Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Agreed.
Those horses did not get that way in say… a week of inattention by a busy breeder/owner. It took a period of sustained indifference for them to get that way. I would be appalled if any horse in my care looked as thin and malnourished as some of the KS horses were earlier in this thread. I am relieved that they seem to be better managed now and are looking good weight-wise.

When something is not right here - that is on me. Everything is not always Someone Else’s fault. The buck stops here. No excuses. I am the one who has to have a finger on everything that is going on - at all times. I owe it to the horses under my care - and I do not personally own any of them.

We have pastures/paddocks of crap grass - but the horses can graze and nibble as they please throughout the day as they are designed to do… and get hay am and pm. Seems to work just right in the PNW and the horses are all in good shape/weight. The only ones in the dry lot paddocks are two metabolic/Cushings senior citizens - 29 and 30.

18 Likes

She doesn’t care. At all. Typical puppy mill mentality. She can call them her “furkids” :face_vomiting: or her “babies” but at the end of the day. They are not either. They are just uteruses (sp)

11 Likes

Honestly I think it’s insane that this thread isn’t locked lol. It’s an entertaining read and KS has certainly done bad things that are worth pointing out but what’s the point of continuing it? It is true that there are dozens of KWPN breeders doing the same thing she is. I don’t necessarily think it’s a bad thing or that the babies she has are particularly atrocious.

2 Likes

Other breeders are breeding puppy mill trash and starving them?
As I said earlier, I doubt anyone here would have a problem starting threads and outing them too.

15 Likes

Trash is a strong word lmfao. The dams are low quality for sure but the babies seem decent. Nothing that’s going to reach the top levels of the sport but you could say the same for most horses.

And yeah the welfare stuff was horrific but from recent photos it seems the horses are in a better place and healthy? So all the info is already out here for people to see and use as caution. If anything, continuing the thread just buries those specific posts/photos

3 Likes

Then this thread has had success!

17 Likes

I don’t ever do this, but I think the brand-new as of 1 hour ago poster is a little suspicious.

28 Likes

No I’ve just been reading this and some other entertaining threads over the past couple days. I figured I should just make an account instead of lurking. I can see why it seems sus tho

2 Likes

Totally agree - ashamedly, I’ve been following this for the entertainment, but the mean girls posting here give off a worse impression to me than KS to be honest.

8 Likes

Have you seen any of her advertisements? You do realize that Kate is advertising, and subsequently pricing, her horses as being that top tier type of foal that is capable of top levels of the sport; correct? That is part of the concern posters have for these horses. The absurd expectations are fueling the breeding desire and the absurd prices; these two things are keeping those horses locked into a very bad and abusive situation.

14 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good point.

2 Likes

Really? Calling a spade a spade is mean and worse than KS? She perpetuates it, we feed off it. guilty as charged. You have seen all the pictures of the neglect, right? I will stand by my behavior even if it embarrasses me at times. At the end of the day, I don’t really care what people think. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ANIMAL ABUSE AND LACK OF CARE. Yeah, it’s a sore spot for me. Hard to overlook or let go.

15 Likes

I refer you to their KWPN inspection scores, which beg to differ with your opinion.

18 Likes

The other disservice being done to the horses resulting from this breeding program is the use of horses known to produce “professional” type rides on unsuitable mares and claiming them to be ammy friendly rides.

Horses that need professional/advanced riders that are not quality enough to meet such a rider’s goals are in a very tough spot and don’t have good outcomes.

15 Likes

You dont know what a horse will be like undersaddle until it is undersaddle. However when the building blocks are a combination of 1. big name competition stallion (which typically DOES NOT equal ammy friendly) and 2. mares of unknown undersaddle temperament who are not from saddle lineage, you really do not know what you are going to get. All in all those babies have some big claims to live up to and it appears that the building blocks are not there.

And instead of trying out this breeding combination with a baby or 2 to see if her theory is correct, there are 10 or so babies each year for the past 2 years. That is just irresponsible. These are horse-doodles. Mixed breed with a big price tag.

45 Likes

All she needs now is to come up with a new cutesy name for them.

2 Likes

Ehhh actually a vaulting team bought the baloubet son Melissa Hirt had of mine because….get this….his canter was so smooth and wonderful.

And everyone here is right….when I made the decision to move horses from AZ I ended up choosing to trust someone out of state. I paid my bill on time every month and did everything I was supposed to when boarding. I had never been in a bad situation before so didn’t think I should check on things. I was wrong and why I then paid 10k to move the horses to Florida. Thought I found a good situation but have found people take advantage of those who pay and trust. Now I have people that randomly stop by including me unannounced. But this is no way means I do not care for my animals. People like money and take it and think nothing of the destruction they cause to others by not doing their job. When I’m paid to do a job it gets done. I never considered others don’t do the same thing. So you may lament all you want about the dirty shavings but I have all the invoices for all the new shavings I was paying for and the vet bills for the vet caring for the recip mare with laminitis. So you can all continue or you can understand that it does happen to people daily!

This thread has gone through everything from my education, which I paid for myself, to my use of flip flops, to my mental health. When does one think that enough is enough? Luckily I’m a strong person so you cannot hurt me or change my plans in life, but I worry about those you do target that you actually harm by your keyboard warriorism. If you all put your energy towards a situation that actually needs attention and help that would actually benefit someone. That someone is not me. At this point there is nothing left for you to talk about except hating me. I’m sorry my foals sell. I’m sorry you don’t like them, clearly some do. I’m sorry you think I’m dishonest in my sales when others are doing the same thing. I’m sorry you don’t like my footwear choice. I’m sorry you so freely speak about mental health when you are the one berating someone on social media. I’m sorry you feel that this forum is your live/die thread that must be kept alive for those to see how I take care of my animals.

Anyone with actual knowledge of me knows different from your assertions here. And that’s fine you choose to believe whatever you want. You can continue to follow me and discuss me for years to come. I welcome it. Just know that the only ones that look bad here are the mean girl group that have shined through.

You do realize that a not moving flat back, that is a positive for vaulting is not really a positive for many other things.

What I do not understand about you now blaming the condition of your horses on others is that in the past you have simply defended their condition as fine and that we are just mean for thinking their condition is less than optimal.

32 Likes

With all due, it was you when this all started. There was a starved foal shipped to a buyer (who was on active duty and who you threatened via SM and threatened her agent); there were shockingly underweight foals spruced up and sent to inspection as though that was a normal, healthy condition; then came the pictures of even worse - the foundering mare who aborted, the elderly mare with some dude sat on her back as though that was cute and fun.

So, yeah, that was you. And the energy of this thread and the other was focused on it and now you’ve been put on notice that people notice and things have changed. It may not be you now, but it was certainly you then, regardless of all the whys and wherefores you offer, make no mistake: it. was. you.

I don’t give a flying fig about your breeding and registration palaver. I (and others here) are just happy not to see starving foals, aborted fetuses, foundering recips, and aged mares with tumours being ridden around like a pony ride at the fairgrounds.

The one question you haven’t answered: What is the situation with the aged grey mare? You said she had a tumour but then elsewhere discussed her having a foal. Does she/did she have an abdominal tumour? Did you breed her again? Where is she now?

By the by, you yourself revived this thread after it had gone dormant - more than once.

42 Likes