Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Quarantine for a month is pretty standard and there is a good place in Montague, TX. that I use. The nicer looking horses are reflective of actual auction prices. They go through for low amounts all the time.

I check Bowie’s website pretty much daily. :joy: Might have a bad habit formed, but have only one so far myself from there and have enabled several to be bought.

They do ship the leftovers to slaughter. Some go to other auctions and traders.

Not all are junk, and plenty are sound and some are lame. Same as everywhere, I would imagine.

But with Bowie you get variety.

Sorry to derail folks!

4 Likes

Looks like the DHH at Bowie has been snapped up. Wonder if someone from here got him!

4 Likes

If so, I hope there are photos when he gets home and a few months later (transport, sales barn, transport, quarantine and still more transport can be hard on them).

2 Likes

Glad I’m not on Facebook. :grin: If she doesn’t like what I have to say, she’ll have to complain here. If I get a PM from her on COTH it will be shared on this thread. There’s just no excuse for poor horse husbandry and thoughtless breeding.

15 Likes

Actually you are wrong…KWPN accepts horses out of Tuigpaard mares by approved jumper stallions in the riding book and the cross can be successful. Go bck on the thread and look at some of my photos and vids. And as for sport in general, keep in mind Laura Graves GP dressage Horse, Verdades, (once rated #2 in the world, I think) is out of a Tuigpaard mare.
That said, Don’t EVEN get me started on, in my opinion, “Crazy Kate”.

12 Likes

Go a head Tom! Get started on Crazy Kate! Let’s liven up this thread and make sure the public knows everything when they do a search on her and read this thread. :smile:

15 Likes

“Braider at law” was gonna sue me and another person for “harassing her clients”……and we didn’t even know any of her clients !! She claims to be a lawyer, which I don’t know if is true or false, but I couldn’t find her licensed in any state at the time. If true seems to me kinda “hinky” a lawyer would have to braid for a living

20 Likes

She went to law school and graduated but is not admitted to the bar and cannot practice law, unless something has recently changed.

5 Likes

No she’s not a lawyer yet. She did law school a good decade ago in Arizona but her bar exams and license got derailed due to an “identity theft” issue I don’t fully understand (or believe because why would she tell the actual truth just that once?).

Whenever she gets mad at someone online, she threatens to go write the Florida bar exam so she can come back and sue for bullying.

I do know lawyers IRL and her thought process is so far off legal mind that I can’t imagine she would ever be able to pass the bar exam especially after a decade of mentally undisciplined online drama.

15 Likes

Tom, I didn’t say that these DHH/ jumper stallion crosses could not be in the KWPN book. I’m saying that Shearers breeding program is unlikely to produce well conformed amateur horses and that I don’t think KWPN encourages, or would be enthused by, the breeding of random jumper stallions to poorly conformed unproven DHH mares.

I don’t think anyone is saying that DHH or DHH/Jumper line crosses can’t be useful, but carelessly bred crosses of harness line mares to jumper stallions isn’t magically going to produce excellent jumpers with amateur friendly temperaments, and that is exactly what Shearer says she is doing.

26 Likes

Bingo, and exactly.

1 Like

It would make a good Disney movie. The last straw from a great stallion, a mare found out in someone’s back field… the foal nobody will buy until it starts jumping over everything.

20 Likes

Like “The Horse With the Flying Tail”? or one of the other rags to riches stories. :thinking:

3 Likes

Agree

2 Likes

And the foal’s name Paard N Me

20 Likes

It’s official

Both of you are awarded a joint prize for the best post on this thread.

:joy:

9 Likes

Well out of the frying pan into the fire for this poor guy. Bought by another kill pen. I saw him on Lone Star Feedlot’s FB page :woman_facepalming:t2:

There is another one in PA, only a 3 yr old.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0qspj2JBT63Gsu4ZDGYpU6wX76YogxnTMQtAjW2WCnPBLVHwKtfpMxSMWEJjzy126l&id=100069797203895&mibextid=Nif5oz

Oh no. I had really hoped there was a COTH gambler that bought him and he was settling in. Rats.

I hope he finds a home. He looks like a fun, kind horse.

3 Likes

I got to give them credit, they have him cleaned up, put up lots of stills and at least two videos to generate interest. Fingers crossed that he finds a lovely home.

4 Likes