Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

OK folks, whatta y’all think ? Our homebred out of our Tuigpaard mare schooling this morning.
BTW I’m on Facebook as Hap Edanz , a play on our Happy Dance Farm name.

:camera_flash: Look at this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/v/L2Mn9FYM1FZZCCtv/?mibextid=WC7FNe

27 Likes

Lovely :slightly_smiling_face:

Your horse is basically my dream horse

2 Likes

Just beautiful :heart_eyes: Sweet, gentle, harmonious, happy schooling.

(But no truck to jump over? :crazy_face: )

6 Likes

We could manage this !

12 Likes

Poor little Welsh filly looks like she has had the life drained out of her.

12 Likes

You aren’t kidding.
How can a ‘supposedly’
experienced horseperson not see this and be so blind to post this picture?

6 Likes

Maybe someone snuck in a batch of regular alfalfa and not the fancy Arizona alfalfa and that is why everyone is so skinny? I mean, it can’t bet her fault, someone must have swindled her for this to happen.

17 Likes

And… someone has updated Facebook with a bunch of new videos.

Weanlings running around in a field (it seems like people are out there swinging leadropes again trying to get babies to run for videos) with a truck parked in it right beside a fence line. Good thing that the babies were smart, didn’t get too wild from whatever the people were doing, and opted to canter around the truck as they began to move out down that fence line.

One of her youngsters - a 2 yr old now I think - the “KWPN-NA reserve champion foal out of all keurings” - is filmed going through a jump chute she set up in a pasture. She comments she plans on doing all the “young horse things” with him this year.

And… an 18 year old broodmare jumping out of a field and into a lane… again … people are in the field - can’t tell if they are swinging leadropes or what, but the video is in slow mo, and shows the mare flagging her tail, trotting up to the fence where the truck was parked in the field, and this mare opted to jump out of the field entirely into a lane rather than just going around the truck.

Thank goodness she seems fine and didn’t get hung up on the fence.

KS seems to think this is a good video to use to market this 18 year old broodmare as a suitable lesson horse for kids. :woman_shrugging:

Last bit of strange posting on Facebook… she tags William Micklem and comments on the video of the Jackaroo filly that she and WM are hoping this filly is an eventing superstar, but KS also thinks the filly could be an FEI dressage horse.

6 Likes

Looks like the reason for the truck is to maybe block a gate (or non-exist gate) based on the location of the other truck (outside the field). Maybe due to that one being a dully, they felt like it needed to be inside rather than outside.

Why would this field not have gates though?

5 Likes

I see what you are saying about the missing gates and the inside and outside trucks.

Yes… a strange choice to use this paddock and the trucks to make videos of rough coated youngsters going around… presumably in order to sell some?

I don’t understand how someone can be a professional braider, and thus presumably understand the value of presenting a polished, well turned out horse, but the same person then makes videos like this of rough looking youngsters going around in a paddock that is in disrepair…

20 Likes

Seems to me that buying and hanging an appropriate gate is far less trouble than risking a horse getting hurt messing about a truck.

14 Likes

Is it that hard to run a few strands of wide visible tape (with our without electric going to it) for this purpose? Geez. Trucks seem like one of the worst ideas ever.

9 Likes

Right?

Plenty of people have had frisky weanlings get into serious accidents crashing into actual appropriate horse safe fencing. Why borrow trouble like this? Senseless.

10 Likes

that is an excellent point.

20 Likes

She doesn’t present herself as polished and well turned out. Why would her horses be?

21 Likes

Plus expecting to be paid eye-watering amounts for said unkempt undernourished youngsters.

14 Likes

If those frisky weaklings can survive in that environment, think of what they would be like in a proper environment. They seem to have great brains and lots of self preservation.

8 Likes

Half of the time my young horse looks like a semi-feral yak, but you can bet that I’d polish him up and make a proper professional quality video if I were to sell him. Regardless of his price, really. I want to show the horse at his best, even if he’s in some fugly growth stage, which can happen at any moment with a young horse, really :rofl:

The thing that stands out to me time and time again is just her ignorance. She can’t determine what a prospect is. Sure, some horses are multi talented or cross over from one ring or discipline to another, and it can be uncertain with a weanling as to what they will really excel in, but she just comes across as ignorant and barn blind at times. I mean, it’s whatever and it doesn’t affect me, but it’s just something that I’ve noticed.

22 Likes

Don’t know how anyone can believably assess ‘great brains’ from seeing a youngster being harassed in a field.

Such a shame they need it instead of just being well cared for. :frowning_face:

9 Likes