Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Sometimes you just get an odd ball. Yes my deniro was bred for dressage but when continuous hunter trainers in ocala see him and say he has such a big Eq cadence and balance….well you go with it.

You do know that I’m completely 100% ok with dirt lots. I come from AZ. I think the idea of huge pasture is ridiculous. No horse should live off crap grass hay in a pasture. I much prefer my dirt lots with proper feed and forage. But that’s just west coast I guess.

I agree. Let’s not make the same mistake we made (myself included) before.

2 Likes

Hmm. I’m on the west coast and I have to say… my horses LOVE their nice green pastures. You can still feed good quality food even when your horses are on pasture… they’re not mutually exclusive

38 Likes

I’ll just be over here sitting on my hands :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

I don’t know any farms in Phoenix is green pastures. But hey I have seen some grassy sand ones in nor cal and New Mexico!

Agreed, as grazing animals, a decent pasture is amazing if only for the natural way horses are. I do like a dirt lot for keeping my horses feet dry in the rainy summers though.

3 Likes

The irony with you all talking about my mental health is that mental health is something that needs much awareness in the horse world. I work my hardest for those to be made aware of the repercussions of their actions to others within the industry. Unfortunately you all might try to pretend to worry about anyone mental health, but if in fact that actually mattered you wouldn’t have a 6000 comment thread down to a persons choice of footwear. Mean girls will always be mean girls and will think of them as being above others they are trying to put down. But that’s ok. I will continue to actually help those in our industry rather than do what all you keyboard warriors choose to do. Stay strong guys you are rocking your little group!

Then horses should never be raised in Arizona I guess. I’ll make sure I tell all the trainers that since they have no grass pastures they are not caring for their horses appropriately as to good_booie

Your choice of footwear comes up because your choice of footwear is a liability to every owner whose horse you go near while wearing inappropriate footwear.
You have proven time and time again that you like to sue people over just about anything. I have no doubt you will sue when some late night braiding job ends up with you losing a toe or two.

I simply think that all owners should know up front that you are not wearing appropriate footwear while you handle their animals, and then they can decide if it is OK with them or not OK with them.

That has nothing to do with being mean and everything to do with being smart.

22 Likes

And that’s right there where you look like an idiot not knowing the law. I can’t sue someone for my choice of footwear as an independent contractor. I sued for and won for the online libel. Unfortunately I had to sue my father for more than 100k I had given in cash to buy a home that had a tax lien on it. If you think I should not have done either of those things then I guess good for you. I work too hard for my money to just let it go.

Says the person who dragged completely innocent people into this thread, pictures and all. Trash behavior all around.

33 Likes

I think this is a false alarm. I actually wanted to be some sort of empath with what might be the truth. It’s not. Severe immaturity coupled with lack of depth or andragogy. oh well. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Nope. I made a point. If you all are going to have a hard line stance on something that anything with tuigpaard lines should not be advertised as Kwpn or Dutch warmblood then you need to apply that to everyone. If you are going to have a hard line stance on body condition then again apply it across the board. There is a distinct difference. And if you are uncomfortable calling out some of these bigger name people for classifying their tuigpaard horses as Kwpn then that’s on you and only goes to show you try to pick on the little people but surprise surprise this one didn’t roll over for ya!

Gross.

10 Likes

Yes agreed it is gross that there are different stances applied depending on who the person is.

The lack of self awareness would be funny if it wasn’t so pathetic.

30 Likes

It is really outstanding, isn’t it :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Proper feed and forage are the operative words here. In the not so distant past that has not been the case.

14 Likes

If for some wild reason I decided I wanted one of these babies, the trashy online (and IRL) behavior of the breeder would have me running for the hills.

39 Likes