Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

So your mares are Amish breeding? Is that what you are saying?

22 Likes

I have gotten some of my best mares from mennonites that work with Wim. And an angry polish man. They import quality. Iā€™ve never spoken poorly about the people I deal with but I have absolutely spoken about others that just have terrible terrible stock. And many Amish use adhha as they actually win money(large amounts) whereas Kwpn you donā€™t get anything. They have created their own breed with the DHH in America that is much separate from the original tuigpaard

Precisely.

And your two prolific broodmares? They were registered with ADHHA at birth. Literally anyone can look it up.

Rebaā€™s ADHHA registration number was M-12478

ADHHA has details on who bred her and foaled her, as well as the next few ownership transfers.

Ivankaā€™s ADHHA registration number is M-15929.

ADHHA has details on who bred her and foaled her, as well as the next ownership transfer.

You know what else ADHHA tracks? They track whether or not the horses in their stud book had original papers from KWPN. If they do, then the ADHHA includes their KWPN registration number in their studbook records.

That is what we see when it comes to Ulandro (Rebaā€™s sire) and Dondersteen (Ivankaā€™s sire).

17 Likes

She wonā€™t answer that.

But anyone can look it up in the ADHHA database.

ā€œRebaā€ was foaled by James A & Ruth Raber. Her original registered name was Rebar Acres Malise. There are many other horses from Rebar Acres that were registered in the ADHHA stud book.

ā€œIvankaā€ was foaled by Cumberland Mountain. EQ. Andā€¦ there are also multiple horses registered by them in the database.

Who knows. These might be great breeding programs. The people who run them might be Mennonites. And thatā€™s all fine. They probably know quite a bit about breeding top notch harness horses.

Butā€¦ I somehow doubt that both these mares ALSO have KWPN papers.

17 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re arguing here. Ivanka had KWPN papers from birth. But what point are you trying to make. I donā€™t even own Ivanka anymore.

Of course I answered you just canā€™t stop typing long enough about nonsense yo read

According to KSā€™s math, Iā€™m 75 percent ape because the ancestry goes back far enough.

This thread is wild. @Virginia_Horse_Mom, you are doing the Lordā€™s work by explaining the lineage and how these are NOT 3/4 sister but IMO KS feels she is above taking anyoneā€™s advice or direction. Even the inspectors with KWPN are ignorant and do not know as much as KS when it comes to breeding - in her mind.

Iā€™ve said it before, Iā€™ll say it again: delulu.

48 Likes

Testy testy.

Me thinks you are irritated that we are zeroing in on how very similar your broodmares are to many many Amish bred DHH commonly found in the US.

And how it seems odd that you leave all that information out of sales ads, and price and market your young stock as though they are imported warmbloods with multigenerational performance bred mare linesā€¦

Round and round we go.

27 Likes

The 75% or 3/4 (whichever you prefer - it is the exact same thing) sisters/siblings claim is laughable - and a responsible breeder would not use that terminology for horses that were not actually siblings - as in ACTUAL siblings of the exact same breeding/sire/dam - no further back than grandparents. Going far back in pedigrees does not equal 75% but much less - and every generation removed/further back would dilute the percentage not enhance it or keep it the same - unless every single horse in every generation were exactly the same in both pedigrees. Basic math and genetics there.

I only drop in on this thread when new activity shows that you have made an appearance, Kate. For someone who thinks this place is trash and whines about it to anyone and everyone and plays the victim card, you sure seem to be obsessed with the notion that posters here are infatuated with your life and your flip flops and movie stars and whatever else you toss into the mix to let us all know how very important you are. Example - the fancy new car you just happened to mention lol lol lolā€¦

No one cares Kate. We just care that the horses are actually fed and looking better.

How soon are you abandoning KWPN? As per your recent rantsā€¦

40 Likes

What are you even talking about? They are verband registered jumping foals. I state as such. Iā€™m sorry youā€™re so obsessed and canā€™t figure out that my horses are KWPN thatā€™s on you. Research away

lol. Iā€™m trying.

If this 75% thing was true, just so long as we all look far enough back in a pedigreeā€¦

Then every modern thoroughbred is a 50% siblingā€¦ or moreā€¦ to the great Nijinsky. He won the English Triple Crown, and was a profoundly influential sire.

:roll_eyes:

19 Likes

Actually someone mentioned that I must be talk to texting in a fancy car since I read this thread while I drive and my response was does it matter if I do have a fancy car? I didnā€™t bring any of that up. Thatā€™s on you all boo

Thatā€™s your foal from Reba. Who you apparently renamed ā€œHakuna Matata KGā€. She was registered as ā€œRebar Acres Maliseā€ by her breeders, with the ADHHA shortly after she was foaled. And her breeders may or may not be Mennonite. Which is fine.

Show us Rebaā€™s KWPN registration information. Iā€™m genuinely curious as to whether or not Amish and Mennonite breeders are going to all the trouble and expense of double registration for their harness bred foals. I will admitā€¦ Iā€™m skeptical. But Iā€™m open to being educated in this topic.

18 Likes

I had to re-read todayā€™s posts because I just couldnā€™t wrap my head around the conversation. What Iā€™ve gathered is that a person who has bred a few dozen horses is publicly claiming that horses are considered 3/4 siblings because they had common ancestors 6 or 8 or 10 gens back. If thatā€™s the case, then I guess my Morgan mares are siblings to just about every other Morgan alive today.

Literally any Wikipedia style overview of horse breeding helpfully clarifies for newbies: the term ā€œhalf siblingā€ only applies to horses out of the same dam but by different sires. Horses by the same sire but out of different dams arenā€™t generally referred to as being related.

I know commenting here is adding nothing, but this was just so far out there I actually devoted precious minutes of my life that Iā€™ll never get back to trying to understand this line of thinking and had to express how crazy I felt for a moment.

53 Likes

Lol. Word.

5 Likes

Sorry, Kate - I am not your boo. You can talk to text on your phone while driving without having that fancy new car - lowly little me does it all the time. Imagine that.

And his sire was Northern Dancer - so using him as reference and using Kateā€™s reasoning, that full ā€œsiblingā€ percentage would be even higher.

90 % of all Thoroughbreds can be traced even farther back to Eclipseā€¦ and the Darley Arabian before himā€¦ :roll_eyes: but strangely, you never hear a pedigree cited at the big sales in Keeneland that even mentions all the potential ā€œsiblingsā€ who may be coming through the ringā€¦

17 Likes

That is because they clearly do not know as much about horse genetics as Kate does.

:crazy_face:

18 Likes

I think you are adding something. Some ā€˜new to horsesā€™ or ā€˜new to breedingā€™ person might be following this thread, and they might be contemplating buying g a high priced weanling or yearling, and they might have fallen for a dubious sales pitch from a breeder, concerning how awesome the foal is, and how the presence of one top stallion 5 generations back makes the foal ALMOST exactly like some other Olympic competitor.

And now they know thatā€™s BS. And they should probably pay no more than the going rate for an athletic and healthy baby/young horse with at least one high quality verified performance parentā€¦ if they like the foal (a little more or less than $10,000-$15,000ā€¦ depending).

9 Likes

Theyā€™re jumping foalsā€¦because OF THE SIRE. That would be like breeding my baloubet mare to Infernoā€™s sixty six and calling it a reining foal :roll_eyes: except my mare has a proven performance record, even though itā€™s a completely different discipline.

Everyone here is entertained by you. Donā€™t get it confused with obsessed. Itā€™s like reading a page turning book. Except youā€™re potentially trying to sell us something - although Iā€™m not sure how many of us are movie stars or 5* eventers :sweat_smile:

40 Likes

Kate, to be fair, youā€™re the one who has bumped this entire thread at LEAST 3 times.

26 Likes