Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Wonder if she will explain herself on this one. :rofl: :yawning_face:

3 Likes

Mizzzzz Shearer

1. leave other people and their horses out of this discussion, especially since you seem to be dissing their SALE horses.

2. be proud of your horses even if they only go to 2 ft hunter shows or training level dressage. A good amateur horse is a wonderful thing.

3. why are the only horses we hear about not bred by you? As in the recently posted brag of an FEI horse, or the one thatā€™s with J Wisdom? Show us a pic of the movie star with your named horse. (you can flash around their name, donā€™t they all like publicity whether good or bad?)

24 Likes

No itā€™s full Dutch

Youā€™re welcome to see on my fb.

So not your breeding.

8 Likes

No but you all are saying that advertising the crosses as Kwpn are dishonest yet Iā€™m giving you many examples of it. Why donā€™t you go tell them they are wrong since itā€™s wrong for me to do but not for them? So Scot Tolman canā€™t sell his crossbred types as Dutch warmbloods? Just trying to understand where your line is. Lots of other people advertising as such but you donā€™t attack them. Lots of other people posting not great looking formal but you donā€™t attack them. Either you donā€™t agree with something and you apply that dislike to everyone doing it or you donā€™t hold that position at all. You donā€™t pick and choose pending the person.

Correct I bought many young stock from Mario a while back and actually 3 broodmares. I liked the full tuigpaard from him so bought the mares of those foals. As I said my mares were not just cheap auction horses. That being said I wanted to improve the rideability as I do see a weakness in connection and canter in the full tuigpaard. So I started breeding what I wanted and now I have coming 5yo and very excited for it. The future is very bright for my babies.

Already answered anove

I think you miss the subtlety in the ā€œmy babiesā€ versus what is a resale. Much like the subtlety in DHH/Dutch/KWPN.

25 Likes

Oh good. You finally acknowledge that there is a challenge when it comes to cantering.

22 Likes

But yet, she still breeds for BIG EQ, Dressage, Jumpers, Derby. Maybe she doesnā€™t understand that the canter is the most important gate. I remember when they all had Derby canters. Whatever that is. lololol

12 Likes

She does seem to have missed that memo.

As well as the memo about breeding for canter and gallop. Trot can be improved. But the canter and gallop are something you want the mare to have going into the whole genetic soup, if you are breeding a riding horse for competitive English disciplines.

11 Likes

Iā€™m becoming really concerned for KS mental health. Maybe itā€™s just me, but her posts seem to be even more unhinged. It might be good for everyone to keep in mind that there can be very bad outcomes even for those who seem to think they are the best ever/untouchable. As much as I have been entertained by the chaos she brings, for whatever reason, Iā€™m starting to worry about her state. I wonder if itā€™s time for us all to just disengage and let this thread go. It will still come up when her name is searched, right?

35 Likes

Exactly!!! Pretty basic stuff. I mean, we all, maybe not all, know that.

1 Like

Scot is extremely transparent about the horses he has bred and what their lines are. There is obvious purpose in his choices.

I have never seen him advertise a dressage x harness-bred foal as perfect for the big eq, for example!

21 Likes

I think you might be right. Iā€™ll follow your lead.

5 Likes

I have thought about his more than once. Although she has been like this from the get go, even a full blown narcissist must feel something inside. We have all done our job here but letting the public know. Heck, she buries herself all the time. Itā€™s just hard to put the stick down when dealing with someone like her. Plus the whole horses starving and baby dying thing. Makes me sick. Animal abuse it the crux of it all for me. At some point, I agree, something will have to give mentally.

9 Likes

If their horses are in some dirt lot ill cared for and starving Iā€™m sure we can start a thread about them too

11 Likes

Earlier in the thread there was interesting info on breeding and Iā€™ve learned about harness breeds. And then came the horrible pix of the starved and ill-kept babies and mares, followed by this stream of nonsensical stories from a braider/breeder. So Iā€™ve said my piece several times about proper feeding and being proud of your horses wherever they are talent wise.

Iā€™m out, Iā€™m not going to facebook to look at stuff I have no interest in, plus the possibility of getting involved with a twirling dervish.

9 Likes

I have never said that a full tuigpaard is an ideal jumper. Some have such as my first one that while only competed 1.25m was doing 1.40m at home. That is what intrigued me about the lines over a decade ago. I did tons of research of what I liked and didnā€™t like. I purchased many weanlings that have gone onto great careers with many people. Then I decided to see about adding some jumper lines in to improve the connection. But remember you all think I saw it as a quick way to make/lose money and bought auction stuff right?