, and how Braiden’s helped evacuate horses quickly from the barn when there was fire risk.

She’s trying to build a brand as a ‘heroic braider.’

2 Likes

Considering we run the night watch contract at traverse city it’s our job. Lol

Right. Many breeds of horses are closely related further back. Thoroughbreds, for example. And this is also true when it comes to smaller studbooks with certain dominant foundation lines.

But that is NOT the same as horses being 3/4 siblings. If they are truly 3/4 siblings, 3 out of 4 grandparents must be the same.

Reba’s grandparents were Manno, Landro, Majestiet, and Winged Shadow (Saddlebred).

Ivanka’s grandparents were Ganges, Sealarda, Heineke, Luzanna

These two mares do have similar sire lines, if you look back several generations. Both go back to the HACKNEY stallion Walton Searchlight, through his son Cambridge Cole.

Reba’s dam, Malinda, actually was linebred via her own sire and dam along the tail male side of her pedigree back to the SADDLEBRED stallion New Yorker.

Ivanka’s dam, Paula, actually does have older Dutch Tuigpaard breeding though, and is linebred to the Dutch stallion Oregon. She carries a cross to Cambridge Cole (Hackney) as well though.

Edited to add… and yes, you did profess that they shared parents. You called them 3/4 siblings. Here is how the exchange went…

37 Likes

@Kasheare, reading is fundamental.

9 Likes