Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Have you ever heard the saying, “No good deed goes unpunished?”

Sorry. This whole thing seems absolutely awful. At least the poor filly is getting what she needs now.

15 Likes

TB farm off season by a bunch of what Id hate to think but were really vagrants. I could be wrong and will probably get sued again - but my observation. VISIT AND MAKE YOUR OWN OPINION. Hate be be sued for the first time in 2024. #myopinion

6 Likes

The sweetest filly. Came knowing nothing, now looks and acts like a total sweetheart. She is lucky to have her new owner.

16 Likes

I wouldn’t waste my time.

I wouldn’t worry about being sued. At least by Kate Shearer. She has not passed the bar exam.
If she hired an attorney he/she would be quite unhappy about any chance of success.

19 Likes

Don’t worry. Braider at Law is not actually a lawyer.

There will be no lawsuit coming your way.

20 Likes

Let’s compare?

32 Likes

Still has a way to go but is making great progress

23 Likes

Thanks for posting those photos showing the good outcome for this filly–the most (only?) uplifting thing about this thread.

14 Likes

The owner shouldn’t have had to pay anything. You were leasing that mare and she was your responsibility.

You took that picture of the mare and the aborted foal laying in filth, instead of tending to the mare first. You really don’t seem to get it, do you?

I hope you will stop what you are doing. It is cruel and you are obviously incapable of good equine husbandry, as well as being completely unable to hire or keep good help, and your (and other peoples) horses are suffering because of your ignorance.

32 Likes

@Kasheare You paying for the vacs tomorrow? The vet will be here at 9:30?

15 Likes

Very handsome horse, and a great rider! She’s very smooth, patient, and stays the heck out of his way. Perfect schooling ride for the young ones.

3 Likes

Starving horses often lack the energy to not be easy.

28 Likes

How much do you spend on shavings? By the looks of the stalls (specifically the one with the aborted foal), it’s no more than my neighbor spends on her hamster.

Inexcusable for a horse of that size, let alone a PREGNANT one.

24 Likes

Your entire post, but especially this last line brings despair at the hopelessness of ever convincing this drop kick that she’s wrong.
She’s a grinning, arrogant know it all on all subjects ‘breeding brains’ into her horses. Pity she hasn’t transplanted a decent one for herself.

15 Likes

Any horseperson, who has experience in the proper breeding horses, the nutrition required for mares and foals, and the basic hygiene necessary for the health of horses (and there are many of us on this forum), has noticed the complete lack of response from Kate Shearer regarding the obvious neglect and careless breeding of her horses.

Kate Shearer, your attempts at obfuscation and misdirection may work with people on Facebook who don’t know any better, but Kate, you are trying to fool people here who have much more experience with proper breeding and husbandry than you have.

You have proved your ignorance over and over again with your words and your photos.

After seeing your photos and your posts, all of your "lol"s are sickening. The fact that you find any of this horror show that you have created laughable is beyond me.

Obviously you are either truly ignorant or you do know how badly you are treating your horses and you just don’t care.

You are a perfect example of a backyard color breeder who only sees dollar signs and can’t be bothered to learn about responsible and considered breeding, let alone basic horse care . Either way, your actions and lack thereof are unacceptable to educated horsepeople.

I hope that your horses sell quickly, before they suffer anymore in your care.

33 Likes

I am sorry that I am asking this now (lots of posting over night, I am behind now, this has probably already been addressed by others), but this comment has me confused.
There are lots of ways to diagnose things inside the body with out cutting something open, which are available to horses.
A simple ultrasound, which can be done at the barn is a perfect example.
Why do you think that one needs to cut an animal open to do diagnostics?

I am very thankful for the vets I use. They seem far more logical and understanding than the vets you are using.

34 Likes

Actually, it is highly unlikely that a portable ultrasound could detect something like that. In most cases it is based on symptoms and necroposy.

Keeping a horse in poor condition is another matter.

3 Likes

But… if the grey mare really is being treated by vets, and they suspect a large cancerous abdominal tumor is causing her to lose condition all along her top line, but have a bloated belly…

Do you really think they would refuse to euthanize?

Kate has claimed this mare is being treated by two well known Ocala practices, and that both think the mare has a cancerous abdominal tumor, but neither will euthanize.

I find it hard to believe that.

32 Likes

A portable ultrasound is a great first step. We are talking about something large enough to make the mare look pregnant while looking skeletal on her top line and tail head so whatever the mass that is being claimed is there is, it has to be quite large so even a portable ultrasound is some place to start.

(Disclaimer, I was responding to enjoytheride’s post before they edited it, what I quoted was all that was there when I quoted and typed my answer.)

3 Likes

I was only addressing the portable ultrasound.

Euthanasia was eventually recommendeded to me in three similar cases. Initially we treated for other issues and hoped for the best. I did have to fight for Euthanasia on one horse. The other two were obvious to everyone.

4 Likes