Opinions on DHH crosses for jumping?

Ah this would be the barn where KS was later posting that the BO used her trailer without permission or dinged it or stole it or some other drama.

7 Likes

Huh. Well that’s interesting.

There seems to be a literal trail of drama and accusations with this woman that starts in Arizona, moves to Oklahoma, and is now impacting a bunch of people in Ocala.

Common denominator doesn’t even begin to do it justice.

19 Likes

Beautiful babies.

This is how this ridiculous ‘breeder’ thinks hers look.

Deluded, ignorant and a blight upon any horse.

10 Likes

Especially when you stop paying them
 :wink:

16 Likes

Years ago my husband was out at sea on an expedition (this happened long before I met him) and he didn’t mail his car insurance payment in before leaving. They rightly cancelled him. He’s still pissed at that company but knows he screwed up.

He never failed to pay in advance ever again.

Compare and contrast to Shearer and others on the thread who learned from their mistakes and were more careful ever since.

ETA: he was in his early 20’s. Shearer is far too old to be singing this song of “Everyone done me wrong!” and “It’s not my fault”.

18 Likes

Lovely babies.

For the uninitiated who may be reading this thread - yes, foals often get butt high after weaning and may stay that way or see-saw up and down behind as they go through growth spurts, and this often continues until they hit a magic moment as late two-year olds or even into their third year. And they will also tend to go up and down behind even after age three until the growth plates in their long bones fuse.

Still - look at the difference in conformation and condition on these youngsters versus the products of KS’s breeding program. These babies have much better shoulders, hindquarters, neck sets, toplines, legs, and are far more suitable for sport than the ewe-necked, flat-crouped, out behind DHH crosses KS is producing.

17 Likes

Oh, please do. Screenshot and print all these posts for his lawyer!

21 Likes

Seriously.

Yes, I hope that someone at EMCO and/or Peterson & Smith has the good sense to screenshot all these defamatory posts for future legal actions. Actual lawyers (as opposed to the subject of this thread) will have a field day with the absurd claims KS has made, I’m sure.

17 Likes

Oh please. Why would trainers “constantly” be asking you to find grooms and help for them, when you have only been there for a year and can’t find or keep any decent help yourself?

I wasn’t born yesterday.

39 Likes

I feel like KS is poking the bear on COTH and then running back to FB to misrepresent what’s said here hoping that eventually anonymous COTH posters will slip up and rebut her FB posts so she can block them, and perhaps doxx them and start harassing them online. Or IRL.

Obviously none of us are going to fall for this.

26 Likes

Nope. It’s not even a novel idea.

7 Likes

Missy Jo’s Florida base is in Ocala, so Kate could ask her for recommendations.

3 Likes

Genuine question ? $33 an hour for stall cleaning ??? Ummm
 sign me up. That’s pretty amazing. Makes NO sense you cannot find barn labor if you’re paying $33 an hour. Uhhhh unless you think someone should be paid $33 for an hour or two to be a loyal employee and do 8 hours of work.

22 Likes

A red bag delivery doesn’t cause a mare to lose a couple hundred pounds. Period. End of.

38 Likes

Or so that she can try and sue them for defamation and tortious interference because of statements made on social media in an equine related group.

7 Likes

My EMCO vet is coming out on Wednesday for some routine work, I’ll bend his ear. I’m sure he’d be interested.

34 Likes

$33 an hour for a 40 hour work week is nearly $70,000 a year. Btw.

16 Likes

What a picture! I love your mare’s expression looking at her foal here.

Pffft
 lovely mare and foal. Her back end is fantastic.

11 Likes

We will add that to the file labeled “things that make no financial sense” concerning this entire situation.

But
 if there really are stall cleaners out there making $70k per year and only working 40 hours a week? That’s awesome. Absolutely legendary.

17 Likes